Fernando Torres

Well,I don't remember the names of the people who wrote him off after that 20 minute display against Italy but I guess all of them should just feel sorry for themselves.Now I am pretty sure they all would have been singing his name and praising him but the fact is fans like them really can't be called as true Chelsea fans.

Fernando Torres is a Chelsea player and deserves our support.I am glad he scored and was able to prove his critics wrong.

Well played El Nino!

I think you are the one that is confused. Those individuals are actually gooners, but support CFC cause The Blues win stuff unlike le arse. So unfortunately we have to let come into our ranks ;)

Well he has now scored 9 goals in his last 12 starts for club and country! That's pretty consistent to me.

That's pretty rosy-eyed look at things. These numbers are based entirely on 3 games where Torres scored 7 goals against crappy sides. Also, I don't care what he does for Spain because it has no bearing on Chelsea. Also, you're using the Leicester City match to show Torres is in form? That game was 3 months ago. There is no consistency at all because the goals are bunched in these few games. If you look at a less arbitrary figure, the numbers look much worse.

-Torres last 10 Premier League starts-He scored in 2 games. (QPR, Villa)

-Torres last 15 Premier league games where he played at least 25 minutes-he scored in those 2 games.

-Torres last 15 Premier League starts-he scored in those 2 games

-Torres last 15 starts for Chelsea in all competitions- he scored in 3 games

-Torres last 15 matches for Chelsea overall-he scored in 3 games

It's all about using his 5 goals against Leicester and QPR to try to make it seem like Torres was on form when he pretty obviously wasn't.

That's pretty rosy-eyed look at things. These numbers are based entirely on 3 games where Torres scored 7 goals against crappy sides. Also, I don't care what he does for Spain because it has no bearing on Chelsea. Also, you're using the Leicester City match to show Torres is in form? That game was 3 months ago. There is no consistency at all because the goals are bunched in these few games. If you look at a less arbitrary figure, the numbers look much worse.

-Torres last 10 Premier League starts-He scored in 2 games. (QPR, Villa)

-Torres last 15 Premier league games where he played at least 25 minutes-he scored in those 2 games.

-Torres last 15 Premier League starts-he scored in those 2 games

-Torres last 15 starts for Chelsea in all competitions- he scored in 3 games

-Torres last 15 matches for Chelsea overall-he scored in 3 games

It's all about using his 5 goals against Leicester and QPR to try to make it seem like Torres was on form when he pretty obviously wasn't.

HAHA!!! what a hater!!! what team do you support? let me guess Arsenal right! but your here because Chelsea win trophies right?

I bet you must have been so angry yesterday seeing Torres make people like you look stupid!

Haha! get a life!!!

HAHA!!! what a hater!!! what team do you support? let me guess Arsenal right! but your here because Chelsea win trophies right?

I bet you must have been so angry yesterday seeing Torres make people like you look stupid!

Haha! get a life!!!

Nope. I support Chelsea. Not Torres. And I certainly am not some kid who makes a profile just to slag someone off. (As if there's a 51 YO who says things like "what a hater!")

no im not 51 i rushed that part when signing up! ;)

but you are seriously an embarrassment of a Chelsea fan!

If you have ever been to Stamford Bridge you would see how much us fans actually support Torres and always chant his name and cheer him on! we are all frustrated that he hasn't set the world alight for us yet! but that doesn't mean we will stop supporting him! and certainly doesn't mean we will start talking rubbish about him!

At Chelsea we support our players! probably different how they do it in Canada then i guess!

I understand your frustration, but please don't think of yourself as some sort of club ambassador just because you've been to Stamford Bridge. Nor does going regularly make you a bigger or better supporter.

Everyone is entitled to differing opinions.

And before you start at me I've been to 40+ different stadiums to watch Chelsea and 9 European away games. You're no ambassador. If anything what you said is somewhat more embarrassing than TC's comments.

So, you missed it when Chelsea fans boo other players? Nobody has ever booed Sturridge or Drogba or Mikel or Malouda or Kalou or even Drogba? All of whom contributed more to Chelsea that Torres has. This is not about supporting players or not supporting players. We all support any player who plays for Chelsea. This is about the absurd amount of love that a player who has been awful for us gets. Nobody here has Kezman or Bogarde or Chris Sutton as their avatar. Nobody bangs on and on about how Claudio Pizzaro was secretly amazing despite his stats and just needed to be surrounded by world-class talent to show his true class. The level of support for Torres is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in football. He consistently gets more love for Chelsea fans than any other player and it just makes no sense. (My best guess is that Torres is "an icon"-he's on posters and video games and what not, so he will always get support no matter his form, especially from younger fans. I assume it's the same for someone like Beckham. I really have no other explanation.) And talking about Chelsea pride? He is the worst transfer in Chelsea history, he's the highest paid player on the club, been historically awful, and he's complained on more than one occasion. If people were writing "I think Torres will turn it around this season" it's a valid position to take, but the "Torres has been good for us" or even "Torres played well at all" is just nonsense. And the idea that if you don't love Torres, you don't love Chelsea, is backwards. I want what's best for Chelsea and I don't think Torres is what's best. You want what's best for Torres even if it's not what's best for Chelsea.

Hear, hear.

What a post.

So, you missed it when Chelsea fans boo other players? Nobody has ever booed Sturridge or Drogba or Mikel or Malouda or Kalou or even Drogba? All of whom contributed more to Chelsea that Torres has. This is not about supporting players or not supporting players. We all support any player who plays for Chelsea. This is about the absurd amount of love that a player who has been awful for us gets. Nobody here has Kezman or Bogarde or Chris Sutton as their avatar. Nobody bangs on and on about how Claudio Pizzaro was secretly amazing despite his stats and just needed to be surrounded by world-class talent to show his true class. The level of support for Torres is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in football. He consistently gets more love for Chelsea fans than any other player and it just makes no sense. (My best guess is that Torres is "an icon"-he's on posters and video games and what not, so he will always get support no matter his form, especially from younger fans. I assume it's the same for someone like Beckham. I really have no other explanation.) And talking about Chelsea pride? He is the worst transfer in Chelsea history, he's the highest paid player on the club, been historically awful, and he's complained on more than one occasion. If people were writing "I think Torres will turn it around this season" it's a valid position to take, but the "Torres has been good for us" or even "Torres played well at all" is just nonsense. And the idea that if you don't love Torres, you don't love Chelsea, is backwards. I want what's best for Chelsea and I don't think Torres is what's best. You want what's best for Torres even if it's not what's best for Chelsea.

:clap:

Good post lad. I'll be honest I am one of those people that wants Torres to succeed at Chelsea and he has my full backing but I agree with most of the the above!

and again ... *meow*

Great post!

And all the love Torres gets....might be because of all the hate he used to get and people feeling bad?

Or maybe they are those fans that where Liverpool fans, and then left Liverpool for Chelsea when Torres joined? :ph34r:

2cwojld.jpg

Lol 2 goals against Ireland doesn't mean he's proven critics wrong. Still a long way to go. He needs to show he can do it against the bigger teams. He hasn't 'changed' a big game by a goal. I guess technically there was the barca one but that doesn't really count as he was put through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat.

Anyway if he scores against a better team then I'll certainly give him the credit he deserves. He did what he was supposed to do yesterday against an awful Ireland side.

He definitely needs to have a good tournament

Tell Ronaldo that, lol. Tell Balotelli that. Tell Robben that in World Cup 2010. Every goal counts, and sometimes the "easy" finish is the hardest one to make.

And all the love Torres gets....might be because of all the hate he used to get and people feeling bad?

Or maybe they are those fans that where Liverpool fans, and then left Liverpool for Chelsea when Torres joined? :ph34r:

I'd have to say, all the hate Torres is getting...has made him a better player. Sure, he's not setting the world alight or scoring bucket-loads of goals...but he wants to help the team and hopefully with the players we have brought in, he'll start repaying the 50 million!

With Drogba gone, it is the end of an era. No more shadows. Time for Torres to lead the line at Chelsea.

no im not 51 i rushed that part when signing up! ;)

but you are seriously an embarrassment of a Chelsea fan!

If you have ever been to Stamford Bridge you would see how much us fans actually support Torres and always chant his name and cheer him on! we are all frustrated that he hasn't set the world alight for us yet! but that doesn't mean we will stop supporting him! and certainly doesn't mean we will start talking rubbish about him!

At Chelsea we support our players! probably different how they do it in Canada then i guess!

Big big difference between supporting him and making every excuse under the sun as to why he has failed to have a £50m game for us yet, i wish some could actually tell the fucking difference between the 2.

I support him, doesn't change the fact i don't think he will ever be good enough to lead the line. I supported Bolourouz and Ben Haim despite the fact i knew full well both were utter donkeys.

We really need to work out the line between supporting players and making excuses for them, the clear fact is Torres for 99% of his Chelsea career has made Kalou look like Pele, harsh but true.

Well everyone can twist and see anything as they wish, but the main points stay.

- Torres is not scoring what he is supposed to be scoring.

- Torres needs a Xabi Alonso type of player in the midfield, someone who can find space and understand his runs.

- Torres is not Drogba he can't power his way to the goal, he can dribble but he still needs THAT pass.

- Torres has contributed to the team, even if you don't want to admit it, he has, he have been assisting and passing. Not his job but he has been helping in the scoring somehow. Who forced the corner in the Champions League Final that made us equalize? That's right Torres.

Don't expect a player to fit in such a different system if he is not fit for it. I'm not excusing Torres' play, I'm just pointing out what's obvious.

Well everyone can twist and see anything as they wish, but the main points stay.

- Torres is not scoring what he is supposed to be scoring.

- Torres needs a Xabi Alonso type of player in the midfield, someone who can find space and understand his runs.

- Torres is not Drogba he can't power his way to the goal, he can dribble but he still needs THAT pass.

- Torres has contributed to the team, even if you don't want to admit it, he has, he have been assisting and passing. Not his job but he has been helping in the scoring somehow. Who forced the corner in the Champions League Final that made us equalize? That's right Torres.

Don't expect a player to fit in such a different system if he is not fit for it. I'm not excusing Torres' play, I'm just pointing out what's obvious.

I agree its just the costs people will complain about. I think after this year its perform or go home, he has all the resources he didnt have previously, I dont think this year he can be the hustle player anymore and get away with it.

Big big difference between supporting him and making every excuse under the sun as to why he has failed to have a £50m game for us yet, i wish some could actually tell the fucking difference between the 2.

I support him, doesn't change the fact i don't think he will ever be good enough to lead the line. I supported Bolourouz and Ben Haim despite the fact i knew full well both were utter donkeys.

We really need to work out the line between supporting players and making excuses for them, the clear fact is Torres for 99% of his Chelsea career has made Kalou look like Pele, harsh but true.

OMG!!! when are people going to realize!!!

Torres wasn't the one who declared he was worth 50million you know!!! SMH!!!

your obviously another person who has had unrealistic expectations of Torres! its getting boring now!