Fernando Torres

Not sure if that can be applied to Torres. :ph34r:

Time will tell. I have had a really bad knee injury (Torn ACL and meniscus) and I played football (Nowhere near any mention-able level) and I had a operation for it 9 months ago and it really takes long before you gain the confidence to get into a full sprint let alone a full contact situation. I haven't been back to football yet and started playing field hockey to keep fit. Your mind is such a powerful thing and I think I can relate to what Torres is going through, that's why I have sympathy for him........he still needs to prove himself at CFC though.

Time will tell. Your mind is such a powerful thing and I think I can relate to what Torres is going through, he still needs to prove himself at CFC though.

Unless your a world-class player who has suffered a major injury, how can you relate to what Torres is going through?

Well,I don't remember the names of the people who wrote him off after that 20 minute display against Italy but I guess all of them should just feel sorry for themselves.Now I am pretty sure they all would have been singing his name and praising him but the fact is fans like them really can't be called as true Chelsea fans.

Fernando Torres is a Chelsea player and deserves our support.I am glad he scored and was able to prove his critics wrong.

Well played El Nino!

Lol 2 goals against Ireland doesn't mean he's proven critics wrong. Still a long way to go. He needs to show he can do it against the bigger teams. He hasn't 'changed' a big game by a goal. I guess technically there was the barca one but that doesn't really count as he was put through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat.

Anyway if he scores against a better team then I'll certainly give him the credit he deserves. He did what he was supposed to do yesterday against an awful Ireland side.

He definitely needs to have a good tournament

Unless your a world-class player who has suffered a major injury, how can you relate to what Torres is going through?

I can relate in the sense that your injury sits in the back of your mind all the time and you feel like it is holding you back.

I can see what you saying though, I feel like I can relate in the sense that he might not feel 100% right just yet.

Very impressed with both goals to be honest. The first was an absolute cracker and Shay is usually no slouch, The second was impressive how he shielded the defender coming from his left and still made a away to take the shot on his right. Very classy goals

Btw, anyone notice how his first goal yesterday was similar to his shot at Anfield which hit the cross-bar?

Quick turn and an un-saveable shot!

Well he has now scored 9 goals in his last 12 starts for club and country! That's pretty consistent to me.

Didn't know that, good run.

Come to think of it, in Chelsea most of his goals where from through balls from players like Anelka, Benayoun, Mata and such where he ran at the defender and beat them?

He is not into possession style if that's true.

More of an explosive style like United.....he would have been awesome over there!

Put Torres in the Arsenal team, think how many goals he would've scored.

Put Torres in the Man City squad, he would have won the Ballon D'or. :Goober:

NO!. I disagree, i think Messi would win it tbh, you cannot say Torres will, wheres your logic mate?, no really where is it!.