Fernando Torres

He changed the game when he came on but was nice for him to congratulate Ryan, that was a nice touch. We looked so much better when Torres came on tho. I think he was saying to Robbie "No, i don't want a penalty, please let me sit down".

He's now won the UCL, World Cup, European Championships and FA Cup. He needs that Prem trophy now to really stick it to the scousers.

He gave his contribution this season. It wasn't as high as we wanted it to be but he gave it.

He had a couple of goals, lots of assists, some great runs and dribbles and his work rate has been phenomenal. Lots of times he tracked back and pressured the opposition and won the ball also.

What does the future hold for him...it's down to the club and the new manager, but people saying that he didn't deserve to win those trophies are just jealous. He played his part and I'm very happy to see him lift 2 club trophies since he had none. Now, he has the Euro and the World Cup and he has the CL an FA cup. Only PL left :P

This is a very good thing for us. It will show other players that he made the right decision by coming here and doing that every footballer wants to do - win.

BDt8lj.jpg

Torres with some surprising comments. All taken from Guillem Ballague's twitter:

"It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life. This season I have felt things that I never had before. I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect...not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable. I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me.

Now I do feel like football is worth it but I’ve been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. Don't want that again. There’s been many times when I’ve felt lost, I wasn’t sure what to do. I felt like I didn’t know where I belonged. I’m eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me. And especially to the fans, if it hadn’t been for them this season I would have given up. I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it."

Wow.

If we do end up sending him out, it can't be to another prem side.

He'd certainly be happy back at Atletico. A win/win for bothe clubs. They get a club hero back, and we get Falcao as our new featured front man.

Apparently those are from after the final. Got to see the whole piece but his timing is horrible and if the rest of the text does not change the mood of the interview this is an enraging spit into the face of the club that has supported even when he did not deserve it..