The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

Never mind any of the comparison crap and the he said this or that crap either, the guy is doing the job as manager for our team and I cannot believe that he is indifferent to the shit that some of us are giving him. We've made our feelings known, Christ f**king martians know how we feel about him, but, he is going to lead our team out in the Europa Cup Final can we just show some class and let him go out with some support for getting us there and also possibly despite some dodgy team manovres into the CL next season. Come on it isn't hypocritical for us to just show some class, he knows that we'd prefer not to have him as our manager but he is...... Right now I've put my steel helmet back on so, fire away.........

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of Chelsea fans on the radio recently, lavishing praise on TFSW makes me feel nauseous If I am honest. In my opinion, If you study the impact he has made, it is still very much in the negative equity.

Sure, he has "guided" us to a Europa League Final. But the weak, very weak surrender of the FA Cup that we have cherished over the last 16 years. The way he set the team out against Citeh, almost in fear. Letting them dominate us for the first hour was just shocking really. We should have enough quality players to take Citeh on, but no, he had us as very much the smaller, weaker team. Compare that to Robbie against the Yids last year in the semi. The Yids were on a crest at the time and we were wavering, yet the team came out in a positive and aggressive fashion and put the yids firmly to the sword.

As has been said, League wise, we were four off Man Ure after a very iffy home defeat against them when he showed up, now we are fucking miles behind them. Humbling losses to The Pikeys, QPR. Southampton, etc have been awful. One point from QPR, One point from Southampton. 2-0 leads thrown away against the saints and Reading which came about mainly due to inept substitutions. We would have won at Anfield if he had brought JT on. Stumbling, inept victories against Sunderland and Wigan. Very, very fortunate to beat the Arse. I could go on for hours and I probably will (anyone know the tune?).

Anyway, as I have said at least a trillion times, the sooner he is gone, the better. And if he gets applause after the last home game then I, for one, and going to puke my ring up.

Shallow, shallow fans.

The amount of Chelsea fans on the radio recently, lavishing praise on TFSW makes me feel nauseous If I am honest. In my opinion, If you study the impact he has made, it is still very much in the negative equity.

Sure, he has "guided" us to a Europa League Final. But the weak, very weak surrender of the FA Cup that we have cherished over the last 16 years. The way he set the team out against Citeh, almost in fear. Letting them dominate us for the first hour was just shocking really. We should have enough quality players to take Citeh on, but no, he had us as very much the smaller, weaker team. Compare that to Robbie against the Yids last year in the semi. The Yids were on a crest at the time and we were wavering, yet the team came out in a positive and aggressive fashion and put the yids firmly to the sword.

As has been said, League wise, we were four off Man Ure after a very iffy home defeat against them when he showed up, now we are fucking miles behind them. Humbling losses to The Pikeys, QPR. Southampton, etc have been awful. One point from QPR, One point from Southampton. 2-0 leads thrown away against the saints and Reading which came about mainly due to inept substitutions. We would have won at Anfield if he had brought JT on. Stumbling, inept victories against Sunderland and Wigan. Very, very fortunate to beat the Arse. I could go on for hours and I probably will (anyone know the tune?).

Anyway, as I have said at least a trillion times, the sooner he is gone, the better. And if he gets applause after the last home game then I, for one, and going to puke my ring up.

Shallow, shallow fans.

Hatred makes one blind. The negativity has been one sided and coming from the fans alone. Haven't seen a single huge rift in the player department. We were a sinking ship already when RdM was sacked, regardless if we were 4 pts off or not. It is very hard to be off with 20 points so early in the season,but the eventual gap would have been similar to the current one. Plus you have to understand that due to the negativity form us, the fans, there was no honeymoon phase. ManUtd were very stable this season, we aren't the only ones behind them by a mile. A strong ManCity, Tottenham, Arsenal are all playing second fiddle to them this season.

You can be right, but most probably not about JT being the savior against Liverpool, fact is, had Ivanovic marked Suarez tighter, none of this would have happened, not to mention having to play minutes over the initial given extra time. During the weak, weak surrender of the FAcup we beat the reigning England champions and lost to the former reigning champions by narrowest of margins in the semi-finals. Sure, we have have gone out of many competitions this year that we could have won but Rafa, players and RdM have all their fair share of blame. Losing Community shield, Super Cup, making other kind of history in the CL group stages, losing points early on against QPR,WBA has nothing to do with Rafa, as much as RdM has nothing to with our historic conquers in the Club World Cup etc.

If we finish TOP4 and win Europa League, it is better than nothing and for me it has been unfortunate but a good season. This year has been more about us coping without the likes of JT, Lamps, Cole -who were injured for a long period of time or not in form- and not about the likes of Mata, Oscar and Hazard forming a partnership upfront with strikers we don't have. Though, haven't you wondered what if the 'number of fans on the radio' are right, what if you are a bit harsh and biased?

Shallow, shallow fans.

Look the point is the world and his dog are going to be watching that match and why the f**k should we come across as a bunch of whining prats when we can look like and be a class act. An another thing it's easy to punch in the letters on a keyboard and call any one who would like us to show some class, shallow but I've paid my dues over the 50ish years that I've followed the Blues Turf Moor is a lonely place in the rain.....

I say this with no pretense - that 'rant' at Middlesbrough made me despise him, but I now think he's nothing short of genius to have gone ahead with that. Look at our form now! Yes, still some really odd results (particularly Southampton), but it will prove to be the turning point in our quest for a CL place.

Look the point is the world and his dog are going to be watching that match and why the f**k should we come across as a bunch of whining prats when we can look like and be a class act. An another thing it's easy to punch in the letters on a keyboard and call any one who would like us to show some class, shallow but I've paid my dues over the 50ish years that I've followed the Blues Turf Moor is a lonely place in the rain.....

As is a cold night at Tranmere, York and Scarborough. Anywhere else you care to mention? We ain't all newbie fans, some have been round the block as much as the next one.

As is a cold night at Tranmere, York and Scarborough. Anywhere else you care to mention? We ain't all newbie fans, some have been round the block as much as the next one.

So how was I to know that I was singing to the choir? Some of the lads on here are extremely young and as an old fart I thought that I'd point out that I done a bit...lol :ph34r:

Fuck that, we were 4 points behind man utd,still competing for premier league

This again? United dropped nearly as many points before Rafa took over than they have since.

How many points behind them were City at the time? 0, how many now?

Their are many things Rafa has done that he deserves stick for but that isn't one of them, we were never in with a shout of the title this season, even when we were 4 points clear.

You have indeed done a few tours mate, and fair play to you. As you know, it ain't all been plain sailing! Luton, at home, midweek, in the Zenith Data Systems Cup? 3,000 hardy souls there. Tell's it own story. :D

Wow forgotten about that cup :)

I still remember the days of the Milk cup :)

Changingman, do you remember when played Morton in the Cup and won 9-3 on aggregate?

No, I ain't that old mate! but aye, I think I bought the programme from the game at the bridge from one of the sellers on the stalls down the Fulham Road a few years back. What was it? 5-0 home and 4-3 away?

My start date was mid to late 70's. Oh the glory of it all! Blanchflower, Hurst, etc, dear fucking god.......................Still, rather those two than TFSW :halo: