Fernando Torres

My point was also alluding to the fact we might not see the "revamp" that everyone seems to expect. I see one, maybe 2 players leaving and a similar number coming in.

Drogba, Malouda, Kalou, Benayoun and Ferreira are almost all certain to leave

All out now in terms of excuses for Torres.

I was one of his biggest defenders in the first 6 months, i was convinced that the summer would see a return to form for Nando but excuses (especially the one about lack of service) can only go so far.

Our service was poor last season yet Kalou (who is regarded by a lot of user's on here as the worst player in the whole squad) chipped in with 11, world class forwards will still find away to goal no matter what service is behind him, he is 27 he should be hitting his prime but he is so far from that it's depressing.

He is very unlikely to get back to his best, best chance we have of re-coupling a decent fee, loan him out to spain for the season and if he shine's that hope Anzhi or PSG come in with a crazy ass offer.

Patience can only go so far, if he wasn't signed for £50m he would have been in the reserves.

If we sign some good players in the summer he might turn out half decent...

If we sign some good players in the summer he might turn out half decent...

Who ??? Torres :lol:.................... The guy is not Drogba mate, in his head he has nothing to prove. Drogba got fire in his stomach when Sheva arrived but i just can't see that with Torres he's just not that type of guy.

Unfortunately we might be witnessing a Shevchenko situation all over again. He should leave in the summer if he stays like this, it's a no-brainer.

Please, this is far worse than the shevchenko situation. Sheva's goals to game ratio wasnt actually that bad. And he always put in 100% effort in every single game and didn't moan at all, unlike this guy. Yes he didn't manage to settle and show what he can really do, but overall he still left with a positive impression on the fans because of his attitude. Its actually an insult to compare Shevchenko to this guy.

Please, this is far worse than the shevchenko situation. Sheva's goals to game ratio wasnt actually that bad. And he always put in 100% effort in every single game and didn't moan at all, unlike this guy. Yes he didn't manage to settle and show what he can really do, but overall he still left with a positive impression on the fans because of his attitude. Its actually an insult to compare Shevchenko to this guy.

I'm with you 100% on everything you said. What I meant is the situation of a high-priced striker who fails the expectations and ends up being sold with a poor scoring record (for a striker).

I'm with you 100% on everything you said. What I meant is the situation of a high-priced striker who fails the expectations and ends up being sold with a poor scoring record (for a striker).

Yeah I didn't mean to snap at you like that! Haha! Let's just say I'm a little on edge whenever the topic of Torres comes up :D

To be fair, he's only worse because we have no-one else to lead the line. When Sheva came we had an in-form Drogba, I think Crespo was still around as well. Or if not we have a few options that could compensate for Sheva's poor form. Now we need El Nino to be firing because Drogba's just as poor sometimes and Lukaku isn't ready.

Sheva did have his moments of moaning though, let's not get it slightly twisted. He was just as bad as Torres sometimes with attitude. We just tolerated it because of our other options.

To be fair, he's only worse because we have no-one else to lead the line. When Sheva came we had an in-form Drogba, I think Crespo was still around as well. Or if not we have a few options that could compensate for Sheva's poor form. Now we need El Nino to be firing because Drogba's just as poor sometimes and Lukaku isn't ready.

Sheva did have his moments of moaning though, let's not get it slightly twisted. He was just as bad as Torres sometimes with attitude. We just tolerated it because of our other options.

I think she meant it in the sense that Sheva had a goal in every 5 matches while Torres has one in 11.