UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Some of the more newer Chelsea fans, whether that be though age or the success over the last 15 years, are starting to assume that we have a divine right to be winning trophies year in and year out. Truth is, its obviously getting harder with each passing year. Just need to look at the wedge Citeh have spent, where has it taken them in Europe recently? Both in the Champions League and the Europa League. Our record in the Champs league over the last 10 years has been outstanding really. Very unlucky in Moscow, unlucky at Anfield seven years ago.

With the amount of Multimedia and news archives available nowadays, the "newer" fans, as welcome as they are. Should dig back and discover our routes. Was only 25 years ago that the talk was the merging of three clubs (Fulham Park Rangers) with which would have seen the demise of our club. All due to money and miss-management. The last few years have been blinding, no doubt, but I equally enjoyed the 70's, 80's and 90's, for vastly different reasons. We are a unique club with a unique heritage. The newer fans would do well to explore that. It goes well beyond the Chelsea museum.

Not wanting to sound patronising in any way, but there really is much more to our club.

I dont see where you are trying to get...

Just because you expirienced it, does not mean you have the right to think our young fans know nothing about our history. You realise that with today's technology anyone can gather enough quality (not talking about wikipedia) information to be familiar with our history. I have met 20 years old fanatic abroad fans that know a lot more about Chelsea than 40-50 years old English fans. Worst than that, what does it have to do with EL?

It has absolutely nothing to do with being old or young. We are not counting history, we are analysing our current situation and it should not correspond to an EL Qualification. The amount of money we have invested in the last decate should have made it an obligation to fight for UCL (which we have done every single year). I realise we are in transition mode and we fell with dignity, but trying to make EL an important competition for the current status of the club is laughable.

YES! Before Roman, it was better than we usually fought for, but at this moment our inspirations have rise significantly. No one is diminishing or forgetting our past, but football is a momentarily science. Back in time, this would not be close to failure. The present (and money) shows us an exit in the group stage is considerated a failure, though.

Europa League is a very welcomed trophy, but it should not be placed as an important objective. It takes away your focus out of EPL, it does not bring you money, it can be shameful (if we lose for a pub team), etc.

Dont know why people are thinking this is a walk in the park, acting as if we've won it already.

Still have to get passed the likes of Liverpool, Napoli, Inter and god help us, Athl. Madrid.

We should really treat this like the Champions League and play the same team as we would normally.

Dont know why people are thinking this is a walk in the park, acting as if we've won it already.

Still have to get passed the likes of Liverpool, Napoli, Inter and god help us, Athl. Madrid.

We should really treat this like the Champions League and play the same team as we would normally.

But it isn't the Champions League and the priority has to be the league. If we have a league game coming up the weekend after a Europa League game then we have to rest the main players for it.

But it isn't the Champions League and the priority has to be the league. If we have a league game coming up the weekend after a Europa League game then we have to rest the main players for it.

Can safely say that we aren't going to win the league. A top four finish plus Europa league title is possible by playing the first team.

I'm all for giving the younger lads a run, but if we want to be contenders for this trophy fringe players aren't gonna be enough, unless we are just gonna treat this comp as an excuse to use them rather than winning another trophy. Its one or the other, there are some good teams in the competition.

I dont see where you are trying to get...

Just because you expirienced it, does not mean you have the right to think our young fans know nothing about our history. You realise that with today's technology anyone can gather enough quality (not talking about wikipedia) information to be familiar with our history. I have met 20 years old fanatic abroad fans that know a lot more about Chelsea than 40-50 years old English fans. Worst than that, what does it have to do with EL?

It has absolutely nothing to do with being old or young. We are not counting history, we are analysing our current situation and it should not correspond to an EL Qualification. The amount of money we have invested in the last decate should have made it an obligation to fight for UCL (which we have done every single year). I realise we are in transition mode and we fell with dignity, but trying to make EL an important competition for the current status of the club is laughable.

YES! Before Roman, it was better than we usually fought for, but at this moment our inspirations have rise significantly. No one is diminishing or forgetting our past, but football is a momentarily science. Back in time, this would not be close to failure. The present (and money) shows us an exit in the group stage is considerated a failure, though.

Europa League is a very welcomed trophy, but it should not be placed as an important objective. It takes away your focus out of EPL, it does not bring you money, it can be shameful (if we lose for a pub team), etc.

We didn't "fail with dignity". We failed because we were shit throughout. Struggled away in Denmark, outclassed by Shaktar and horsed by Juve. Where is the dignity in that????

We beat a pub team last night, nothing more. Dignity, my arse.

Because we all have access to multimedia nowadays doesnt mean that everybody bothers to look back on the history of our club, the fabric of our club, The amount of kids running about Glasgow nowadays with Chelsea tops on is unreal. Could probably count on one hand the ones who actually care about what our club is, what it stands for..

We didn't "fail with dignity". We failed because we were shit throughout. Struggled away in Denmark, outclassed by Shaktar and horsed by Juve. Where is the dignity in that????

We beat a pub team last night, nothing more. Dignity, my arse.

Because we all have access to multimedia nowadays doesnt mean that everybody bothers to look back on the history of our club, the fabric of our club, The amount of kids running about Glasgow nowadays with Chelsea tops on is unreal. Could probably count on one hand the ones who actually care about what our club is, what it stands for..

We were grossly outplayed. Dignity is another thing, I said we had dignity, not quality. The majority of our players and RDM did what they could, they showed commitment.

It is said that you think you are above young fans and that they dont care about CFC. You probably just know some shit fans...

We were grossly outplayed. Dignity is another thing, I said we had dignity, not quality. The majority of our players and RDM did what they could.

It is said that you think you are above young fans and that they dont care about CFC. You probably just know some shit fans...

I didnt say I was above anyone, at any time.

This club, at present has absolutely fuck all dignity.

Do you know some shit fans?

Do you know some shit fans?

Of course, there are always shit fans. I can also recognise there are excellent fans though...

You placed older fans who passed through hard times above young fans. I extremely disagree with it!

I know we have a lot of fans who only cheer for Chelsea when we are winning, those arent fans. They just follow the trend, tomorrow they will follow another club.

Of course, there are always shit fans. I can also recognise there are excellent fans though...

You placed older fans who passed through hard times above young fans. I extremely disagree with it!

I know we have a lot of fans who only cheer for Chelsea when we are winning, those arent fans. They just follow the trend, tomorrow they will follow another club.

I didnt place older fans above other fans, I voiced an opinion. You can take that as you please

This club, at present has absolutely fuck all dignity.

Don't agree with that in the slightest.

Can safely say that we aren't going to win the league. A top four finish plus Europa league title is possible by playing the first team.

I'm all for giving the younger lads a run, but if we want to be contenders for this trophy fringe players aren't gonna be enough, unless we are just gonna treat this comp as an excuse to use them rather than winning another trophy. Its one or the other, there are some good teams in the competition.

I agree that we aren't going to win the league, but we have to prioritise a top four finish and I don't think we can jeopardise that with a run at a trophy that really has very little in the way of prestige left about it anymore. It's a trophy that really only interests the 'second tier' clubs, and I mean that respectfully.

Look at the British teams who go far in it - in the last decade Fulham, Middlesbrough and the two Glasgow teams have reached finals. Would it be nice to win it? Sure. But let's focus on what's really important this season.

Despite all of that, we had 10 points which is normally enough to go through, superior GD to Shakhtar and only went out due to away goals.

All this with a striker that doesn't shoot, leaky defence and unbalanced midfield.

The priorities are simple. Win the Club World Cup, Win the Europa League, finish in the top 4. If this happens, i finish the season as a very happy man.

This priority list is getting smaller and smaller lol. FA Cup would be nice to add aswell. But your list seems plausible.