The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made the decision to leave Frank, unused, on the bench. Would like to know, exactly when Frank became nothing more than a fringe player. Did his performance level's suddenly drop? Nope, no more than the rest of the team. So why? David Luiz, for all his commitment, is he really a better offering than JT? I don't think so. TFSW is either pandering to the board or seemingly cutting his nose off, to spite his face. Deliberately :wank2:

It was either Man City away, or Man United away in the cup.

Hmm..even the daily fun is recognizing telly tubby's fault. Maybe we are used to CFC gaffers making decisions to effect the game & not being reactive like FSW.

If you wanna talk about his substitutions and all that, then yeah I agree that once again, he was slow to react especially when we went 2-0 down so early on in the 2nd half. And also the fact that he did not bring Lampard and/or Moses later on when we were desperately trying to get the equalizer!

He made the decision to leave Frank, unused, on the bench. Would like to know, exactly when Frank became nothing more than a fringe player. Did his performance level's suddenly drop? Nope, no more than the rest of the team. So why? David Luiz, for all his commitment, is he really a better offering than JT? I don't think so. TFSW is either pandering to the board or seemingly cutting his nose off, to spite his face. Deliberately :wank2:

Lampard was dropped simply because he doesn't provide anything else apart from scoring the goals these days though though he should have been brought on when we pushing for an equalizer late on yesterday. As for Terry, well, he hasn't really been performing well since returning from injury. Has looked slow and ponderous at times and even costing us a 1-2 goals in the process that led to us not getting a win or even a draw.

If you wanna talk about his substitutions and all that, then yeah I agree that once again, he was slow to react especially when we went 2-0 down so early on in the 2nd half. And also the fact that he did not bring Lampard and/or Moses later on when we were desperately trying to get the equalizer!

Lampard was dropped simply because he doesn't provide anything else apart from scoring the goals these days though though he should have been brought on when we pushing for an equalizer late on yesterday. As for Terry, well, he hasn't really been performing well since returning from injury. Has looked slow and ponderous at times and even costing us a 1-2 goals in the process that led to us not getting a win or even a draw.

Aww fuck is that all he does?, score goals?? You mean those things that win you football matches?! And you think he doesn't pose a threat anywhere else?? Either way, he ain't going to anything when he is sat on the bench while that midfield genius Obi Mikel "Control's" the middle of the park, with an eye for goal as well of course.

Yep, Citeh away I think. And, in your opinion, was that decision warranted?

Once he decided that we needed to have essentially two teams to cope with the schedule, I think it probably was. I think he decided for the games against the stronger teams, he needed a midfield who would be stronger defensively to allow the front four to do their thing. It worked in the last round against United and then against Sunderland, so it probably made sense yesterday.

I'll be honest, I wasn't clamouring for Lamps to come on because I thought we had enough to get the equaliser. Maybe there's an argument for Lamps to come on to hit a few 25-yarders but he hasn't been in the best of form recently (although he did well against Rubin Kazan).

Aww fuck is that all he does?, score goals?? You mean those things that win you football matches?! And you think he doesn't pose a threat anywhere else?? Either way, he ain't going to anything when he is sat on the bench while that midfield genius Obi Mikel "Control's" the middle of the park, with an eye for goal as well of course.

Obviously I am aware of that but like I said, if Lampard isn't scoring goals, he doesn't provide anything else to the team AND he leaves the pivot exposed more than not. Even the most ardent fans would admit that about Lampard.

He cannot manage what is a strong squad well, despite his and the club's propaganda which suggest we'd have been out of all Cups and in mid-table had it not been for him. We win some games in spite of him and his dire team selections, tactics and subs but we've now lost a final and two semi-finals under him and he must accept responsibility for that.
A few tweaks to the squad and a good manager & this group of players would have been challenging for the title and had a couple of trophies in the cabinet already this season. Roll on May

In most big matches we've had lately (Man United away comes to mind), Lampard has been an absolute passenger. He just disappears in so many matches where we've needed him that him and Ramires in pivot the would have been slaughtered even worse yesterday. Despite the fact that Mikel was fucking awful, it made more logical sense to have him on as he's usually better defensively. Now that obviously didn't happen, but I think that was more because of Mikel and his shithouse commitment than anything.

Terry, for me is finished. He's still an absolute legend, don't get me wrong, but every time he's played lately his positioning has been poor and he's been caught out too many times (Rubin, Southampton, Newcastle away). I think, to be honest, that Luiz is definitely the best cb that we have. Maybe JT would have done a better job than Bran (who wouldn't have?), but to be honest, I think Terry would have had a mare yesterday had he started.

In most big matches we've had lately (Man United away comes to mind), Lampard has been an absolute passenger. He just disappears in so many matches where we've needed him that him and Ramires in pivot the would have been slaughtered even worse yesterday. Despite the fact that Mikel was fucking awful, it made more logical sense to have him on as he's usually better defensively. Now that obviously didn't happen, but I think that was more because of Mikel and his shithouse commitment than anything.

Terry, for me is finished. He's still an absolute legend, don't get me wrong, but every time he's played lately his positioning has been poor and he's been caught out too many times (Rubin, Southampton, Newcastle away). I think, to be honest, that Luiz is definitely the best cb that we have. Maybe JT would have done a better job than Bran (who wouldn't have?), but to be honest, I think Terry would have had a mare yesterday had he started.

Yea definitely agree about Lampard & Terry. Rafa's doing right in leaving these two out of the big games because of the points you've stated. It's just a shame that we don't have cover for their absence, but that alone shouldn't warrant their own inclusion in the squad. I'm sure the board is under no illusion we will need a new centre-back & central midfield player this summer, the only question is if it actually comes to fruition.

We are chasing a game and have the momentum. But players are clearly tiring... (Even run all day Rambo wasn't up and down at the end) Yet for a manager who stresses rotation and tiredness we only make 1 substitution? I Mean even if you just put lampard on for Ivan to try and get a goal. I don't care how old he is, he had more energy than rambo and oscar at the stage. Same with Moses. If we score we may have issues with too many attacking players in extra time, but thats a problem we can worry about them. Even the most adament lampard "haters" would surely see that he is the perfect guy to come on there.

He cannot manage what is a strong squad well, despite his and the club's propaganda which suggest we'd have been out of all Cups and in mid-table had it not been for him. We win some games in spite of him and his dire team selections, tactics and subs but we've now lost a final and two semi-finals under him and he must accept responsibility for that.

A few tweaks to the squad and a good manager & this group of players would have been challenging for the title and had a couple of trophies in the cabinet already this season. Roll on May

Don't you read the papers ?

He knows what hes doing.. :clown:

I just want to provide some positivity on this thread. We only have to endure a lil' bit longer. Rafa will be gone.

Just imagine the nausea those who'll have to endure Sunday's game in person will be feeling!

Seriously, I've never wanted any former manager's gone so much, or so quickly. I was just a bit sick in my mouth just considering Sunday.

Six Months on, what is the half term report on TFSW? Positive and negative.

Have result's improved?, have performances improved? are we, in general terms, any further forward? Has his appointment had a positive impact in any shape or form?

In my very honest opinion....

No

No

No

No

and

Surprise, surpise

No