Fernando Torres

Torres just showed his frustration when Xavi passed it back rather than a one-two. Our players like Mata and Hazard will be used to those sort of runs next season training with him and will find him. Have faith people!

Or maybe the "people that matter" are just desperate for our £50m striker to succeed they're willing to try anything to make it work. Just my 2 cents.

But enough with the negativity now and like some said on the match topic, it's now time to stop complaining about Torres for a week because he scored. If he scores more in the second half I'll be quiet for a month. :P

guess your going to stop complaining mate

I predict he'll get atleast double what he scored last season. Somewhere between 20-30 goals in all competitions I reckon.

Its more imperative for him to have a good season than anyone else on the team aside from POSSIBLY hazard, it will send good vibes thru the bridge

Great game.

But has a lot more to prove, cause he also had those great games once in a while during the season, and then faded away.

Oh and the Spanish style seems not his style. 2 goals where more like Fernando goal himself.

All this back passing and sideways passing is not what he looks for, was able to see it during the game in his face expression.

guess your going to stop complaining mate

I'm a man of my word, so yes.

Happy for Torres, had a great game. Let's just hope he can continue this form for the rest of the tournament and into the season playing for Chelsea when it really matters.

Great game.

But has a lot more to prove, cause he also had those great games once in a while during the season, and then faded away.

Oh and the Spanish style seems not his style. 2 goals where more like Fernando goal himself.

All this back passing and sideways passing is not what he looks for, was able to see it during the game in his face expression.

The amount of times Spain could've released Torres was shocking. They ignored gaping holes in the Irish defence that Torres was exploiting, ignoring him and carrying on with the Tiki Taka bull shit.

No striker likes this style. That's why they play with 6 midfielders. You are rightly frustrated cause you make 5 good runs, making yourself available but they just pass it and pass and pass ... <_<

Speaking for myself, Spain's style is extremely boring to watch, same goes to Barca. If they are willing to lose some possession and place more through passes during counter-attack, Torres will score for fun.

I agree that style of football was good to watch in 2009! now i am just bored of it now! I watch Barca play every week! (only because i usually have a bet on Messi to score a hattick most weeks) so thats really the only entertaining thing for me when i watch Barca play is just to cheer on Messi! but apart from that they are so dull and boring to watch! same goes with Spain! It must be so frustrating for Torres at times playing in that team!

He only needs one more goal to surpass his total from Euro 2008... let's hope the next one is the final winner again ^_^

If memory serves for most of Euro 2008 he was a foil for Villa who gave him credit for his work for the team. In the final Villa was hurt so Torres actually played as a true 9.