UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

I’m not Michael Cox but I believe nobody in their right mind can say that absence of a CF can explain conceding 4 goals in 50 minutes at home field from a team who are 15 points behind you. 

He says because of Benzema's absence Ancelotti mixed up the positions of the players so horribly no one knows where he is on the pitch.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

I’m not Michael Cox but I believe nobody in their right mind can say that absence of a CF can explain conceding 4 goals in 50 minutes at home field from a team who are 15 points behind you. 

Actually, I don’t see them being outstanding. Real who are horrible. I feel Ancelotti is out of time, like Jose.

They aren't the Real of old but they are still a good team we cannot underestimate. They just dumped out PSG, who I know have been below their standards this season but were the pre-tournament favourites. No guarantees we will beat them and they have won the league quite comfortably this season.

11 minutes ago, Stats said:

They aren't the Real of old but they are still a good team we cannot underestimate. They just dumped out PSG, who I know have been below their standards this season but were the pre-tournament favourites. No guarantees we will beat them and they have won the league quite comfortably this season.

No guarantees, of course, they are still a very strong side. But it’s surprising they can meltdown like this. 

14 minutes ago, Stats said:

That was solely based on names rather any real belief. Also, no one should forget a full strength Madrid side lost at home to the lowest ranked team in the group stages.

If we turn up, we should be in a very good position over both legs.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

Isn't it because that was PSG's own fault more than Real's brilliance? Real were outplayed in 3/4 halves of that PSG tie and PSG weirdly imploded in the last half - didn't look to manage the game, didn't take off their aged forwards who were no longer pressing.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the second time was great but nothing compare with the first one 

2nd time was too straightforward lol..2012 each game seemed to have drama! Then final being against them at home...and all the stuff that happened during. Mad

oh please let this be true

this might also be part of the reason Mbappe chose to stay at PSG

A recent court ruling has reversed an initial decision which prevented UEFA from punishing the continuing members of the European Superleague, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus.

Although there’s been no advance on the issue as of yet, the possibility remains that UEFA could expel the three from the Champions League.

UEFA could ban Barça, Madrid and Juventus from the Champions League

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/champions/uefa-podra-sancionar-barca-madrid-13691043