UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

To win the Europa Cup a year after winning the the Champions League is like winning the Coca Cola Cup after winning the Premier League. IF we won the Europa Cup in 2003 i would have been chuffed! But now, It's fucking depressing..

Look at some of the teams that are in it: Inter, Ajax, Napoli, Athletico..etc We will be lucky to win it and will have to give it our all in order to do so. If you are saying that we should not try to win it because it is not a tough competition, should drop out of the FA cup as well? Because EL is at least 10 times tougher to win.

i want us to try and win it i mean why the hell not?? we are in it why go out there to lose?? makes no sense we got ourself's into this we should now try and win ourself's out of it

Because trying to win it means that you have to play key players in it which means that they will have to sit out some Premier League games to rest. To me, the Europa League is as if there were a second Olympic Games where people who failed to qualify from the first games and people who failed to make the cut in early competition faced off. The games will still be fun and winning is better than not, but it's a ridiculous tournament. even if you win, it means you are the best team in Europe except for the best teams.,,The Premier League is the highest priority. We absolutely need to finish top-4 and that's still a very attainable goal. The ramifications f we fail to make the CL are massive.

Not feeling too bad about this comp now, looking at the quality teams are in it. In the early rounds we can maybe rest some key players depending on the fixtures we have, but if we get to the last 8 or face tough opposition i would like us to try and win it now we are in it... Top 4 is of course top priority but it doesn't mean we cant have a good run in the Europa League.

Look at some of the teams that are in it: Inter, Ajax, Napoli, Athletico..etc We will be lucky to win it and will have to give it our all in order to do so. If you are saying that we should not try to win it because it is not a tough competition, should drop out of the FA cup as well? Because EL is at least 10 times tougher to win.

Would prefer the FA Cup over this TBH..

Unsure how to feel about this competition.

Its another trophy to win i guess , but i would not sacrifice a top 4 spot for it.

I do think some of our fans worry to much about what rival fans think. Both Manchester clubs had this happen to them last year. Look how well they are doing now , this sort of thing will make our players more determined to make it out of the group next year (if we are in it)

Getting into the CL has become such a must nowadays and I am sick of worrying about it , I just want to enjoy the football.

Look on the bright side at least you don't need a sky subscription to watch Chelsea in Europe now :ph34r:

Because trying to win it means that you have to play key players in it which means that they will have to sit out some Premier League games to rest. To me, the Europa League is as if there were a second Olympic Games where people who failed to qualify from the first games and people who failed to make the cut in early competition faced off. The games will still be fun and winning is better than not, but it's a ridiculous tournament. even if you win, it means you are the best team in Europe except for the best teams.,,The Premier League is the highest priority. We absolutely need to finish top-4 and that's still a very attainable goal. The ramifications f we fail to make the CL are massive.

I agree with this.

It'd be nice to win it but the focus has to be on finishing Top Four in the prem. Look at what happened when Robbie played some of our most important players against United in the League Cup - we looked lethargic away to Swansea.

We have to treat this like it's the League Cup in many ways.

------Turnbull------

Paulo--Ivan--Gary---Bert

---Ramires---Romeu----

Moses--Piazon---Marin

--------Sturridge------

That would not be a bad team to use in these games, we might also add a couple players in January that will add more depth to the squad.

No we won the cup winners cup twice. Completely different competition.

I thought EL was the merge of Winners Cup and UEFA Cup (I could be wrong). It has characteristics of both competitions...

Unbeleivably spoilt some people. The 'low ' of Europa isnt that big a deal. Winning the 2nd Div at Grimsby was sublime, and if someone had said we'd be Champions of Europe 20 years later I'd have thought they'd necked acid or were just a cunt.

Some of the more newer Chelsea fans, whether that be though age or the success over the last 15 years, are starting to assume that we have a divine right to be winning trophies year in and year out. Truth is, its obviously getting harder with each passing year. Just need to look at the wedge Citeh have spent, where has it taken them in Europe recently? Both in the Champions League and the Europa League. Our record in the Champs league over the last 10 years has been outstanding really. Very unlucky in Moscow, unlucky at Anfield seven years ago.

With the amount of Multimedia and news archives available nowadays, the "newer" fans, as welcome as they are. Should dig back and discover our routes. Was only 25 years ago that the talk was the merging of three clubs (Fulham Park Rangers) with which would have seen the demise of our club. All due to money and miss-management. The last few years have been blinding, no doubt, but I equally enjoyed the 70's, 80's and 90's, for vastly different reasons. We are a unique club with a unique heritage. The newer fans would do well to explore that. It goes well beyond the Chelsea museum.

Not wanting to sound patronising in any way, but there really is much more to our club.

Some of the more newer Chelsea fans, whether that be though age or the success over the last 15 years, are starting to assume that we have a divine right to be winning trophies year in and year out. Truth is, its obviously getting harder with each passing year. Just need to look at the wedge Citeh have spent, where has it taken them in Europe recently? Both in the Champions League and the Europa League. Our record in the Champs league over the last 10 years has been outstanding really. Very unlucky in Moscow, unlucky at Anfield seven years ago.

With the amount of Multimedia and news archives available nowadays, the "newer" fans, as welcome as they are. Should dig back and discover our routes. Was only 25 years ago that the talk was the merging of three clubs (Fulham Park Rangers) with which would have seen the demise of our club. All due to money and miss-management. The last few years have been blinding, no doubt, but I equally enjoyed the 70's, 80's and 90's, for vastly different reasons. We are a unique club with a unique heritage. The newer fans would do well to explore that. It goes well beyond the Chelsea museum.

Not wanting to sound patronising in any way, but there really is much more to our club.

KEEP posting Changingman ...ignore our new troll ..I think it is Justin

Oh I think he's well aware that I couldnt give a flying fuck about him mate :wank2:

Not entirely sure what I've done to upset you two guys. I apologised for my misunderstanding with 'changingman' and the only disagreements I've had with zolaeyes have been about Benitez.

If my posting that sketch upset you, I apologise. It was a light-hearted joke.

Not entirely sure what I've done to upset you two guys. I apologised for my misunderstanding with 'changingman' and the only disagreements I've had with zolaeyes have been about Benitez.

If my posting that sketch upset you, I apologise. It was a light-hearted joke.

I didnt bother viewing your joke ...just assumed it was a smart ass reply to a serious post