Fernando Torres

he doesn't need to convince you! he has already convinced the people that matter!

Although that maybe true, the aim of this thread still is for users to share their opinions on Feranado Torres. And he's as entitled to expressing his opinion as you are. Totalitarianism will not work here.

As for Torres he wasn't exactly excellent throughout the game, but he got the all important goals. I'm happy for him, I just hope he can build on this. I fear if he does not score in the next couple of games he'll be back to square one.

If memory serves for most of Euro 2008 he was a foil for Villa who gave him credit for his work for the team. In the final Villa was hurt so Torres actually played as a true 9.

Yes, exactly. I was more or less making a comment on how his performance in these Euros can potentially surpass (statistically, at least) his contribution from 2008 -- one which he was particularly commended for.

Very quiet in here...

No, it isn't. I'm sorry, but I said after his misses last game, that I didn't care what he did for Spain and that you can't judge a player base on a few games. Chelsea didn't get Torres to score goals for Spain against Ireland in the Euro, we got him to perform with Chelsea and after 67 games, he's been awful. He could score 15 goals in the tournament and it wouldn't change that (it would bode well for his confidence though.) This "Torres is back" based on one good game against a poor side has happened about 5 times in the past 2 years and every single time, it turned out not to be true. He won't be back until he is scoring regularly for Chelsea.

The amount of times Spain could've released Torres was shocking. They ignored gaping holes in the Irish defence that Torres was exploiting, ignoring him and carrying on with the Tiki Taka bull shit.

No striker likes this style. That's why they play with 6 midfielders. You are rightly frustrated cause you make 5 good runs, making yourself available but they just pass it and pass and pass ... <_<

Come to think of it, in Chelsea most of his goals where from through balls from players like Anelka, Benayoun, Mata and such where he ran at the defender and beat them?

He is not into possession style if that's true.

More of an explosive style like United.....he would have been awesome over there!

He would have been awesome for us in the 04/05 season when we played differently - more direct, faster, with flying wingers and pressing. Hopefully next season can be his time. This is promising. :D

So it seems like that's his style.

Even in Tottenham when they played CL he would have killed.

One reason why I would like Modric here.

He can exploit those longs ball to Torres, when he is getting ready to make that dash towards the goal.

So it seems like that's his style.

Even in Tottenham when they played CL he would have killed.

One reason why I would like Modric here.

He can exploit those longs ball to Torres, when he is getting ready to make that dash towards the goal.

Josh is the man, fuck Modrić. Just hope we give him a chance, he could really unlock those defences with the passing skills especially when we play against weaker sides at home. B) As for Fernando, I expect a few more goals at the Euros and after that we'll have a much more confident no. 9 next season. We have to support him now, it's very important.

Josh is the man, fuck Modrić. Just hope we give him a chance, he could really unlock those defences with the passing skills especially when we play against weaker sides at home. B) As for Fernando, I expect a few more goals at the Euros and after that we'll have a much more confident no. 9 next season. We have to support him now, it's very important.

Josh is the man..for the future. I don't think we'll see the true quality of Josh for another 3-4 seasons.

If Modric is signed, he should have an immediate impact in our midfield which is exactly what we need.

No, it isn't. I'm sorry, but I said after his misses last game, that I didn't care what he did for Spain and that you can't judge a player base on a few games. Chelsea didn't get Torres to score goals for Spain against Ireland in the Euro, we got him to perform with Chelsea and after 67 games, he's been awful. He could score 15 goals in the tournament and it wouldn't change that (it would bode well for his confidence though.) This "Torres is back" based on one good game against a poor side has happened about 5 times in the past 2 years and every single time, it turned out not to be true. He won't be back until he is scoring regularly for Chelsea.

I was saying it's quiet because when Torres had a supposedly bad 15 minutes all hell broke lose on here.

He had a decent game today and it's quieter than anything in here.

People were using a Spain game to slag off Torres, now people are using a Spain game to praise him. Nothing wrong with that.

Not convinced fully yet. Yes he scored twice... so what? Yes he was better than he has looked most of the season but still what happened the last time he played good?Nothing, he flopped again. One game doesn't mean anything and yes you can bring up all these stats from when AVB was in charge and compare them to when RDM took over but what does that prove...? Nothing. He should be sold still imo, never mind waiting for a 50 million man to finally produce the goods after 2 years.

Josh is the man..for the future. I don't think we'll see the true quality of Josh for another 3-4 seasons.

If Modric is signed, he should have an immediate impact in our midfield which is exactly what we need.

Yep have to agree with you though I think Josh would have helped our midfield even this season.

Nice goals tonight from Spain's no. 9 btw. :D