Fernando Torres

IMO, he should have never been picked for the Euro's. Instead, sit on his ass with his wife, and watch it on Television where he can recovery and reflect. Would have been best for Spain and Chelsea.

Soldado and Adrian snubbed in the end Spain will end up playing with Cesc up top - DB is a making big mistakes, he should have been playing either of Soldado or Llorente up top.

From the post match interview DB hinted that Torres's role would be similar to this game; coming on late and running at the tired defenders but Adrian could have done the very same thing.

Soldado and Adrian snubbed in the end Spain will end up playing with Cesc up top - DB is a making big mistakes, he should have been playing either of Soldado or Llorente up top.

From the post match interview DB hinted that Torres's role would be similar to this game; coming on late and running at the tired defenders but Adrian could have done the very same thing.

Exactly. I am hoping to Christ next match he starts Llorente up top and in any sign of fatigue bring out Torres to finish the defense.

WOW!!! so much hate on here towards Torres!!! I think i will stick to the CFCnet forum, at least on there people appreciate Torres and can see he actually does contribute alot to the team and that he is still a quality player. People on here seem to think Torres should be banging in 30-40 goals a season or something! when Torres has never been a 30-40 goal a season striker even at his best he was just about a 20+ goal a season striker, the price tag has blinded so many people and has made peoples exceptions of Torres very unrealistic! even Torres in the best form of his career would have done really well to have scored 20+ goals in that Chelsea team last season.

Next season he will play with Mata, Hazard and maybe Hulk, Torres will shut alot of delusional people up next season, that is for sure.

Yes, what's wrong with you delusional people? Basing your judgements and opinions on facts and past events rather than what you wish to see? You're all insane! :rolleyes:

We have continually given him chance after chance while still supporting him despite him wasting all the chances. Albert Einstein defined insanity as repeating the experiment and expecting different results...just sayin

SORRY FOR BEING A TOTAL COCK IN ADVANCE:-

(And damaging my rep. further)

Of COURSE we were going to have our legends; Cole, Lampard, Drogba (And Mata and Luiz are already legends in many of our eyes) take the penalties ahead of him!

He isn't CHELSEA. He's simply a passenger who's along for the ride. (Thanks for winning that corner which lead to Drogba's goal though.)

Good post in general, but who thinks David Luiz is a legend? Mata has been generally great since joining us, but Luiz has been incredibly inconsistent and quite frankly, pretty mediocre. (I wouldn't call anybody who has been at Chelsea for fewer than a few years a legend anyway). His positioning has been absolutely atrocious for a lot of the time with us and he makes a ton of awful mental mistakes. I don't how many times I yelled at the TV "where is Luiz going" or "stop trying to pass the ball 70 yards every time" or something similar. He played better under RDM because he was more disciplined, so I have hope for him, but if the season were to start tomorrow, I'd go with Cahill and Terry as our top pairing. For me, the people who rate Luiz and rate Torres are fundamentally the same-it's loving someone because of their flair or their persona more than because of their production. (Although, to be fair to Luiz, he has been a lot better/more valuable than Torres.)

I'm not like you i don't judge players as bad signings based on Transfer fee's and goal stats! especially when the player earns the club millions in shirt sales alone! I judge players by actually watching them and seeing their actual contribution to the team. Torres has played a big part in Chelsea's success this season, whether you like it or not! no Torres hasn't scored 20+ goals for us, but he has contributed massively to the team, which is more than what can be said about virtually every other player you named.

No, he hasn't. This is exactly the kind of stuff that drives so many of us crazy. A striker's job is to score goals. That's why people pay big money for them. It's the most difficult and most important thing to do in all of football. I would say that scoring is about 90% of what a striker is supposed to do. So, it doesn't matter if a striker is fabulous at everything else (and Torres is not), if he's not scoring, he's not doing his job. It's this attempt to see value when there has been virtually none that drives so many of us crazy. If people said "Torres has been poor, but I think he'll turn it around" some may disagree, but it's a reasonable position but to claim that Torres has been anything but poor to atrocious is living in la la land. It's like Torres is their child and they can see only the good in him. I don't understand how anyone can claim that Torres made a fantastic contribution. I think I can count Torres' contributions to Chelsea on one hand.

I can't see how people think he will come good. This season he regularly missed chances, easy ones. Game after game he missed chances. His finishing is plain terrible. People act like he gets no service at all. When he isn't missing chances he is dribbling head first into defenders.

Juan Mata scored more goals than him from the wing. Geez, Torres isn't going to come good he is finished.

I'm just gonna laugh when Nando scores about 25 goals next season and all of you complaining about him will be stroking his cock.

Keep the faith, guys. He'll likely start Spain's next match and bang at least 1 in.

Of course we all want him to succeed and I'm sure many (myself included) will be eating our fair shares of humble pie if he in fact does turn things around and starts scoring goals next season. Not holding my breath though.

That's just so sad. It's like you guys are just looking for a reason to kick him out of the club, I don't even want to read the past 10 pages. Just can't see the logic behind all this: He has a mediocre season with Chelsea and you're like 'he'll be firing next season, we got Hazard blablabla', later he plays some shitty minutes with Spain and you start moaning about him.

I'm just so pissed off, that chip went too high, because if it was half metre lower everyone around here would have been deifying him.

Please just don't quote me saying I'm making excuses. FFS I watched the game, and I am saying it straight away, he did nothing except of blowing 2 opportunities. It's just like some of you are really hypocrite when it's about Torres.

WOW!!! so much hate on here towards Torres!!! I think i will stick to the CFCnet forum, at least on there people appreciate Torres and can see he actually does contribute alot to the team and that he is still a quality player. People on here seem to think Torres should be banging in 30-40 goals a season or something! when Torres has never been a 30-40 goal a season striker even at his best he was just about a 20+ goal a season striker, the price tag has blinded so many people and has made peoples exceptions of Torres very unrealistic! even Torres in the best form of his career would have done really well to have scored 20+ goals in that Chelsea team last season.

Next season he will play with Mata, Hazard and maybe Hulk, Torres will shut alot of delusional people up next season, that is for sure.

Fuck off, This is Chelsea FC, Not Torres FC

Seriously, why does it make us delusional or wrong that we believe Torres is not the man for the job at Chelsea?

Why, because there was so much hype about how he was one of the best in the world, this and that?

The difference between Torres being signed to Chelsea and someone like Hulk or Hazard being signed, is that they will actually provide RESULTS! At the start of his campaign at Chelsea, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, knowing he needed time to settle in. NOW, I give him nothing to be honest. Don't be so sure that he will bounce back next season and have a cracker of a season. Not to mention what a WANKER he was with his comments to the club come end of season.

He needs to go in my opinion.

Fuck off, This is Chelsea FC, Not Torres FC

how very mature of you, what because i have a picture of Torres as my avatar do you think i'm one of those Torres worshipers? because if you do your way off! i have criticized Torres alot this season but im not delusional like certain people who think because Torres hasn't scored 30+ goals that means he is rubbish! I actually watch Torres play, yes he has been poor at times like every other player in the squad but he has also been brilliant at times, and the good things he has done has outweighed the bad, but of course the Torres haters will never be able to accept that, because they are the people who dont have their own opinion, they listen to rubbish in the media who every week go way way over the top regarding Torres, and when certain people hear the media slating Torres they automatically agree with them and follow suit! its boring now! Yes Torres hasn't been amazing this season, but in the most part he has done well.

That's just so sad. It's like you guys are just looking for a reason to kick him out of the club, I don't even want to read the past 10 pages. Just can't see the logic behind all this: He has a mediocre season with Chelsea and you're like 'he'll be firing next season, we got Hazard blablabla', later he plays some shitty minutes with Spain and you start moaning about him.

I'm just so pissed off, that chip went too high, because if it was half metre lower everyone around here would have been deifying him.

Please just don't quote me saying I'm making excuses. FFS I watched the game, and I am saying it straight away, he did nothing except of blowing 2 opportunities. It's just like some of you are really hypocrite when it's about Torres.

Okay so now we're basing our opinions only on the match against Italy? What about being shit for the other 16 months he's been a Chelsea player? For a long time I was always defending him to others but that train has left the station ages ago and he's been nothing but abysmal with only small glimpses of hope time and again when he had a couple decent games against sides which should be in the Championship. The man cost 50 fucking million pounds and he's the best paid player in the club but to you it doesn't matter if he's still one of the worst performers most of the time? Why aren't anyone else at Chelsea cut some slack like that when they play like shit but instead they're blamed for everything and told to fuck off from the club all the time. But oh no, not poor Torres because he might just lose his confidence again and play another 25 hours without scoring a single fucking goal. You know, it really shouldn't be that hard if you're supposed to be one of the best strikers in the world and paid £200k a week to do your fucking job.

He needs to go but the only problem is no one is willing to take him because they all know he's not what he used to be. Maybe in a couple of years Atletico could take him just out of pity but they certainly can't afford to take him back this year so that doesn't leave us with a lot of options. We're stuck with him.

how very mature of you, what because i have a picture of Torres as my avatar do you think i'm one of those Torres worshipers? because if you do your way off! i have criticized Torres alot this season but im not delusional like certain people who think because Torres hasn't scored 30+ goals that means he is rubbish! I actually watch Torres play, yes he has been poor at times like every other player in the squad but he has also been brilliant at times, and the good things he has done has outweighed the bad, but of course the Torres haters will never be able to accept that, because they are the people who dont have their own opinion, they listen to rubbish in the media who every week go way way over the top regarding Torres, and when certain people hear the media slating Torres they automatically agree with them and follow suit! its boring now! Yes Torres hasn't been amazing this season, but in the most part he has done well.

Brilliant at times? Give me one game this season where you could truely walk away from it thinking 'Wow, Torres was worldclass in that game. I feel treated to have watched such a magnificant performance'