UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

On 04/02/2023 at 00:09, Blue Armour said:

The fact that Potter dropped Badiashile when him and Silva are the best thing about us in the past 3 games shows you what he knows.

What's the point of a CL push without a working defence. 

I mean Koulibaly and Cucurella managed to step up?

The draw was not bad.
Ok Inter or Milan would have been the theoretically easy takes, but we 'd have to face one of the big boys eventually.
The positive is City and Bayern were drawn against one another so we have three "giant opponents" now but we will be left with one if go through.
Next Napoli and Benfica I expect will both be in the semis and they are of course decent sides both.

RM have Vinicious but they are not unbeatable.
In 2021 we disposed of them with relative ease, last year despite having much improved they were superlucky (Mendy's gift - Rodrigo through the eye of the needle in the replay).

Edited by cosmicway

9 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

RM is a little banged up right now. Would rather face them now then when they get healthy.

if the second leg was in bernabeu would much more hard for us 

and I would hope play against bayern than against city in the sem final, if Chelsea won versus real

I think they are not good as last year and they lack of deep but we can not make mystake like the last year (mendy goal)

If we're going to go all the way, we'll have to do it the hard way. This RM side are more than beatable, as we've shown in previous years.

The less said about the other side of the draw, the better. Napoli won't have a better chance of reaching a European final.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I mean Koulibaly and Cucurella managed to step up?

Also, please look at the date of my post 

😅

Fofana was out injured then and there was no telling how he would be upon return. And KK and Cucurella were in terrible form at that time.

Edited by Blue Armour

ffs

HORRID DRAW

the only good thing is that of we make it to final we will not face one of the top 3 teams on the planet

downside

those 3 teams are in our 4 team side of the bracket!!!!

FUCK!!!!

only ways it could have been worse is if you had flipped Bayern and Napoli so we would have to beat all three in a row more than likely (or the same thing with different order Real flips with Napoli and then we face Bayern next) or flip Citeh and Napoli and we still face Real next or face Bayern next, the other in the semi and Citeh in the final)

Champions League bracket 2023

Here we will see what Graham Potter really can  do and if he will ever be able to compete with names like Carlo Ancelotti.

I'm just curious who will go up against Militao and Rudiger - Havertz maybe .

Edited by milka