Fernando Torres

what??? please dude, torres cant do 20% of what DD has already done for us. even comparing him to the legend should be considered BLASPHEMY.

well, it certainly wasn't a blasphemy to call drogba a donkey. do you even remember how much stick and harsh criticism our legend received about 6 years ago?

and it was in a team that was on a different level than anyone else in the league.

so, maybe torres can achieve that legendary status. maybe not. i'll conclude that in another 6 years.

well, it certainly wasn't a blasphemy to call drogba a donkey. do you even remember how much stick and harsh criticism our legend received about 6 years ago?

and it was in a team that was on a different level than anyone else in the league.

so, maybe torres can achieve that legendary status. maybe not. i'll conclude that in another 6 years.

u seriously think he's gonna last 6 years here???

Athletico are in a huge financial crisis, there is no way they can afford Torres' wages.

I think he would take a paycut to play for Atletico. He said many times he wants to end his career there.

Again, it is just my gut

do i know the future? no, i don't.

but i am seriously hoping he'll prove all his doubters wrong. just like i did with drogba.

again the comparision with DD?? dude DD has character, and fight and passion and he wanted to BE a chelsea legend. as far as torres is concerned i dont think he even cares about the club.

its been close to almost 2 years now. we have tried everythin for this guy. made him play on the wing(dint work), benched drogba for him(dint work), brought players to support his kinda play(is not working). i would hate to see 2 of the best young talents in the world failing because we just could not let go of nando in the hope that he would deliver something for us.

again the comparision with DD?? dude DD has character, and fight and passion and he wanted to BE a chelsea legend. as far as torres is concerned i dont think he even cares about the club.

its been close to almost 2 years now. we have tried everythin for this guy. made him play on the wing(dint work), benched drogba for him(dint work), brought players to support his kinda play(is not working). i would hate to see 2 of the best young talents in the world failing because we just could not let go of nando in the hope that he would deliver something for us.

lmao

are we talking about the drogba who used to SULK and DIVE and ROLL AROUND on the ground 6 years ago?

are we talking about the drogba who could give sergio busquets lessons?

of course, it is not convenient for the knee-jerkers mob to realise that.

they need a scapegoat, and torres is it.

Yeah throw away culture.... Let's just spank another £50 million on someone else!!

Can you imagine what would be said if we were not actually top of the league? Christ doesn't bare thinking about.

You obviously forget the number of times DD wanted to leave us. Or the periods when he was pants (there have been several - shock horror).

He played on the wing because Carlo wanted Drogba through the middle (by the way that didn't help him). Hardly benched Drogba, for most of last year all of those seated around me wanted Nando to start over "the legend" because of his poor attitude and performance.

lmao

are we talking about the drogba who used to SULK and DIVE and ROLL AROUND on the ground 6 years ago?

no we are talkin about the DD who scored more than 30 goals in 2009-10 to make us win the double. we are talking about the DD who won us the CL.

and also about the same DD whose dives and rolling around cost barca 6 minutes in the home leg against than in the home leg.

what has torres done for this club. bloody 50mil flop. and please dont tell him he does not dive. the only thing he is looking to do is fall down when he gets the ball.

You obviously forget the number of times DD wanted to leave us. Or the periods when he was pants (there have been several - shock horror).

He played on the wing because Carlo wanted Drogba through the middle (by the way that didn't help him). Hardly benched Drogba, for most of last year all of those seated around me wanted Nando to start over "the legend" because of his poor attitude and performance.

check the no. of minutes both torres n drogba started last year. so we did bench the legend and what do u expect people to say wen match after match all we see is a zombie in a blue shirt walking in the opposition half.

Really well said...I think everyone would agree with you except Torres fangirls.

"The best he looked in our shirt, he reminded me of a mediocre on form striker, nothing above that..." - Sad, but true...I can count his mediocre games on the fingers of one hand, and the rest were just awful. And no premium games from him at all...

no we are talkin about the DD who scored more than 30 goals in 2009-10 to make us win the double. we are talking about the DD who won us the CL.

and also about the same DD whose dives and rolling around cost barca 6 minutes in the home leg against than in the home leg.

what has torres done for this club. bloody 50mil flop. and please dont tell him he does not dive. the only thing he is looking to do is fall down when he gets the ball.

you are missing the points, mate.

you're making it sound like drogba single-handedly won us the cl. he didn't. there are 11 players on the pitch.

you're making it sound like torres is the only player on the pitch. he isn't. there are 11 players on the pitch.

how long has torres been with us?

how long had drogba been with us?

anyway, it doesn't matter, you keep your petty, knee-jerk opinions and i'll keep mine.

thanks.

Same DD who scored thirteen league goals between 2007-09 seasons? Or the one that managed only 16 league goals in his last two seasons at the club?

Is Didier a legend? Yes

Did supporters want rid at certain points? Yes

Is he better than Nando? Yes

Did management give him time? Yes, and that's precisely why he became a legend. I thank my lucky stars that some of the people on here don't run our club.

The saddest thing about him now is that he doesn't add much to the team when he's not scoring goals.

Drogba's not scoring goals? We can still utilise his great power and aerial dominance.

Van Persie's not scoring goals? His team can still l count on his sublime technique, ability to hold up the ball, link-up play and ability to create chances.

Rooney's not scoring goals? His combination of power and technique and ability to create chances for others still makes him extremely useful.

Cavani's not scoring goals? His physicality (pace, power and energy) and strong defensive work still adds a lot to Napoli's game.

Torres' not scoring goals? He used to have his great pace but now he sadly has nothing. Last season he was creating chances for his team mates but that's not been the case this season.

lmao

You are a disgrace for talking about our legend that way.

You defend Torres, and disrespect Didi.

If I were the mod, I would permanently ban you of this forum.

you are missing the points, mate.

you're making it sound like drogba single-handedly won us the cl. he didn't. there are 11 players on the pitch.

you're making it sound like torres is the only player on the pitch. he isn't. there are 11 players on the pitch.

how long has torres been with us?

how long had drogba been with us?

anyway, it doesn't matter, you keep your petty, knee-jerk opinions and i'll keep mine.

thanks.

Same DD who scored thirteen league goals between 2007-09 seasons? Or the one that managed only 16 league goals in his last two seasons at the club?

Is Didier a legend? Yes

Did supporters want rid at certain points? Yes

Is he better than Nando? Yes

Did management give him time? Yes, and that's precisely why he became a legend. I thank my lucky stars that some of the people on here don't run our club.

we ll talk in jan dude. lets see what the management does then. and by the way dd got the time because every chance he got he wanted to prove himself unlike torres. wen a player does not give his 100% then the fans simply wont get behind him and that is what is happenin. no one complained wen he dint score a goal last year during some time period wen torres was actually trying. he is not doin so now. he is our lone striker and much much much more was expected off him but all he has done is that he is going thru the motions. every fan here expected something special from him and rightfully so. but seeing what we are actually getting the greivances are pretty justified. as for the knee jerk reaction, do know the meaning of it. 2 years is no knee jerk.

You are a disgrace for talking about our legend that way.

You defend Torres, and disrespect Didi.

If I were the mod, I would permanently ban you of this forum.

Lol what the fuck!!! Anyone would think the guy gave us world peace.

Ps - he wasnt slating Drogba, just pointing out to the fanboys that he wasn't always the most reliable of players.

Anyway off to my seat!!