Fernando Torres

Alright, he scored a breakaway goal at the Camp Nou and won a corner in Munich. He got the odd assist here or there.

But he also did stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdCdGv94dM

That's what we paid 50 million for? Also take into account his wages and we've paid around 80 million for him.

It's not his fault that Chelsea paid £50m for him is it? If he had cost us £20m, would the media be so intent on judging his every move in order to justify his price tag? He handed in his transfer request when it was obvious that Liverpool wanted to sell. As I said before, he's the kind of player that needs to know that everybody is confident in him. Personally I think he's too fragile mentally, but as I said, that's just the way it is. You have to make the best of what you have.

Liverpool would never have sold Torres for 20 million. If Torres needs that much confidence maybe he's not the right guy to lead the line at Chelsea?

Liverpool would never have sold Torres for 20 million. If Torres needs that much confidence maybe he's not the right guy to lead the line at Chelsea?

Well of course they wouldn't. I was just being hypothetical.

Perhaps he isn't. He has previously been the best striker on the planet which drove the club (Roman) to pay £50m in the hope that he would eventually regain his form. Frankly, signing him was a huge risk in the first place which hasn't paid off.

The fact that, as Cap said, we've paid £50m + wages, automatically means that we won't be selling anytime soon as it is simply bad from a purely business perspective. Therefore, like it or not, Torres is here to stay. We won't be signing Falcao or Cavani, the board have said Fernando will be the first team striker and we, as fans, have to accept it/cant change it.

I'm not defending Torres by the way, simply thinking objectively about the situation.

if someone cant criticise torres in this gp then no one shouldnt criticise boswinga,mikel,malouda,kalou and sturridge.. and one more thing ,like someone pointed out y dersnt any drogba poster after all these years at SB??? if der isnt one appearing in next season am going to say we are the BIGGEST disgrace :ph34r:

We can afford to risk making Torres main forward this season because in the Roman era we have never really had an fully in form forward bar a couple of season's from Drogba (when i mean in form i mean to the extent Henry was season after season for Arsenal or RVN for United).

Our major strength in the Roman era has been goals all over the pitch, even our defenders chip in with more than the average.

Hopefully next season Hazard will offer 10-15 goals, same with Danny and Mata, likewise Hulk if he joins, hopefully Marin can give us 7-10, Lampard 10, Ramires 10, Luiz, Terry, Cahill and Ivan 3-5 each, if Malouda stays hopefully he can get about 5.

If they all chip in with something similar to that amount that is 70-95 goals before Torres is even brought into the equation, so making Torres main forward won't be as risky as say if Arsenal or to a lesser extent United done it because the trick at Chelsea is everyone is a striker (so to speak), so if Torres expects special service to be directed straight to him all the time he will be in for a shock.

We can't and i'll explain why Tomo. Didier played with his back to goal and he brought players like Lampard and Robben into the game through holding the ball up. The whole team was concentrated on playing to Didier's strengths and it worked for us. Chelsea will be playing a total different brand of football next season, we have reduced the size of our team and we have gone with small nippy players. Our movements on the pitch will be totally different and Torres will have to get used to playing in a team that will most probably dominate possession in the ratio of 60/40. This is the key now, Torres is a counter attacking forward he has always played this way and he will struggle to find wide gaping open spaces to run into in our new style because players like Hazard and Mata do not appreciated fast football they want to build up attacks with precision.

We can't and i'll explain why Tomo. Didier played with his back to goal and he brought players like Lampard and Robben into the game through holding the ball up. The whole team was concentrated on playing to Didier's strengths and it worked for us. Chelsea will be playing a total different brand of football next season, we have reduced the size of our team and we have gone with small nippy players. Our movements on the pitch will be totally different and Torres will have to get used to playing in a team that will most probably dominate possession in the ratio of 60/40. This is the key now, Torres is a counter attacking forward he has always played this way and he will struggle to find wide gaping open spaces to run into in our new style because players like Hazard and Mata do not appreciated fast football they want to build up attacks with precision.

agree with your hypothesis. but keep in mind that robbie played deep and tried to launch quick counters at the end of the season. it didn't work out with kalouda on the wings but i think the tactic will be tried out again with hazard and hulk atleast against a big team when we have to soak up pressure. that way, torres' runs will be useful but he has to improve his finishing. he should go for the kill rather than try looping buffon or going around buffon. he expected torres to take it round the out side on that one occasion

@strike RDM when back to basics and it worked. The same type of football will not be on show next season, i can't see many teams who will be able to dominate possession against us so he will be irrelevant for the vast majority of games.

I'm just gonna laugh when Nando scores about 25 goals next season and all of you complaining about him will be stroking his cock.

Keep the faith, guys. He'll likely start Spain's next match and bang at least 1 in.

Do you guys not get bored with flaming Torres at every opportunity? Next season is where to truly judge him, when he is the number 1 striker in DD's absence with many genuine creative players round him. He still has 3 or 4 seasons in him to repay some of the faith and the price tag.

Ollie you are preaching to the choir!

I been hearing that nonsense since he came.

Oh Justin you are being too hard on him. He just came, had a half season, and didn't even had a pre-season for fuck sakes!

Oh Justin you just need to wait till December, is too early to tell.

Oh.....nothing more to say then wait till next season?

<_<

We all know he's not scored many for us, but unlike most i don't need to come here and remind everyone what they already know. Next season he will be with better players and the weight of Drogba will be gone. If he doesn't get his goal scoring form back next season, there are no excuses.