Fernando Torres

Torres made smart runs. You don't know the other strikers would've made them, it's just a shame he didn't take one of the chances but another day he will. He always makes good runs on the last man.

where do i start! there have been so many games this season where Torres has been brilliant or had moments of brilliance in a game. Ok here we go off the top of my head, Stoke A, Man United A (before the miss), Leverkusen H, Genk H, Genk A, Swansea H (before the red card), Leicester H, Benfica A, QPR H.

Whether you want to believe it or not Torres has shown he has alot of quality in alot of games this season and he will continue to show that next season as well.

Genk away he was nothing special, against Swansea didn't he get sent off after about 30 minutes? Leicster at home, there a Championship side ffs, and against Benfica he came off the bench didn't he?

He's getting nearly 200 grand a week to play well against Leicster and the likes?

where do i start! there have been so many games this season where Torres has been brilliant or had moments of brilliance in a game. Ok here we go off the top of my head, Stoke A, Man United A (before the miss), Leverkusen H, Genk H, Genk A, Swansea H (before the red card), Leicester H, Benfica A, QPR H.

Whether you want to believe it or not Torres has shown he has alot of quality in alot of games this season and he will continue to show that next season as well.

Surely, you jest. That list of "brilliant games" is laughably light. He has played 67 games with us, and he's had maybe 7 or 8 games where he has been decent and the vast majority of those were against Championship quality sides. Torres has had four games where he has been a dominant force in a year and a half and those four games were against Genk, Villa, Leicester, and QPR. We're competing with teams that have Aguero, Rooney, and Van Persie...you know strikers who can score regularly, who can create chances and score meaningful goals and we're suppose to get excited because Torres looked good against Genk? Even the list you give is giving him too much credit. Of those 9 games you mention, he didn't even score in 3 of them, had maybe the worst miss in history in another, and got sent off for a stupid tackle in yet another and those are his quality games? The bar for Torres having a "quality game" is so low, that any game where he doesn't suck, gets qualified as "brilliance". He runs around for 65 minutes and people fawn over him. How many goals did Torres get when Chelsea really needed a goal in a year and a half? How many matches did Torres win for us? How many key goals did he get? Umm...It' amazing, utterly amazing, to watch people twist and turn to try to turn an obvious year and a half of incompetence into the exact opposite.

Here's a point everyone is missing - It wasn't Torres who made Spain look dangerous when he came on - It was the midfielders.

The tactics changed the moment he got on the pitch, and from that moment on, the midfielders no longer tried to pass the ball into the box, but instead tried as many hoofed, looped and through balls as possible, while Torres just ran behind the defenders, and then wasted the shot or dwelled too long before passing.

Even Torres' biggest critics know that his movement is still terrific. Granted, his finishing has been shot to pieces, but you can't deny that it was his movement that created those chances for Spain/Torres during his 15min cameo.

Even Torres' biggest critics know that his movement is still terrific. Granted, his finishing has been shot to pieces, but you can't deny that it was his movement that created those chances for Spain/Torres during his 15min cameo.

Indeed. I'm not his biggest fan at all at the moment, but blimey what a shift he put in for Spain. Looks like he's finally actually delivering on his "enjoying football" claim. Of course the likes of Xavi and Fiberglass help, but end of the day he's still putting in the miles.

His movement is good yes but his finishing is terrible. I'd rather it the other way around tbh, Lots of players could have good movement in the box but poor finishing.

Agreed but he's a confidence based striker and is at his best when playing on instinct as opposed to thinking too hard. Naturally when you are not confident you think more because you don't want to cock up, but this makes things worse. The movement is excellent, the Spain match showed that.

We also saw what he could play like when he did have confidence, but ultimately he was never going to usurp Drogba as the main striker. I do believe that Chelsea will get a better Fernando Torres next season when he knows he's number one. Personally with the other potential attacking threats we have alongside him/are hopefully going to buy, I will be delighted if he gets somewhere in the region of 15-20 goals in the league and 20-25 in all competitions next season. He doesn't need to score 30-40 goals because we have goals in other players within our squad, and I wouldn't want the club to become too reliant on one player á la van Persie and Arsenal.

He cost twice as much as Drogba, so using my keen mathematical skills I can deduce that Torres is twice the player that Drogba is.

SCIENCE HAS FAILED ME AGAIN

Shit does that make Carroll better than Hazard? :ph34r:

Well, I'm not calling you a liar, but your profile says that you're 17, meaning you would be around 11/12 just as he's leaving Atletico Madrid, thus not giving you enough time to become a fan of his.

Of course unless you mean you started being a big fan of his when you were around 10 years old or younger, but I've rarely heard of non-Spanish people following Atletico Madrid of all teams or any of their players at such a young age, especially considering La Liga wasn't even broadcasted outside of Spain back then I believe.

Again, not accusing anyone of lying - Simply smelling something fishy. (maybe I need a shower.)

Grunch. Who says you can't become a fan of someone's by that age? I was less than 8 years old when I started having sports heroes.

This thread is jokes. Torres has had many great performances for us but didn't score. I know he's a striker but on top of being just a striker, he's genuinely a very good technical footballer and plays for the team first and foremost. I still believe that he'll have a couple of awesome years for us, starting next season. If he doesn't fire next season, forget it.

Now you see, the problem with another rubbish season is that no one will come near him and we'll be stuck with a useless player being one of our highest earners.

We could sell him off now for 10-15 million, cut our losses and move on.

WOW!!! so much hate on here towards Torres!!! I think i will stick to the CFCnet forum, at least on there people appreciate Torres and can see he actually does contribute alot to the team and that he is still a quality player. People on here seem to think Torres should be banging in 30-40 goals a season or something! when Torres has never been a 30-40 goal a season striker even at his best he was just about a 20+ goal a season striker, the price tag has blinded so many people and has made peoples exceptions of Torres very unrealistic! even Torres in the best form of his career would have done really well to have scored 20+ goals in that Chelsea team last season.

Next season he will play with Mata, Hazard and maybe Hulk, Torres will shut alot of delusional people up next season, that is for sure.

No, in his best form he'd have had about 35. He missed so many sitters, which, alone, would have gotten him to about 20-25. Don't act like our entire team under Villas-Boas wasn't set up to bring the best out of him. It did for about a week then he fucked us off at Old Trafford with that miss.

We're wasting our time here by trying with Torres. Just get him out as soon as possible, try and recoup something from that 50 million. Perhaps that'll help give Lukaku some game time, though we could do with a backup striker.

The fact of the matter is he's a money grabbing wanker who gets mass-fellatio from the majority of Chelsea fans while comparative hero's like Bosingwa are hounded out of the club.

You referring to selling him off? Well imo it's better than the laughing stock we always become when the topic of Torres comes up.

Sort of. Sell off a player who's had a dip in form, who the club have made known world wide that'll be sticking with... If you catch my drift.

Torres should have one more season to impress. If not, we sell him. Mutual ground for everyone.

Sort of. Sell off a player who's had a dip in form, who the club have made known world wide that'll be sticking with... If you catch my drift.

Torres should have one more season to impress. If not, we sell him. Mutual ground for everyone.

A year and a half of poor performances is no dip in form!