The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDM was the man who led the team to the humiliation of not qualifying in group that had Shakhtar in the 2nd place.

And losing to qpha @ home for the first time in 30 some odd years wasn't humiliating? You are having a laugh there mate :rolleyes: I will say this again & again, FSW is not better than RDM & FSW is a freakin' dirty red scouser #FACT!!!

When I first heard the news about Benitez appointed to the team I just thought that the club was about to implode.

After a couple of months I have to say it has not been as bad as I thought.

He has done an Ok job.

What did hurt him and the club was the atmosphere of the fans.

When Benitez had that dig at the fans and the board it helped relief the tension.

And the team has slowly progress afterward.

So praise is giving to where it deserves.

Let's hope that any future manager can build from this and continues to improve next season.

It makes me laugh every time, when I keep hearing how rafa has turned it around as the fans don't boo him anymore.

I guarantee that if he said he is thinking about not leaving, we would have new levels of booing. It's because he has said he is leaving, and we all want to just get top 4 and move on.

We want Benitez! As Mourinho lurks, German outfit Schalke set sights on interim Chelsea manager to join football revival

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2319549/Rafa-Benitez-wanted-Schalke-Chelsea.html

Fucking cool - I'm due to drive back to Salzburg shortly - I'll bundle the FSW in the Sharan (company car don't ask) and drive him there myself!

Schalke ain't much of a detour on a 1600km or 1000 mile journey :) only takes 14 hours if EuroTunnel works properly ;)

Fucking great news ! I'll drive with @Muzchap if he feels tired, i'll pay the trip, just let Mourinho replace you.Let ? I mean, before you go, clean the office well, and let a "I hope you'll succeed" message to José, so he'll understand it very good and will be extra-motivated for the job.

Fucking great news ! I'll drive with @Muzchap if he feels tired, i'll pay the trip, just let Mourinho replace you.Let ? I mean, before you go, clean the office well, and let a "I hope you'll succeed" message to José, so he'll understand it very good and will be extra-motivated for the job.

Out of likes - but bro that's a deal :)

I'll email Stamford Bridge first thing in the morning - don't want to disturb Rafa right now, he's busy cleaning his tables and pouring wine!!! :)

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Benitez has been named manager of the month for April.

(and Van Persie won player of the month)

Noticed that the Chelsea crest is blocked from view...he probably did that subconsciously!

With that in mind, anyone else think this picture is quite a nice metaphor for Benitez's time at Chelsea?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8693243/

Goalkeeper Petr Cech admits he wouldn't mind seeing interim manager Rafa Benitez stay at Stamford Bridge for a while longer.

The Spaniard, who is the ninth boss Cech has had at the club, revealed that he would only be staying at the west London outfit until the end of the season.

However, with the Blues winning four of their last five matches as well as reaching the final of the Europa League, Cech says the squad are in a much better position now than when he took over.

He told the Daily Star: "It would be a relief to have a manager that stayed for five years!

"We are in the (Europa League) final and we are in a better position than when he took the team over.

"We have got better defensively and we are still scoring goals.

"It was not an easy job for him and, in difficult circumstances, I think he has been doing really well."

Benitez has been getting a lot of praises lately.

And who knows cech might get his wish where Benitez stay....

No..no...no.....if he stays he aint gana last a whole season....was a nice experince for him Im sure but we aint achieved anything yet....not 4th,havent won a trophy etc....