UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

don't underestimate the italians, they outdid a favor german national team in such comfortable way, nobody saw it coming!

juve went undefeated in seria. we finished 6th in our respective league. please don't bring that " seria is on decline " crap, that some manure fans would say!

don't get too cocky, we might get outdone by shaktar and juve, anything can happen, i can see us getting points but not soo many against juve!

to all the italian fans on here, don't listen to the garbage you see on here, your italian champions and im sure most of our fans are not dumb enough to call you easy!

It's why i don't understand people who go on and moan that we don't get an entertaining group...

We are in a very difficult group and it will have more of an affect on our small squad and league games, people don't realize this, so for all those wishing for us to get the likes of Juventus, PSG and Dortmund, be careful what you wish for. Last season we where almost out of the Champions League because of a hard group, the group just got even harder...

And to top it off had we came 2nd in that group, which thanks to Genk beating Laverkusen we never, we would of played Barca, and AVB managing our first leg against them with highline... if you seriously think we would of came back from that under Di Matteo you have something wrong with you. We probably would of lost about 8-0.

City vs Madrid on Tuesday then Chelsea vs Juventus on Wednesday. Going to be 2 cracking matches. QPR london derby game to come as well tomorrow. So pumped for the next week of games. :D

Yes after 2 weeks of no chelsea games, be good to getting some proper club football in, as opposed to the international football...

• 4 weeks later...

1- Chelsea

2- Shakhtar

3- Juventus

4- Nordsjaelland

Now you're discounting Juve. They had a sub-par performance against Shakhtar because it was their 3rd match in 9 days, but let's not forget that they were unlucky not have won at the Bridge.

Now you're discounting Juve. They had a sub-par performance against Shakhtar because it was their 3rd match in 9 days, but let's not forget that they were unlucky not have won at the Bridge.

No mate, that argument does not count. That is what I think. If I posted Juve (2) and Shakhtar (3) you could easily said I was discounting Shak.

All 3 have plenty conditions to advance to the next round, but only 2 can go. Based on recent performances I think it will be CFC and Shakhtar have better chances. I will be not suprised if it finishes Juve (1) and CFC (2), for example.

They had a sub-par performance against Shakhtar because it was their 3rd match in 9 days.

That's the excuse? many top teams face this kind of schedules every time.

but let's not forget that they were unlucky not have won at the Bridge.

The way that game went they were also lucky to not lose.

No mate, that argument does not count. That is what I think. If I posted Juve (2) and Shakhtar (3) you could easily said I was discounting Shak.

All 3 have plenty conditions to advance to the next round, but only 2 can go. Based on recent performances I think it will be CFC and Shakhtar have better chances. I will be not suprised if it finishes Juve (1) and CFC (2), for example.

I think it's too early to call this group just yet.

That's the excuse? many top teams face this kind of schedules every time.

Yes but Juve are not used to it yet, two season's ago they were mid table in a declining Italian league. Juve's bench is mainly made from youngsters that can't replace the starting XI all at once. Despite Juve's obvious superiority in the Serie A, Conte can only rest 1 or 2 starters without risking the result.

The way that game went they were also lucky to not lose.

We'll have to disagree on this one because in my eyes we scored 2 very lucky goals and in terms of performance deserved to loose that match.

Yes but Juve are not used to it yet, two season's ago they were mid table in a declining Italian league. Juve's bench is mainly made from youngsters that can't replace the starting XI all at once. Despite Juve's obvious superiority in the Serie A, Conte can only rest 1 or 2 starters without risking the result.

We'll have to disagree on this one because in my eyes we scored 2 very lucky goals and in terms of performance deserved to loose that match.

I'm going to respond to the 2nd part first, because i find that strange. Deserved to lose? Juve were good no doubt but we certainly did not deserve to lose that game, and i can't remember seeing too many comments/articles of such. We played well, pressed them high up the pitch, but our passing was all over the place and we struggled to create clear chances - this happened for a few games after that, then Mata and co started kicking into gear - And in that game at 2-1 we had a penalty claim which could have been easily given and then Mata missed a great chance.

1st part - Didn't know that since i don't follow Juve, but you will rarely ever hear any top team use that as excuse. It's difficult to play so many games in a short period of time, but it's doable.

I'm going to respond to the 2nd part first, because i find that strange. Deserved to lose? Juve were good no doubt but we certainly did not deserve to lose that game, and i can't remember seeing too many comments/articles of such. We played well, pressed them high up the pitch, but our passing was all over the place and we struggled to create clear chances - this happened for a few games after that, then Mata and co started kicking into gear - And in that game at 2-1 we had a penalty claim which could have been easily given and then Mata missed a great chance.

I thought we deserved to lose simply because we only created one goal scoring opportunity in 90 mins that Mata missed while Juve had 5 or 6.

I thought we deserved to lose simply because we only created one goal scoring opportunity in 90 mins that Mata missed while Juve had 5 or 6.

So did you think we deserved to lose vs Barca*? You can't just base your point on that, over the course of the 90 minutes we gave Juve a very good game.

*It's actually not only that game, there are several others we have found a way to win without creating many chances, but didn't see you or any others saying we deserved to lose.

So did you think we deserved to lose vs Barca*? You can't just base your point on that, over the course of the 90 minutes we gave Juve a very good game.

*It's actually not only that game, there are several others we have found a way to win without creating many chances, but didn't see you or any others saying we deserved to lose.

Our game plan against Barca was to defend only. We did what we set out to do, i.e defending, better than they did what they wanted to do which is scoring. So no, we deserved to knock Barca out.

Against Juve we were trying to control the game and create as many chances as possible. They defended better than us and stopped us from creating and attacked better than us by creating much more chances than we did with less possession. So yes, I would say that their performance was better than ours and hence they deserved to win.

Our game plan against Barca was to defend only. We did what we set out to do, i.e defending, better than they did what they wanted to do which is scoring. So no, we deserved to knock Barca out.

Against Juve we were trying to control the game and create as many chances as possible. They defended better than us and stopped us from creating and attacked better than us by creating much more chances than we did with less possession. So yes, I would say that their performance was better than ours and hence they deserved to win.

Weird logic. Barca attacked faaaaaar better than we did in the 1st leg, created like 20 freaking chances to our one, and we deserved to knock them out?! But on the other hand should have lost to Juve....

What does creating chances even have to do with deserving to win again? the most efficient team wins football matches and that's what we were against Barca.

Against Juve, we barely had any chances and scored 2 goals, Juve had 5 and scored 2, so no they did not deserve to win, who's fault is it they did not take their chances?

I get the feeling your post was just because Juve are your 2nd team, or maybe even first. Because i don't understand how we deserved to knock out Barca, but lose to Juve.