The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

Well deserved. Just checked the results for the month and 6 wins out of 9 isn't bad. And in 3 other results, one was a loss against Rubin which was a good result (as we did what was needed to qualify). The others were City (which we deserved to loose) and Liverpool which we drew only because of referees and that racist biter.

So overall a very good month, hoping this May goes the same way and we win the Europa and qualify for CL. Both look very likely in my opinion.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO where is Rupert? He must be very happy today. Unleash the fury on us, mate. :D

He is probably trying to get justice for Count Suarez ;)

Fuck that, we were 4 points behind man utd, still competing for premier league and ither trophies when he arrived. We should easily be in top 4, instead we are counting games/points, relying on other teams to drop points. He ruined our season, got us knocked out of at least 3 trophies. Only way he can salvage this season is if we win europa league and gain CL football.

I'll never respect him. He's crushed our season and is only looking out for his cv

for those that like the facts:

FSW

42 matches - 23 wins 9 draws 10 losses

RDM

42 matches - 25 wins 8 draws 9 losses

Didn't realize that losing to Man City & dropping points will get you gaffer of the month :rolleyes:

Well deserved. Just checked the results for the month and 6 wins out of 9 isn't bad. And in 3 other results, one was a loss against Rubin which was a good result (as we did what was needed to qualify). The others were City (which we deserved to loose) and Liverpool which we drew only because of referees and that racist biter.
So overall a very good month, hoping this May goes the same way and we win the Europa and qualify for CL. Both look very likely in my opinion.

Just for the record, only Premier League results are taken into account in this Manager of the Month award. It has nothing to do with other competitions' matches.

I still don't get the whole Rafa has turned things around as most neutrals seem to say alot. Our team had a bad run under RDM, but it wasn't in turmoil. Our Record is still worse under rafa than under RDM, and getting to a final of the Europa league won't change that. Hopefully we can win the cup get top 4, rafa can leave and we can start again next season.

He is probably trying to get justice for Count Suarez ;)

for those that like the facts:

FSW

42 matches - 23 wins 9 draws 10 losses

RDM

42 matches - 25 wins 8 draws 9 losses

Didn't realize that losing to Man City & dropping points will get you gaffer of the month :rolleyes:

That makes the fsw record seem close to rdm, must be a mistake.

Edit: yeah probably more pub teams played by FSW too.

Well, Rafa certainly didnt need to go through a full Champions League knockout phase...

Well RDM didn't make silly decisions where CFC lost to clubs like qpha or Southampton :rolleyes:

Potentially winning Europa League and finishing in the top 4 aren't the only reasons why Chelsea will keep Rafa, there's also a growing respect towards him by Luiz, Azpilicueta, Moses, Ba, Hazard and Mata, all publicly praising him for his man management and overall team cohesion even through heavy rotation. Yeah, Rafa said he's leaving at the end of the season but I've seen Hiddink and Heynckes do u-turns on retirement talk this season for example. I'm not going to be shocked when Rafa decides to do a u-turn and negotiate with the board who would only feel vindicated for hiring him in the first place after a strong finish.

Lol right, our season was already ruined before Rafa - from Man utd game to be precise - and then he was given a tough job of not only reviving the team but also to deal with a quite ridiculous atmosphere. This obviously played a part in his less than impressive start here, and it's no surprise that since the fans stopped the excessive abuse the team has performed better and are ending the season well.

Not really, we were only knocked out of 3/7 cups, challenging for PL. Now we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth for top for and in ONE final out of FOUR

I think the fans have stopped booing 'cause they can't be arsed as it's not gonna do anything (I can only assume that). He's crap at man management, crap at press conferences, instead of saying how we played he talks about how well the other team did.

A very naive way of thinking. Our squad needs some proper shaping up, they were the ones throwing away wins that were already in the bag. People like you are the reason we change managers like socks. Fickle and in most cases with extreme bias.

How is the sacking of managers because of people like me? Pretty sure if fans had a say a bit more would be done around Stamford Bridge. Fickle? Don't get personal mate. Also please elaborate of how I am 'fickle'? I've always hated him. Fickle is when you hate a player/manager when they are doing bad then arse kiss them when they are doing good.

Our team hardly needs shaping up, a few tweaks here and there. Tell me how putting Benayoun on for Hazard is a good move when we are defending a lead at Anfield? a) it's a like for like sub and b ) Hazard on a crap day is better than Benayoun when he's on form. Okay Hazard may need a rest, but Benayoun ffs?. Tell me why he doesn't put Terry on when we need to sure up defence?

I still don't get the whole Rafa has turned things around as most neutrals seem to say alot. Our team had a bad run under RDM, but it wasn't in turmoil. Our Record is still worse under rafa than under RDM, and getting to a final of the Europa league won't change that. Hopefully we can win the cup get top 4, rafa can leave and we can start again next season.

The team was shit under RDM, and it wasnt just a "bad run", even when the team were winning you could see a lot of weakness, and the defensive system was mess.

RDM record was better? Yes, when he left West Bromwich was a top 4 side, and if you want to talk about results, RDM was the man who led the team to the humiliation of not qualifying in group that had Shakhtar in the 2nd place.

Only people who dont have any idea about football would claim that the team is playing the same football, or that nothing has changed since the italian was fired.

Not really, we were only knocked out of 3/7 cups, challenging for PL. Now we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth for top for and in ONE final out of FOUR

I think the fans have stopped booing 'cause they can't be arsed as it's not gonna do anything (I can only assume that). He's crap at man management, crap at press conferences, instead of saying how we played he talks about how well the other team did.

by the time RDM was sacked I dont think anyone, Chelsea fans aside, really thought we were challenging for PL.

How is the sacking of managers because of people like me? Pretty sure if fans had a say a bit more would be done around Stamford Bridge. Fickle? Don't get personal mate. Also please elaborate of how I am 'fickle'? I've always hated him. Fickle is when you hate a player/manager when they are doing bad then arse kiss them when they are doing good.

Our team hardly needs shaping up, a few tweaks here and there. Tell me how putting Benayoun on for Hazard is a good move when we are defending a lead at Anfield? a) it's a like for like sub and b ) Hazard on a crap day is better than Benayoun when he's on form. Okay Hazard may need a rest, but Benayoun ffs?. Tell me why he doesn't put Terry on when we need to sure up defence?

First of all, saying sorry, didn't mean to get that personal. It's some kind of epidemic for our fans to boo the manager as soon as first signs of shit hitting the fan occur. Though, when everything is fine, games going our way - players are doing a great job, but no mention for the manager. I'm not only talking about Rafa. I've been on this forum 3 years (before a mathematician starts to yell out for injustice, I lurked the first year without actually registering an account) and this trend was when other managers were in charge. For example under Ancelotti we won the league, cup, scored record amount of goals, played a winning football but still there were people who were adamant he should be sacked after a trophyless season while finishing second if I remember correctly. That's what I'm sick of, absolutely no recognition of the manager. Regardless if you hate him or love him, credits where credits due. Now that is what fickle means - praise players when we do good, leave manager out of the equation for his miniature role in it but when we might suffer a defeat it's well done Lamps, well done Mata, but somehow 4 page long essays of Rafa's incompetence appear in his thread portraying him as the public enemy number one.

If our team didn't need a shaping up, we wouldn't be struggling reaching league spots for next years UCL. Our strikers, pivot roles are still not figured out, same goes for our center backs. Wasn't Terry's biggest contribution up until that point giving away penalties and being shaky due niggling injuries keeping him off the field for a long period of time? Don't blame him. Plus I could not see how Hazard could have prevented Suarez from scoring that last ditch header better than Benayoun. You are looking for culprits from the wrong place.