Fernando Torres

No, in his best form he'd have had about 35. He missed so many sitters, which, alone, would have gotten him to about 20-25. Don't act like our entire team under Villas-Boas wasn't set up to bring the best out of him. It did for about a week then he fucked us off at Old Trafford with that miss.

We're wasting our time here by trying with Torres. Just get him out as soon as possible, try and recoup something from that 50 million. Perhaps that'll help give Lukaku some game time, though we could do with a backup striker.

The fact of the matter is he's a money grabbing wanker who gets mass-fellatio from the majority of Chelsea fans while comparative hero's like Bosingwa are hounded out of the club.

HAHA!!! are you serious?

First of all Torres at his best would never have scored 35 goals for us! he is a 20 goal a season striker at best, he had one amazing season where he got 30+ goals! maybe if he was here in our freak season in 09/10 where we scored ridiculous amount of goals then maybe he would have got a little closer to that figure. Torres scored 11 goals last season and your saying if he never missed so many sitters then he would have 20-25 goals! last season! haha! thats how i know you clearly dont watch Torres play and your opinion is mostly made up of the rubbish your hear about him from haters! off the top of my head chances that Torres should have scored was,

He should have got another goal against Man United A he missed a sitter against Blackburn A, he missed a quite easy chance against Norwich A, and when he rounded the keeper against Napoli it wasn't the easiest of angles to score from but i am trying to help you out here, and against United at home where he should have shot with his right foot instead of trying to cut the ball on to his weaker left foot. So thats 5 chances i can think of there where Torres should/could have scored a couple in there are harsh though to class them as sitters but as i said im trying to help you out here, so those 5 goals would have bought his tally up to 16 goals so where are the other 4-9 sitters that Torres missed?

see thats the thing you have to nitpick to find sitters that Torres missed! again further proof that you listen to the media rather than actually watch Torres, because according to the media, Torres misses a sitter every week! according to the media every difficult chance to score is classed as a sitter when Torres is involved! according to the media when Torres loses the ball its because he lacks confidence and isn't in form! according to the media every chance and even half chance Torres spurns would have been put in the back of the net if he was in a Liverpool shirt! when that is so so untrue!!! Seriously you need to get your own opinions! by actually watching the guy play.

And what is the obsession with people on here to have a striker who can score 30+ goals a season? yes that would be nice! but we are not Arsenal! we dont rely on one player to score all the goals for us! even in 09/10 when Drogba hit 37 goals, we still had Lampard who chipped in with 26, Malouda who chipped in with 15, Kalou who chipped in with 12, and also Anelka who chipped in with 15 goals! We are a team who have match winners all over the pitch! and many players who are capable of reaching double figures! we dont need a 30+ goal a season striker! if Torres hits 15+ next season which he is more than capable of doing (imo he will get 20+) then we will have players like Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Ramires, Sturridge, Marin, Lukaku + whoever else comes in, all who are capable of scoring their fair share of goals plus the like of Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz and Chaill who also chip in with goals! We dont need one striker to score all the goals! we are not a one man team!

It's not just the amount of goals that matters. It's the importance of having a striker who can do something out of nothing and decide a game on his own. Torres isn't that kind of striker.

its not about having a striker who can do that its about having players in the team who can do that, and that is what we already have in players like Mata and Ramires plus new players coming in like Hazard. Our team doesn't revolve around the striker! we have quality all over the pitch.

its not about having a striker who can do that its about having players in the team who can do that, and that is what we already have in players like Mata and Ramires plus new players coming in like Hazard. Our team doesn't revolve around the striker! we have quality all over the pitch.

You don't get it, do you?

When it comes down to the last minutes of a game you want to have a striker on our side who can provide what I have already said. Every top team needs to have quality players all over the pitch, yes. But the striker position isn't an exception there.

Lol!!! I don't think you quite get it do you?

So your saying Torres has no quality what so ever to change a game? If you think that it says a lot about you! If you have quality players all over the pitch and match winners all over the pitch and whether you want to believe it or not Torres is one of those players! Then you don't need this magical striker who is going to score you 30+ goals a season and do something out of nothing! Lol!

Your just another Torres hater! And someone who clearly had unrealistic expectations of him when he arrived! And when he never met your expectations you suddenly think he is a league two standard player!

Its embarrassing when people have to start nitpicking at flaws in someone's game because he hasn't met there expectations!

This whole argument is irrelevant anyway because guess what whether you like it or not Torres will be our main striker next season! So get over it! ;)

@strike RDM when back to basics and it worked. The same type of football will not be on show next season, i can't see many teams who will be able to dominate possession against us so he will be irrelevant for the vast majority of games.

the tactic may not be retained but i am pretty sure that we will cave back into our half against the reasonably big teams (everton and above)

Lol!!! I don't think you quite get it do you?

So your saying Torres has no quality what so ever to change a game? If you think that it says a lot about you! If you have quality players all over the pitch and match winners all over the pitch and whether you want to believe it or not Torres is one of those players! Then you don't need this magical striker who is going to score you 30+ goals a season and do something out of nothing! Lol!

Your just another Torres hater! And someone who clearly had unrealistic expectations of him when he arrived! And when he never met your expectations you suddenly think he is a league two standard player!

Its embarrassing when people have to start nitpicking at flaws in someone's game because he hasn't met there expectations!

This whole argument is irrelevant anyway because guess what whether you like it or not Torres will be our main striker next season! So get over it! ;)

He might be our main striker next season but not even for an ounce of time at Chelsea FC has he proven that he deserves to be the main striker of a club that just won the CL.

Let's just put it this way - Torres doesn't have a match winning goal in the EPL, his form has been of a 3rd rate striker for over an year and a half - and he has always been underwhelming with the Spanish NT playing in front of the best midfield as far as national team football in the last decade. As you yourself said he is a 20 goals per season striker, and I will continue with the fact that he used to be able to create chances for himself with his explosive speed and acceleration - he would still fit in well for a team that plays counter attacking football. But Torres's speed is no longer at that level - on top of that Chelsea isn't a team where you'd expect us to play too many matches with a counter attacking intend. Torres is going to find it difficult next season as well - as teams line up against us and we need to methodically break them down. If you watched many of our games last season you would have noticed the amount of time Torres wasn't able to get ahead of his marker when there was a cross coming in he would stand 10 meters away dead in his tracks ball watching or expecting the perfect ball to land in his feet.

I am sorry to say, but you my friend are a heap of delusions....So you would rather put hope on the rest of your team to score, rather than the striker?...****please spare me that, do you know the "job description" of a striker?...So you are wishing and hoping midfilders and winger can scores, rather than a striker that can score and play good for the team as well?...Our team doesnt have to revolve around a striker, but when a striker constantly fucks up the effort the rest of the team puts in but missing the chances they suffered to create for him...I really dont know what to call that...Or do you think creating goal scoring opportunities are easy? and it seems like you dont want some kind of assurance that when the rest of the team works their butt off and create a chance someone (a striker) who his job is to bury chances, should be there to do what they paint shitload of money for to do, no excuses for not doing your job first........Why dont you use the fact that Bosingwa is excellent going forward and keep a blind eye to him screwing up on his job (defending)?

Torres doesn't deserve a CL medal.

Makes me feel sick knowing that we've given this Liverpool through-and-through player the most prestigious medal in club football, while the other 10 men on the pitch for us worked their arses off every game, while he just jogged around with his odd striker's tackle, fluffing chances, missing key passes etc.

Oh and please - No BS about how he scored against QPR, Swansea, Genk etc.

Maybe if he scored against a top side, things wouldn't be so bitter with me.

I am sorry to say, but you my friend are a heap of delusions....So you would rather put hope on the rest of your team to score, rather than the striker?...****please spare me that, do you know the "job description" of a striker?...So you are wishing and hoping midfilders and winger can scores, rather than a striker that can score and play good for the team as well?...Our team doesn't have to revolve around a striker, but when a striker constantly fucks up the effort the rest of the team puts in but missing the chances they suffered to create for him...I really don't know what to call that...Or do you think creating goal scoring opportunities are easy? and it seems like you don't want some kind of assurance that when the rest of the team works their butt off and create a chance someone (a striker) who his job is to bury chances, should be there to do what they paint shitload of money for to do, no excuses for not doing your job first........Why don't you use the fact that Bosingwa is excellent going forward and keep a blind eye to him screwing up on his job (defending)?

I am sorry to say this but! Your whole post is pointless and is completely irrelevant to what I said.

Where did say we should put hope in the team to score rather than the striker??? I said we have many game chargers in the team! And don't need to rely solely on Torres to be a game changer! We are not a one man team! Torres has already proved he can change games! So has other players in the team!

So no we should not rely on the midfielders to score and not the striker we should rely on the whole team to score and create goals! Not just one player in one position! We are not Arsenal!

Would rather give sturridge a chance and cut our losses with Torres, as mentioned he has turned into a terrible finisher...which is what matters...having striker with good movement isnt enough for us. Drogba is slow as shit, but look at the goals, when it matters he's there, right place, right time. he knows how to finish and uses his old legs well to make the runs when they mattered. Not to mention his work rate is 10x what Torres is. Embarrassing really.

Torres doesn't deserve a CL medal.

Makes me feel sick knowing that we've given this Liverpool through-and-through player the most prestigious medal in club football, while the other 10 men on the pitch for us worked their arses off every game, while he just jogged around with his odd striker's tackle, fluffing chances, missing key passes etc.

Oh and please - No BS about how he scored against QPR, Swansea, Genk etc.

Maybe if he scored against a top side, things wouldn't be so bitter with me.

Loooool!!!! This is one of the most stupid, funny and ridiculous posts I have ever read!!!

You clearly don't watch much games do you? First of all Torres is not Liverpool through and through! Do you think he is scouse or something? Lol.

Then you go on to say Torres doesn't deserve a CL medal because all he does is jogs around the pitch ect, while everyone else does all the work!!! Lol! You do realize Torres is one of our most hardest working players in the entire squad! Which makes your post all the more stupid! Your post has no logic to it but is clearly full of hate! Torres earned has medal and deserves it as much as any other player in the team! Fact!

"as much as any other player in the team! Fact!"

Ah yes, forget Terry, Cole, Lampard, Cech and Drogba.

TORRES IS THE REAL CHELSEA MAN! HE LOVES THE CLUB AND DESERVES THIS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TRIUMPH JUST AS MUCH!

FUCK OSGOOD, TORRES IS DA RAEL KING OV STAMFORD BRIDGE! XOXOX