UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So, despite all of the problems, and the poor start to the group stage, here we are in the last sixteen. The first order of business is to decide which of the January signings makes the CL squad for the knockout round(s). We can add up to three of the new boys. Two of them will fill empty slots from the group stage squad, but including a third newcomer means dropping one player from the original squad. Who would you like to add to the squad and, if you are adding three, who are you leaving out to accommodate the third newbie?

My selection -

IN:

• Mudryck
  • Enzo
  • Badiashile

OUT:

• Bettinelli (Lucas Bergstrom can be added to List B as third choice keeper.)

Omitting Joao Felix is controversial I know, and may even be contrary to what he was promised when joining, but I reckon we are more likely to suffer from Badiashile's absence than from Felix's. There are more, and better, alternatives to Felix than there are to Badiashile.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

So, despite all of the problems, and the poor start to the group stage, here we are in the last sixteen. The first order of business is to decide which of the January signings makes the CL squad for the knockout round(s). We can add up to three of the new boys. Two of them will fill empty slots from the group stage squad, but including a third newcomer means dropping one player from the original squad. Who would you like to add to the squad and, if you are adding three, who are you leaving out to accommodate the third newbie?

My selection -

IN:

• Mudryck
  • Enzo
  • Badiashile

OUT:

• Bettinelli (Lucas Bergstrom can be added to List B as third choice keeper.)

Omitting Joao Felix is controversial I know, and may even be contrary to what he was promised when joining, but I reckon we are more likely to suffer from Badiashile's absence than from Felix's. There are more, and better, alternatives to Felix than there are to Badiashile.

I think it was predictable. Mundryk ad Enzo are huge money marquee signings. It was not even questionable they will be included.

Felix is a luxury player, we payed huge fee for him and his massive wages aswell, and don't use him in CL? No way.. Maybe this few months will be his only spell at Chelsea. Use him in PL only for 17 games? Quite a waste.

Ooof. Auba has been a big time disappointment but I think it’s extremely harsh to drop him out of the CL squad.

Why not remove Pulisic who is both injured for a while longer and most importantly we have his position very well covered now? With both Mudryk and Sterling fit Pulisic was highly unlikely to play any role in the CL. Auba was our only actual striker and could’ve been useful. Especially since he’s already helped us early in the competition.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ooof. Auba has been a big time disappointment but I think it’s extremely harsh to drop him out of the CL squad.

Why not remove Pulisic who is both injured for a while longer and most importantly we have his position very well covered now? With both Mudryk and Sterling fit Pulisic was highly unlikely to play any role in the CL. Auba was our only actual striker and could’ve been useful. Especially since he’s already helped us early in the competition.

Auba can become toxic when he is not playing. It might be a wise decision based on his past to not have him traveling with the team. 

25 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think it was predictable. Mundryk ad Enzo are huge money marquee signings. It was not even questionable they will be included.

Felix is a luxury player, we payed huge fee for him and his massive wages aswell, and don't use him in CL? No way.. Maybe this few months will be his only spell at Chelsea. Use him in PL only for 17 games? Quite a waste.

Yes, including Felix was predictable. Just not what I would have done. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Auba can become toxic when he is not playing. It might be a wise decision based on his past to not have him traveling with the team. 

I just think Auba as much as any player in our team this season has suffered from our horrible lack of creativity and service. In many of his appearances he gets on the pitch and barely touches the ball. 

But we’ve now signed 3 brilliantly creative players in Enzo, Mudryk, and Félix who could’ve worked well with Auba if he came on as a sub if we’re chasing a goal.

37 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

The fact that Potter dropped Badiashile when him and Silva are the best thing about us in the past 3 games shows you what he knows.

What's the point of a CL push without a working defence. 

Potter out.

• 1 month later...