Thiago Alcantara

OneMoSalah

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has Oscar been used in the same way?

Exactly! People keep talking about Oscar in a central role, but he didn't play one meaningful game there all last season despite our complete lack of depth. In a 4-3-3, sure, he could play central midfield, but in the 4-2-3-1 we've been playing for years, he's an attacking midfielder.

I personally see Oscar, in the future, being one of the best #10's in the world. This will of course be when Mata slows down or (hopefully not) Oscar is sold.

I see De Bruyne's future as a winger for the most part then possibly being moved into a central role like Schweinsteiger. Really though, De Bruyne can play anywhere.

I see Thiago's future in a deep role. An Xabi Alonso role. He's a decent dribbler and a decent finisher, but a superb passer with superb vision. His absolute best role for the moment would no doubt be a centre midfield role, something he'd likely get at a team like United, but if he's under the right manager (hi Jose) and can change his game a bit I think he could be the next best thing when it comes to deep playmakers. (Just remember that Pirlo was originally an attacking midfielder and then became what is now arguably the best deep-lying playmaker of the last decade.)

Oscar is great at splitting passes which cut open a defence.

De Bruyne is great at whipping in a cross or cutting in and taking an accurate long shot.

Thiago is great at dictating play and hitting long balls over to the flank or to a striker.

So why not have all 3?

I personally see Oscar, in the future, being one of the best #10's in the world. This will of course be when Mata slows down or (hopefully not) Oscar is sold.

I see De Bruyne's future as a winger for the most part then possibly being moved into a central role like Schweinsteiger. Really though, De Bruyne can play anywhere.

I see Thiago's future in a deep role. An Xabi Alonso role. He's a decent dribbler and a decent finisher, but a superb passer with superb vision. His absolute best role for the moment would no doubt be a centre midfield role, something he'd likely get at a team like United, but if he's under the right manager (hi Jose) and can change his game a bit I think he could be the next best thing when it comes to deep playmakers. (Just remember that Pirlo was originally an attacking midfielder and then became what is now arguably the best deep-lying playmaker of the last decade.)

Oscar is great at splitting passes which cut open a defence.

De Bruyne is great at whipping in a cross or cutting in and taking an accurate long shot.

Thiago is great at dictating play and hitting long balls over to the flank or to a striker.

So why not have all 3?

You forgot we also have Hazard but again very good post.

Lukaku

Hazard, Mata, De Bruyne/Schurrle*;

Kondogbia, Thiago.

Oscar is still being bled into the team and it's up for dispute whether he should or shouldn't be a starter yet. If he can earn his place in the side then he'll be in the side, whether it's in place of Mata or Thiago.

Oscar currently offers more than Thiago when it comes to pressing the opposition and getting the ball back, but that does not mean he should be in a deep role. He isn't a player who really dictates play. More an attacking midfielder than a playmaker (which Thiago is.) Oscar starts in an advanced position and then tracks back when he needs to. That'll all completely mess up if he's told to start deep and then venture forward when he likes.

Why not go with that line-up (or something similar)?

*(I put Schurrle on the right, despite me saying he's kind of useless there in his thread last week, as I'm starting to see a bit of Bayern in us. Under Jose he could replicate what Muller currently does at Bayern Munich which would have everybody happy. He may get his place ahead of De Bruyne, he may not. We'll have to wait and see.)

Exactly! People keep talking about Oscar in a central role, but he didn't play one meaningful game there all last season despite our complete lack of depth. In a 4-3-3, sure, he could play central midfield, but in the 4-2-3-1 we've been playing for years, he's an attacking midfielder.

He is, and a very good one. But he is not better than Mata. So logic dictates we should push him a bit deeper to integrate him into the team. IF we have a very good proper DM then it could work quite well as he would have more freedom and create the link between defence and Attack.

He is an AM, however the truth of the matter is, that for him to be a regular in the team he would have to play centrally, but deeper or on the right, and i think he can do very well in a deeper central role.

I'll say this again in any Topic regarding the transfer of an more creative DM, my formation clearly would be:

----------Lukaku/Strker----------

Hazard-----------------DeBruyne/Mata

---------Mata/DeBruyne---------

---Mikel/DeBruyne/DM-----Oscar

Oscar will rock that DM spot clearly... period... I'm sure after watching him numerous times now...

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130619/fc-barcelona/roman-abramovich-jerusalen-thiago-morata-isco_54376101833.html

"Abramovich in Israel to seal off Thagio Deal"

Make what you willl of this but I think its tottal rubbish. Good player but not needed. And Abramovich is probaly in Israel for the birthday of their president; not to sign players.

That is one of the most idiotic media speculations I've ever read. As if Roman has nothing to do in life besides football... :ph34r:

I dont see why we cant have all three of kdb, oscar and thiago, why do we have to sell KDB to make space for Thiago if we are indeed interested in him?

We play alot of games each season and the strength of our bench and rotation was obviously lacking last season.

We could go into the season with something like this

------------------Lukaku/Ba/Cavani?-------------------

Schurrle/Hazard-----Mata/Oscar------KDB/Moses

De Rossi?/Kondogbia?--Thiago?/Ramires/Lampard

Strong squad, strong bench, excellent depth.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You