UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

53 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

It's just their forward line that we need to be careful about. Benzema and Vinicius can turn it around in minutes, so the defense will have to be in top form and not make any silly mistakes (looking at Chalobah)

That, and our false 9s who are likely to play., NEED to be clinical.

Other than that, yes. I don't see us having too much trouble controlling the flow of the game itself.

Vinicius isn't all that, he is one of those players that looks better than he is because he is playing in the best team in his league which has a big descripency in it. Personally, I'd take an inform/fit Puli over him and in a game like this one, Ziyech (as he'll get space.) 

Only players I would take from Madrid are Alaba and Benzema. 

That said, I really hope they sort out the situation with tickets. Chelsea V Real is my major dream tie and we all got f*cked last season after not playing them since '98 and now we have this Roman situation. I feel cursed, especially as I also have enough points this season to do the away also. 

Edited by King Kante

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Hard with Alonso in this side to win, hope we make the semifinals at least, Real are overrated as fuck.

Need to keep Alonso fresh for games. He had a really good game in the League Cup final before he got COVID

13 hours ago, King Kante said:

Vinicius isn't all that, he is one of those players that looks better than he is because he is playing in the best team in his league which has a big descripency in it. Personally, I'd take an inform/fit Puli over him and in a game like this one, Ziyech (as he'll get space.) 

Only players I would take from Madrid are Alaba and Benzema. 

That said, I really hope they sort out the situation with tickets. Chelsea V Real is my major dream tie and we all got f*cked last season after not playing them since '98 and now we have this Roman situation. I feel cursed, especially as I also have enough points this season to do the away also. 

Last year completely agree

BUT

not this year

Vinicius has turned into a top 5 or so winger on the planet

he is an incredible weapon now

his game has greatly matured

here are the best wingers on the planet IMHO

Mbappe is by far the best (and I still count him as a winger) and also the best overall player on the planet. although you could make a case for Lewa

Benz an easy 3rd, Håland 4th, De Bruyne 5th, Salah 6th (you could flip the last two)

after those 6 there is a drop off

so anyway my best wingers, in order (I am sure you and others will disagree):

e89608e0cbb43c9989bff042ee4df020.png1d767d5d8f883a812d44e79f9e154208.png

clear drop off

so then

d3c7bb9b5936457073d555b7ee48517b.png6ba362237828b817f3730c98c498320c.png (could be 3rd)1c1f7e09aeca7f443de3fd8bc3924996.pngwhen healthyf89dd5439a4870eb4e162bc755fdd87f.pnginjuries injuries, as usual, and he is now 30b76f176452eaf05f41a865c7953d9616.png6c75e0a9f92cee4de4cfd87544b03def.png5c61a54c4930ef43f342682b3251bd30.png his best position is winger IMHOc55d92cb279e116d35ef12a710fc7181.pngff2a9fd8166564b5492d435718753a5b.png monster season, looks to back to peak (14 goals, 15 assists in only 2500 minutes)

Messi has been so poor this year, CR7, whilst scoring some key goals, is finally showing his age

Sancho and Grealish have been meh meh

Rashford has plummeted

Ansu Fati would have been in there, but injuries have crushed him so far, maybe for good

Finally, not sure where to place (as he plays all over)

95a19366cd35fe9cd3ee81178a553e55.png

but he is crazy prolific, 41 goals accounted for in only 3086 minutes

2d42119d7ce90498a81bd1da6a38a554.png
https://gyazo.com/2d42119d7ce90498a81bd1da6a38a554

15 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Wouldn't say completely ran out......

Did manage to avoid Bayern and the other English clubs..

I would say it is about as bad as it could possibly be, save for one thing

only thing worse would have been if you flip Bayern and Real

them we (likely) would have had to beat

Bayern, then City, then Pool to win

but Real, Citeh and either Bayern or Pool is still a nightmare draw

here are my top 16 teams

the 5 best teams on the planet, in order, atm, for me

Citeh

Pool (and you can easily flip them with Citeh)

Bayern (clear 3rd, some might argue higher, but they are poor at times on defence this season, Alaba was a huge loss)

Chels (IF healthy, which we will not be)

Real (their weaknesses are simple, the non Alaba CB, all their fullbacks (Mendy is pretty decent, but not superstar level), and their non Vini winger, after those they fucking loaded at all other positions, ALTHOUGH, zero depth if their superstar, Benz. goes down, if he is inured they are FUCKED, that is why I call him the most valuable single player by far on the planet for a team)

then a drop off for the rest of the top 16

for the rest of the top 16

so

PSG (chokers)

Inter

AC Milan

another drop off

Atletico Madrid

Dortmund (will crumble when Håland and Bellingham leave)

Barca (if they snag Håland, Tchouameni, AC, etc etc, watch out next year, eeek)

Napoli

Juve

Atalanta  (injuries have killed them, but they are still dangerous as hell)

Arse

Sevilla (probably not anymore, after that West Ham loss)

Edited by Vesper

Benfica are currently third in their domestic league and haven't won a European title since 1962. Their former manager Bela Guttman apparently put a curse on the club in the 1960s, insisting they wouldn't win another European title for 100 years. Since then, they've lost eight European finals.

20 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Madrid minus Benzema torn apart in the el classico.

Lack of Benzema is no explanation to this..

Their midfield and def are completely clueless. All of Barcas attack are 100% chances. Alaba and Militao completely lost the line. Both of them are shity headers, we can take advantage on this.

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The Spanish commentator says it is. Anyway they seem to have settled for four.

I’m not Michael Cox but I believe nobody in their right mind can say that absence of a CF can explain conceding 4 goals in 50 minutes at home field from a team who are 15 points behind you. 

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Thanks god Barca are competing in the UEL and not UCL.

Actually, I don’t see them being outstanding. Real who are horrible. I feel Ancelotti is out of time, like Jose.