Thiago Alcantara

OneMoSalah

Democracy and all that but Romeu is Chelsea player. It's one thing to have an opinion but to express "an opinon" like that without even explaining? Shame really.

The quality of this forum is going down faster than I could have imagined. Was it like this last summer? Honestly can't remember. The flood of 13-19 year olds off from school really shows, just scroll back for example 10 pages of this thread and tell me how much discussion there really is? Almost none. On top of that the number of quality posters has decreased a lot, instead we have gif posting, quantity over quality, 100 posts a day forumers. At the moment I honestly skim though the forum, only reading posts of those few quality posters left (and not because I couldn't be bothered but there's nothing to read in 90% of the posts around here)

Can't wait for the season to start

Post of the year.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the worst comment ive heard from a "fan" on here in a while, well done

Why? I think its the best comment since that the Romeu twat got to start for like 5 games and made mistakes which cost us in goals. Just by the looks of him I wanna give him a punch he is no Chelsea player and will never be, fact is he is a usless barcelona cunt.

I don't think we should take the 'square pegs in round holes' approach by trying to fit Oscar in a position that he's clearly not suitable for, simply because he's a talented attacking midfielder that we feel shouldn't be left on the bench. If we wanted a player for centre midfield, then really the club should have invested the 19/25 mil spent on Oscar on a centre midfielder. As it is now, I think he should be used as a rotational option for Mata and maybe in a year's time he can displace Mata in the no 10 role, which he's quite capable of doing. Oscar, while very talented is still quite raw. There's really no rush to fit him in the line-up right now.

At any case, I wholeheartedly hate the idea of changing Oscar's position, he's a gifted attacking midfielder and I rather see him develop and mature into that position. Thiago is regularly touted as the 'future xavi' and would be a far better option in a central role.

Its not really square pegs in round holes. And it is about what is best for the team. If we don't bring in a proper CM ala Modric for there, then we should defintely play him there as he is probably the best option we have. Its just a matter of adapting. It's definitely not his best positon but he could be the sort of player we need in there. If we have a better option then he will have to go on the bench but until then, if the benefit to the team is greater with him in there (even if its not his best position) than anyone else then we should play him there.

I don't think we should take the 'square pegs in round holes' approach by trying to fit Oscar in a position that he's clearly not suitable for, simply because he's a talented attacking midfielder that we feel shouldn't be left on the bench. If we wanted a player for centre midfield, then really the club should have invested the 19/25 mil spent on Oscar on a centre midfielder. As it is now, I think he should be used as a rotational option for Mata and maybe in a year's time he can displace Mata in the no 10 role, which he's quite capable of doing. Oscar, while very talented is still quite raw. There's really no rush to fit him in the line-up right now.

At any case, I wholeheartedly hate the idea of changing Oscar's position, he's a gifted attacking midfielder and I rather see him develop and mature into that position. Thiago is regularly touted as the 'future xavi' and would be a far better option in a central role.

This is similar to my view on Oscar and I got slated for it. He is good and will become great. I love him, but his purchase has simply caused problems. When he was bought I didn't know much about him and just assumed he would be a good CM/DM because that is what we needed at the time.

I was shocked when I found out he was an out and out CAM. If he was bought for cheaper, I'd understand as he'd probably be an understudy for Mata. But you don't spend that amount and not play him. Now he's been shoved out wide because he's simply not as good as Mata and he can't really play anywhere else. It's a bit mad when you think about it. You don't want to stump his development either. He's the right player, but he's just here at the wrong time.

Its not really square pegs in round holes. And it is about what is best for the team. If we don't bring in a proper CM ala Modric for there, then we should defintely play him there as he is probably the best option we have. Its just a matter of adapting. It's definitely not his best positon but he could be the sort of player we need in there. If we have a better option then he will have to go on the bench but until then, if the benefit to the team is greater with him in there (even if its not his best position) than anyone else then we should play him there.

I think what she was trying to say was that 'the best for the team' at the time (last summer) was to simply purchase a CM/DM instead of an out and out underdeveloped CAM who would be unable to displace Mata. He's probably the best option we have at the moment in terms of a 'DLP', but the truth is that we should've just bought one in the first place instead of trying to mould a CAM into a DM/DLP. He has great potential and all, but I think in Oscar's case the club got confused between buying potential for the sake of it and buying what is 'best for the team'.

Emenalo seems to be great at getting good players, but he doesn't seem to actually have an overall picture of how each will fit into the team and what exact role they'll have; evident by our abundance of CAMs, one winger and no DLP or top quality DM. Hopefully José will fix it and bring some balance to the team.

Democracy and all that but Romeu is Chelsea player. It's one thing to have an opinion but to express "an opinon" like that without even explaining? Shame really.

The quality of this forum is going down faster than I could have imagined. Was it like this last summer? Honestly can't remember. The flood of 13-19 year olds off from school really shows, just scroll back for example 10 pages of this thread and tell me how much discussion there really is? Almost none. On top of that the number of quality posters has decreased a lot, instead we have gif posting, quantity over quality, 100 posts a day forumers. At the moment I honestly skim though the forum, only reading posts of those few quality posters left (and not because I couldn't be bothered but there's nothing to read in 90% of the posts around here)

Can't wait for the season to start

Hey! I'm 19 :(

This is similar to my view on Oscar and I got slated for it. He is good and will become great. I love him, but his purchase has simply caused problems. When he was bought I didn't know much about him and just assumed he would be a good CM/DM because that is what we needed at the time.

I was shocked when I found out he was an out and out CAM. If he was bought for cheaper, I'd understand as he'd probably be an understudy for Mata. But you don't spend that amount and not play him. Now he's been shoved out wide because he's simply not as good as Mata and he can't really play anywhere else. It's a bit mad when you think about it. You don't want to stump his development either. He's the right player, but he's just here at the wrong time.

I think what he was trying to say was that 'the best for the team' at the time (last summer) was to simply purchase a CM/DM instead of an out and out underdeveloped CAM who would be unable to displace Mata. He's probably the best option we have at the moment in terms of a 'DLP', but the truth is that we should've just bought one in the first place instead of trying to mould a CAM into a DM/DLP. He has great potential and all, but I think in Oscar's case the club got confused between buying potential for the sake of it and buying what is 'best for the team'.

Yeah that is a valid point. But we have bought him, so unless we bring someone else in then i think that could be the way forward. And i don't think the role is that different, providing we have a solid DM next to him.

Yeah that is a valid point. But we have bought him, so unless we bring someone else in then i think that could be the way forward. And i don't think the role is that different, providing we have a solid DM next to him.

I agree that he has a lot of important attributes already: fantastic work-rate, likes a tackle, good passing range, deceptively strong, vision, speed etc. He just needs to work on his positioning and awareness and he could be fantastic.

But then you have to ask, are we limiting him? Could he be even better as a CAM? Can he dictate from further up and allow another to dictate from behind? What are supposed to do with Mata then?

It's a sticky situation, but we're blessed to be in it in many ways! :D It'll be fascinating to see what José does!

I agree that he has a lot of important attributes already: fantastic work-rate, likes a tackle, good passing range, deceptively strong, vision, speed etc. He just needs to work on his positioning and awareness and he could be fantastic.

But then you have to ask, are we limiting him? Could he be even better as a CAM? Can he dictate from further up and allow another to dictate from behind? What are supposed to do with Mata then?

It's a sticky situation, but we're blessed to be in it in many ways! :D It'll be fascinating to see what José does!

I think it may be limiting him a bit, however not so much that we are playing him way out of position. Adapting to that role is no different to adapting to a role out wide for example, except it may be even easier. I think he definitely is better at CAM. But unless we can sneak him on there and play him alongside mata then it may be an option we should consider.

And yeah we are blessed in that sense, and i too can't wait to see what Jose decides to do. :)

Why? I think its the best comment since that the Romeu twat got to start for like 5 games and made mistakes which cost us in goals. Just by the looks of him I wanna give him a punch he is no Chelsea player and will never be, fact is he is a usless barcelona cunt.

aye thats great, just gonna stick you on ignore now

I've seen countless times on various forums comments like 'This place is nothing like it was x years ago'. The likelihood is that when you thought it was good, there was other people thinking the exact same thing you are now, and so on.

But on topic:

#Thiago and #United close enough for wages to be agreed

From watching/listening to this guy over the years, I find him fairly reliable.

Edit: Zoomed

Graham said we were signing Falcao. He said everything had been agreed at one point. He also has an annoying voice. So screw him.

Also said we were signing Modric. We didn't. So screw him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You