UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Some good sides there; Napoli, Ajax and Inter being the stand out ones for me. Hopefully we can avoid them three.

Why? We get West Brom in the FA Cup 4th round and then face Napoli/Inter in EL. Lose both and Benitez gets the sack. :Goober:

What time is the draw on the 20th?

Not entirely sure but think it's either 11.30am or 12pm UK time on the 20th.

The sooner we get knocked out the better. Stupid competition for the likes of spurs, everton, man city and liverpool. Not us.. Hopefully we re-call our loaned out players and throw them in there.

I'm not a massive fan of this competition but I don't know quite why people are clamouring for us to recall players who are getting invaluable experience of league football just to play in what could be a couple of matches. Sure, let's show our contempt for a trophy by messing up the development of youngsters....that'll show them :rant:

Let's try not to do what we did against Man United in the League Cup, but go for a respectable showing with the likes of Piazon, Marin, Romeu, Bertrand and maybe even some of the Akes and Feruz's of our squad.

The way UEFA has treated us, we should show them a big "FUCK YOU"! Field inexperienced players, Jack the prices of tickets up to keep people away etc. This competition is a farce! You know it and so do i. Both United and City made sure they played minimal amount of games last season. Besides, the games aren't even televised here anyway, so i couldn't care less.

Although, With Torres finally scoring today, we can almost guarantee he won't be sold come January. So i guess we should probably get use to playing in this comp anyway.

I personally dont like this competition. It does not bring money, publicity, technical challenge and it does bring fatigue, unpreparedness, distraction, prank, shame (if you dont win it). For me it is more of a punishment then a consolation prize.

Have said that, it is not like I dont want us to win it. It would be awesome to travel to Amsterdan Arena, I just think it should be placed as our least important objective and we must not risk losing any point by focusing in Europa League.

Does it always need to be about money???? fuck the money. I want us to win this trophy. All this Thursday - Sunday malarky winds me up as well. Wednesday to Saturday is fine, but Sunday to Thursday isnt?

Why does it bring shame?? You want to wake up and smell the coffee that your people are reknowned for.

This thread is awfully depressing..

Nonetheless, we should not under estimate EL and try to win it. This and the CWC are the only ones we haven't one yet.

To win the Europa Cup a year after winning the the Champions League is like winning the Coca Cola Cup after winning the Premier League. IF we won the Europa Cup in 2003 i would have been chuffed! But now, It's fucking depressing..