The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

He doesn´t care if we are in the CL next year. He only wants to boost his rep.

After the lineups in the EPL and the cup someone has to speak some very clear words to him!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think that was pretty obvious a while back....4th place is a nice achievement to show for half a season but 2 trophies..even better...all 3 be nice but dont think gana work like that.End of the season 4th or not he's gone so doesnt matter so much espically if he does have something to show

Lap of honour last day of the seasons gana be a bit awkard....

the waiter installs a type of mentality in a team that you can also find in Liverpool and Inter : only turn up against the big boys

Liverpool and Inter are still effected by this mentality and is the reason for their demise, and it is happening to us too

it's a horrible, horrible mentality

Tbf, Benitez is doing a really decent job, the football under RDM was easily the worst the Chelsea displayed in an UCL edition.

Shaktar outplayed Chelsea in both matches, and Juventus looked like the strongest team in the world in Turins match. Benitez is not the best manager for a long term job, but its nice that are discussing about real managers who can make the job, like Mourinho.

When people talked about RDM, it was all about he being a legend, and a very nice guy.

Tbf, Benitez is doing a really decent job, the football under RDM was easily the worst the Chelsea displayed in an UCL edition.

Shaktar outplayed Chelsea in both matches, and Juventus looked like the strongest team in the world in Turins match. Benitez is not the best manager for a long term job, but its nice that are discussing about real managers who can make the job, like Mourinho.

When people talked about RDM, it was all about he being a legend, and a very nice guy.

No, no, no.

We played the most entertaining football in the league under RDM in the begining of the season and got 22 out of 24 points.

We went into bad form because of the psychological effect of loosing to manutd in a shitty way. So RDM had to go back to basics to make things right but sadly, the board didn't give him any time to do that. Benitez is nothing compared to RDM, its not even up for a debate.

No, no, no.

We played the most entertaining football in the league under RDM in the begining of the season and got 22 out of 24 points.

We went into bad form because of the psychological effect of loosing to manutd in a shitty way. So RDM had to go back to basics to make things right but sadly, the board didn't give him any time to do that. Benitez is nothing compared to RDM, its not even up for a debate.

As much as I agree, you can't compare start of the season games managed by RDM with games Benitez has been having every 3 days with zero fans supporting. That's like predicting future basis of a coffee cup, we don't know how RDM would have handled the busy schedule we have been having and never will. Fact is we were slowly sinking during the end of his reign.

Yeah, di Matteo only managed to make Juve looking like world beaters... I mean seriously, that's only Juve, for Chirst sake. Our current manager has managed to make teams of the likes of Bucarest, Southampton, QPR, West Ham, Brentford, looking like the real deals...! That's some kind of achievement, why didn't have we thought of hiring him before ?!

And if the season started on the 13th week (table) and stopped on the 30th week, then the table would be :

1st — Manchester United : 47 pts P17

2nd — Tottenham : 37 pts P18

3rd — Manchester City : 34 pts P18

4th — Arsenal : 33 pts P17

5th — Chelsea : 31 pts P18

6th — Everton : 30 pts P17 // Liverpool : 30 pts P18.

Yep, true that's true, we are fortunate to have made the change before it was too late...!

Yeah, di Matteo only managed to make Juve looking like world beaters... I mean seriously, that's only Juve, for Chirst sake. Our current manager has managed to make teams of the likes of Bucarest, Southampton, QPR, West Ham, Brentford, looking like the real deals...! That's some kind of achievement, why didn't have we thought of hiring him before ?!

And if the season started on the 13th week (table) and stopped on the 30th week, then the table would be :

1st — Manchester United : 47 pts P17

2nd — Tottenham : 37 pts P18

3rd — Manchester City : 34 pts P18

4th — Arsenal : 33 pts P17

5th — Chelsea : 31 pts P18

6th — Everton : 30 pts P17 // Liverpool : 30 pts P18.

Yep, true that's true, we are fortunate to have made the change before it was too late...!

Great post Peace, anyone saying Benitez did a better job than RDM is clueless!

The issue at the moment is we are so hit and miss...not just due to Rafa its everything.The team seems to pick and choose when they turn up!We can beat Man U but not Southampton?!Wouldnt be surprised if we struggle against Sunderland.And the confidence you get seeing him on the touchlines a bit hmmmmmm wavey handy!

I just hate how he has played as the victim in all this, it really disgusts me.

All i hear is from other fans saying our fans are a disgrace for the way we are treating him, like it's all our fault and not his. WE WARNED THE BOARD LAST SEASON!

The fans made it pretty clear with there signs and banners and fuck off Benitez chants that we didn't want him here, and this was last season when AVB was sacked and there was a minor rumor that Benitez was coming. However no our board is just ran by monkeys and they just do whatever they please, yeah go on and blame Roman but there was just no thinking behind this one at all.

Look at the situation we are in, Benitez if he was a pure and complete cunt he could hold us hostage and actually just fuck this team up... but oh wait he is a pure and complete cunt, so maybe that's why we are playing great one game then the next we are a relegation side.

I have a feeling that Rafa will be given the job full time. Mata is sticking up for Rafa saying he's the right man for Chelsea. A few months ago Rafa says he had no say in transfers, but now I'm seeing the board is getting input from a guy who's not supposed to be there next season? A strong finish to end the season makes Emenalo or whoever suggested him in the first place feel like a genius. Rafa said a few months ago he wanted to return to Spain, now it's a top side in England. Torres doesn't want to leave and he says Rafa being hired made him happy, blah blah blah. I just feel like nothing regarding these two will change and they will both be at Chelsea next season.

I just hate how he has played as the victim in all this, it really disgusts me.

Classic mentality adopted at Liverpool. Never their fault, it's always someone's else.

And also, funny how before beating Stoke in January, our home form was rubbish but away form was good. Since then, it has been the reverse. Home form has improved and away from home, the performance and results have gone south!

Edited by BluesMaster

And also, funny how before beating Stoke in January, our home form was rubbish but away form was good. Since then, it has been the reversed. Home form has improved and away from home, the performance and results have gone south!

Remember it's the fan's fault <_<

This is the stupidest line I read today, good job mister.

Are you serious or just joking ? Under Roberto Di Matteo we were heading into a direction, and it is to play good football, nice & entraining football, he was changing the mentality & the style of play, we always wanted the ball, we were not as direct as now, and it is normal to concede more, to be more " friable " because that's what change cost you as a manager, it is exactly what AVB wanted too.Robbie never had time to fully implement his ideas of how things should be done, now, we are purely playing long balls or hoping for a miracle coming from Mata, Oscar, Hazard, or a long shot from Frank Lampard.We are not trying to be the dominant force in the match, that's why we lost the CWC & Carling Cup, because we are not trying to create a style of play, we are simply tinkering until the end of the season, could you describe me Rafa's tactics ? Style of play ? I know you cant, dont even try.

Robbie won us two titles, with a less talented squad, lets see what this Rafa Benitez can do.

I have a feeling that Rafa will be given the job full time. Mata is sticking up for Rafa saying he's the right man for Chelsea. A few months ago Rafa says he had no say in transfers, but now I'm seeing the board is getting input from a guy who's not supposed to be there next season? A strong finish to end the season makes Emenalo or whoever suggested him in the first place feel like a genius. Rafa said a few months ago he wanted to return to Spain, now it's a top side in England. Torres doesn't want to leave and he says Rafa being hired made him happy, blah blah blah. I just feel like nothing regarding these two will change and they will both be at Chelsea next season.

I hsd started to get the same worries ,,then told myself not possible he could stay ,,,now Im getting worried again ...

and the thought of rupture on here next season ........

We were 4 points of the lead with the football we played under RDM. Now i am not even sure how many points it is because we haven't been in contention for so long. 25 points behind or something. Yes we got trashed by Juve away. Oh well. I won't even list the games we have been outplayed in under Rafa because there is far too many. There is no way we would be in a worse situation league wise if RDM was still here.

Ofc all everyone will remember is how Rafa's hazard substitution changed the game to earn us a reply against united, which we then went on to win. No seems to question why hazard wasn't starting in the first place (non chelsea fans didn't). Or will remember the shitty team he put out vs southampton and how demba ba didn't even get on the pitch when we were losing. We just need to get 4th now. Anything else is a bonus, then this joke of a manager will be gone.