The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3- Robbie didnt won us two titles, in same way Avran Grant did not made Chelsea reach the UCL final back in 08.

I can't really find the words to respond to this, so this will have to do....

Benitez has been at CFC as long as RDM now (this season). This season he's had as much time as RDM to implement his ideas - not sure what you're getting at.

This is bullshit sorry. You can't compare Avram Grant's team to our team last year. We were far stronger then, we weren't on the verge of a CL exit and our best players weren't in their prime like they were under Grant. Why twist the facts just to undermine what RDM did?

You don't have to be controversial just for the sake of it, Henrique.

I'm being controversial? Really? I wonder why only Chelsea fans praise RDM for what happened last season, and yes, you cant compare RDM team with Avram Grant team, that team was so much better, thats why the results and the football were better, Chelsea got into the final match of the EPL with the same points MU had, while last season the team finished in 6th.

I the final in 08, Chelsea were the better side and deserved to win, while watching the UCL final again I cant deny that I agree with Gary Neville, Chelsea were so poor that night, but somehow we managed to win, as Gary said: you get the feeling that something is happening. As Drogba said, it was written in the stars.

RDM will never manage a to club based in his days at Chelsea, because no one outside Chelsea fan base see him as top manager, or anything like that. He was the right man for that moment, but imo it is related to his experience as player and his ability to manage the dress room environment, I dont think RDM is any good in terms of tactics, building a new team, or building a new playing style.

But please dude, don't suggest that saying those things is being controversial for the sake of it, saying those things about RDM is far from being a controversial thing, you just have to understand that he was sacked because people who made the decisions have the same feelings about him, and dont forget there was poll in this forum about RDM, the question was "is RDM the right man for the job?", and most people said "No" or "Too early to say".

So please, dont try to twist the facts and make RDM look like a great manager who was building a new team, with a entertaining and exciting football and driving Chelsea into the right direction, and suddenly was sacked because of an unfair boss.

I'm being controversial? Really? I wonder why only Chelsea fans praise RDM for what happened last season, and yes, you cant compare RDM team with Avram Grant team, that team was so much better, thats why the results and the football were better, Chelsea got into the final match of the EPL with the same points MU had, while last season the team finished in 6th.

I the final in 08, Chelsea were the better side and deserved to win, while watching the UCL final again I cant deny that I agree with Gary Neville, Chelsea were so poor that night, but somehow we managed to win, as Gary said: you get the feeling that something is happening. As Drogba said, it was written in the stars.

RDM will never manage a to club based in his days at Chelsea, because no one outside Chelsea fan base see him as top manager, or anything like that. He was the right man for that moment, but imo it is related to his experience as player and his ability to manage the dress room environment, I dont think RDM is any good in terms of tactics, building a new team, or building a new playing style.

But please dude, don't suggest that saying those things is being controversial for the sake of it, saying those things about RDM is far from being a controversial thing, you just have to understand that he was sacked because people who made the decisions have the same feelings about him, and dont forget there was poll in this forum about RDM, the question was "is RDM the right man for the job?", and most people said "No" or "Too early to say".

So please, dont try to twist the facts and make RDM look like a great manager who was building a new team, with a entertaining and exciting football and driving Chelsea into the right direction, and suddenly was sacked because of an unfair boss.

I actually agree with a lot of what you say here. Robbie certainly wasnt a tactician by any means, a good man manager/motivater he certainly was tho and it was an awful lot to do with that as well as a few outstanding individuals that won us the champions league. Not many managers could have taken over a broken/disheartened dressing room as ours and taken them to fa and European cup glory. He did get found out in the early games of this season as not having a plan b but he still needs to be given a whole lot of respect for what he achieved

Roberto Di Matteo is the man who won the biggest title in the history of this football club. Say what you want, but it all comes down to this. And even if he had lost 20 games this season he shouldn't have been sacked. Ever since he's gone my feelings for Chelsea aren't the same anymore.

benitezgetty.jpg

I never tought one day the man on the right would leave Chelsea, and I certainly never tought the men on the left would manage Chelsea.

And hopefully one day soon the man on the right will return.

Just want to say that whilst a lot are wavering in their hatred towards Benitez I for one want him OUT asap! Never wanted him here,hate and loath the creature and honestly feel ill at the thoughts of him being in interim charge of us when we win something. RAFA OUT

People just can't be bothered to be so angry at someone for so long I don't think, especially when the sun's shining. I want him gone as soon as the season ends but I think he deserves a bit of credit for the way he's handled the last week. Four games in such a short period of time is tough for any team, but with our small squad it was always going to be a struggle. Three wins out of four and another trip to Wembley ain't too bad.

I can't really find the words to respond to this, so this will have to do....

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on the forum! :clap:

EDIT: Look at my signature...

Am I the only one who thinks it's too friendly to call him "Rafa"? I think we should stick to "Benitez", "Rafael", "FSW" or "Rupert".

I dont know how English culture is, but Spanish/Brazilian are strongly based on nicknames. Once it sticks to the person, it doesnt matter where it came from or if it is supposed to be careful or cute or whatever. It is just a simpler way to call the person!

I can tell this from personal experience, there are people who hate me and call me Rapha (my name is Raphael). It doesn't mean it is friendly, but just and easier and more common way to call me...

Calling Benitez "Rafa" has become very usual, so it means absolutey nothing!

I dont know how English culture is, but Spanish/Brazilian are strongly based on nicknames. Once it sticks to the person, it doesnt matter where it came from or if it is supposed to be careful or cute or whatever. It is just a simpler way to call the person!

I can tell this from personal experience, there are people who hate me and call me Rapha (my name is Raphael). It doesn't mean it is friendly, but just and easier and more common way to call me...

Calling Benitez "Rafa" has become very usual, so it means absolutey nothing!

I don't know about English culture as well, but here using nicknames is usually to people you (at least) don't hate.

I don't know about English culture as well, but here using nicknames is usually to people you (at least) don't hate.

Depends where the nickname comes from, I know many people who dont like their nicknames because it is usually a banter or even a bullying.

Overall, it is usually only used because we are way too lazy and names like Rafael, Fernando, etc, are too big for us to say it, LOL.

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on the forum! :clap:

EDIT: Look at my signature...

Why thank you kind sir! :D

I can hardly say I was inspired; I immediately thought of that video as soon as I had finished reading 'that'.