The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

Rafa deserves credit for screwing up the lineup and correcting it after 2-0?

Yes or No - Did Robbie get credit for the adjustments made in the home league game against United?

Whether people like Rafa or not, he came within a toenail's length of becoming the first coach to come back from 2-0 at United and win. I agree with most of the criticism that he gets, but you have to also give credit where it's due or you don't look that grown-up.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes or No - Did Robbie get credit for the adjustments made in the home league game against United?

Whether people like Rafa or not, he came within a toenail's length of becoming the first coach to come back from 2-0 at United and win. I agree with most of the criticism that he gets, but you have to also give credit where it's due or you don't look that grown-up.

No, I was one of the most critical members of RDM...

Also, it is not credit for fixing your own lunatics tactics and lineups!

Btw, I am 18 (almost 19), I am happy not to look gorwn-up. :)

Rafa's tactics were solely down to SAF and his players bottling it. Dropping so deep after the lead and giving the ball away literally 50 times in the middle of the pitch led our team to exploit them so brilliantly.

Rafa deserves credit for bringing on attacking players when we are down 2-0? Bra fucking vo?

Rafa's tactics were solely down to SAF and his players bottling it. Dropping so deep after the lead and giving the ball away literally 50 times in the middle of the pitch led our team to exploit them so brilliantly.

Rafa deserves credit for bringing on attacking players when we are down 2-0? Bra fucking vo?

Bringing on Mikel for Lampard?

That's an attacking change? I know they're both chasing the club goalscoring record but I really think that Lampard's lead of 197 goals might see him edge out Mikel. But who knows? Mikel has age on his side.

:doh:

Perhaps, Mikel was instructed to attack ? :getin: :getin: :getin:

The only reason Chelsea fell behind so early was Cech´s questionable judgment on pea´s goal. Then Manure popped another one but Chelsea recovered well & outplayed Manure badly for the second half of the game.

Bringing on Mikel for Lampard?

That's an attacking change? I know they're both chasing the club goalscoring record but I really think that Lampard's lead of 197 goals might see him edge out Mikel. But who knows? Mikel has age on his side.

:doh:

Let's leave out Lampard who has been misplacing his passes (whilst leaving our front 4 completely abandoned) and has been doing this going on two games now while United continue to run the midfield. Not to mention Lampard is in the double Pivot FFS so his attacking ability is diminished. Mikel actually held the ball and while United dropped deep, him and Ramires led the transition (Something Lampard failed to do) and it actually benefited our attack. You remember? The part where we scored two goals when it happened? :rolleyes:

Credit to the Interim for doing what most could see needing to be done, i.e. occupy Carrick and Cleverley with a central attacking presence i.e. Ramires.

Moses was having a 'mare and the Hazard switch was obvious, Hazard appeared to have a role that offered him licence to roam, wheras Moses appeared more shackled. Mata switched to a more central role when the switch was made. If that was down to the Interim then that's the first time a real 'impact' has been made by substitutions and a tactical change.

Having said all of that, the score's still about 10-2 to the opposition and he's a way to go to levelling up the scores. Lest we forget the worst Chelsea perfomance in years last Thursday.

I've noticed this thread has been quite quiet recently, and it made me think:

Benitez coming out and saying he is leaving in the summer is the best thing he could possibly have done. I don't like him because of his Liverpool connections and what he has said about us in the past, however he is the best option we could have made after the calamity that was the dismissal of di Matteo. Since that Middlesbrough game, the performances and the results have generally improved. There seems a fresh confidence and belief amongst the players; it's almost that they're relieved Benitez is leaving in the summer, and they can just get on with things now instead of not bothering in some sort of stroppy-teenager-fashion and throwing their toys out the pram.

The fans aren't on his back so much now. No doubt that will change should we go out of the Europa League or the FA Cup, but if he gets us a top four finish and wins us a trophy, then what? Yes he will leave, but will he leave in good grace and us Chelsea supporters thankful for his contribution?

Hes had a bit of a reprieve of late -the players have been performing I would surmise in spite of him, and not because of his tactical nous.

The media have been saying his substitutions, partucularly against yernited were spot on, (albeit him not starting with the required line up).

Bottom line the authorities hate any notion of 'player power' let alone 'fan power' so theyve been linking the supporting of the manager to supporting the team -two completely different things in my book.

Fat cunt has to go...

Benitez coming out and saying he is leaving in the summer is the best thing he could possibly have done. I don't like him because of his Liverpool connections and what he has said about us in the past, however he is the best option we could have made after the calamity that was the dismissal of di Matteo. Since that Middlesbrough game, the performances and the results have generally improved. There seems a fresh confidence and belief amongst the players; it's almost that they're relieved Benitez is leaving in the summer, and they can just get on with things now instead of not bothering in some sort of stroppy-teenager-fashion and throwing their toys out the pram.

The fans aren't on his back so much now. No doubt that will change should we go out of the Europa League or the FA Cup, but if he gets us a top four finish and wins us a trophy, then what? Yes he will leave, but will he leave in good grace and us Chelsea supporters thankful for his contribution?

I said it at the time, but it was essentially getting all the bad feeling out in the open rather than bottling it up. He made it clear he was leaving and removed any of the uncertainty and I liked the fact that he was honest and candid for once, rather than beating around the bush.

We've also been performing better and he deserves at least a bit of credit for that and he did make the right changes against United. Robbie did the same in the league game and I praised him for his ability to react to in-game circumstances so it's only fair to credit Rafa with the same.

Agree! And there's just no point in wasting time booing him and chanting against him anyway. Cheering on and supporting the players would be more beneficial and think that has been reflected in recent matches.