Fernando Torres

He needs to leave, so does Drogba. Start afresh next season.

Sorry Torres, you're a nice guy and all but patience runs out eventually.

He needs to leave, so does Drogba. Start afresh next season.

Sorry Torres, you're a nice guy and all but patience runs out eventually.

I honestly think Torres along with Kaka have to be the worst signings in football history when it comes to value for money. This has been an absolute shocking signing, Madrid only got away with it because they signed Ozil which was a very clever move.

I stopped blaming that when I realised he was shit, ie. last March. Torres really pulled the wool over my eyes. I'd never been so excited over a signing before, and all he's done is let the fans down with shocking display after shocking display, with game-costing misses sandwiched in-between. What a fucking flop. I don't feel angry or disappointed, I feel sad.

This guy could go the rest of the season without a goal.

I'm afraid that's exactly what will happen. Sad state of affairs. And we will have to live with that stain of shame for a long time, the "flop club".

Excellent article

I was never excited when he signed. How could anyone have been excited for paying 50million for a player who'd been in just average to decent form for one and a half seasons. I hoped the links were just rumours. I'm not trying to say 'I told you so' because I also thought we should not have signed Luiz and now I'm one of his biggest fans. But just I still didn't understand why everyone was so happy then and I don't now.

Fernando should be setting himself up more like Drogba, starting his runs on a defenders shoulder and creating more room for his midfield and wingers to play balls over the top. This is likely a large part of the reason Danny Sturridge does so well when paired with Drogba and virtually nothing when paired with Torres.

My theory about Drogba's impact on Danny's performances is right :D

I was never excited when he signed. How could anyone have been excited for paying 50million for a player who'd been in just average to decent form for one and a half seasons. I hoped the links were just rumours. I'm not trying to say 'I told you so' because I also thought we should not have signed Luiz and now I'm one of his biggest fans. But just I still didn't understand why everyone was so happy then and I don't now.

18 months previous??? in 2009/2010 he scored 22 in 32 games, considering the mess Liverpool were in that was a very decent return. He was poor for the first half of the season when he signed for us, but it was widely regarded a move was what was needed, how wrong we were,

Am i the only one worried that we won't be able to flog him? 180k a week who's going to pay that? the best we can hope for is a loan (even if that means paying half his wages) pray to god he has a screamer then some club might take a punt on him for around £20m.

@Tomo The good thing about Torres is I don't think he's the type of person to sit on the bench for a whole season in a Euro year. I think we have a good chance in selling him, he knows he'll have to take a mighty wage cut ! He has got to play games next season because his position with Spain is under jeopardy. He will not be a starter next season and he knows that so he has very little option but to go somewhere else.

18 months previous??? in 2009/2010 he scored 22 in 32 games, considering the mess Liverpool were in that was a very decent return. He was poor for the first half of the season when he signed for us, but it was widely regarded a move was what was needed, how wrong we were,

Am i the only one worried that we won't be able to flog him? 180k a week who's going to pay that? the best we can hope for is a loan (even if that means paying half his wages) pray to god he has a screamer then some club might take a punt on him for around £20m.

Torres should leave even for free, its embarrasing for him.

Torres should leave even for free, its embarrasing for him.

Well that A. Madrid fan in la liga thread said we should swap Torres for Falcao..

Giving that those fools of Madrid also payed a big price for Falcao and he has not been that great, I think that would be an interchange both club can easily agree on.