Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

We should play 4-3-3 against Arsenal and look to dominate the midfield, using Moses/Mata/Marin and Hazard to stretch the play hopefully finding gaps between their midfielders and defenders. In my honest opinion Arsenal are only as good as their midfield is on the day, Diaby has been brilliant for them recently tbh, Cazorla has been their best player and Arteta is also very important. Ramsey is overrated but hes played decent when I've seen him too.

This is only an idea but we should perhaps try being negative to be positive. SImilar to what Real Madrid did vs Man City but instead of Essien, Khedira and Alonso we should go for Ramires, Mikel and Romeu. If we can nullify their midfield and get Ramires bombing up and down like he was under Villas-Boas and have Mata/Moses/Marin and Hazard also involved from wide positions then we could win te game. If this also didn't work we could change the system back to our preferred 4-2-3-1, just I feel if we play 4-2-3-1 Arsenal will expose the double pivot from the start but not later on in the game as Arsenal seem to struggle to recover from conceding against us in majority of the games we've taken a lead.

I doubt this will happen though and Robbie will deploy a 4-2-3-1 with Lampard and Mikel....

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see how some people will be saying Torres should start because 'he's back' (again) after scoring against Wolves reserves

I'd say at least 50 percent will end up thinking that..... a lot of people constantly did last season.....

------------------------Cech------------

----Ivanovic---Cahill-----Luiz----Cole

-----------Ramires-----Mikel-----

Oscar-------------Mata-----------Hazard

------------------Torres--------------------

Subs:Turnbull,Azpilicueta,Terry,Bertrand,Romeu,Lampard,Moses

This would probably the best squad we can bring to the pitch currently.I don´t know why but I have a good feeling for this match,but it will be difficult opponent,Arsenal played really well in recent weeks.I think we´ll win 1-0.

A little too much pessimism from many on here. Our first big test, yes, but we should be more confident and hopeful than what is being displayed on this match thread.

Your right, this won't be an easy game for "the arse" but I think this has draw written all over it. If that's the case is be incredible happy... ?

RDM has a selection problem.

Mata is our best creative force and must play.

Ramires has impressed in his recent displays in the center as our best dm and he must play too.

Sturridge is not fit so, I'm guessing torres will start.

Moses has to start, he has provided chelsea with the width and winger role we have lacked since duff/robben. He will keep gibbs defending back. I don't want gibbs bombarding our flanks.

I'm trapped between oscar and hazard but funny enough, I would bring them from the bench instead.

Game is too hot for cesar and I want a cahill-terry but I hear terry is not training, so luiz will be in defence.

Best line up

Ivanovic-cahill-luiz-cole

Mikel-ramires

Moses-lampard-mata

Torres

Lampard will defend too like oscar does and provide experience we need. He has also bn rested so I want him behind torres since he is more capable of scoring than torres right now.

Ramires has impressed in his recent displays in the center as our best dm and he must play too.

Moses has to start, he has provided chelsea with the width and winger role we have lacked since duff/robben. He will keep clichy defending back. I don't want clichy bombarding our flanks.

I'm trapped between oscar and hazard but funny enough, I would bring them from the bench instead.

Game is too hot for cesar and I want a cahill-terry but I hear terry is not training, so luiz will be in defence.

Best line up

Mikel-ramires

Moses-lampard-mata

Torres

Lampard will defend too like oscar does and provide experience we need. He has also bn rested so I want him behind torres since he is more capable of scoring than torres right now.

Clichy plays for Man City mate! :Goober:

Moses has to start, he has provided chelsea with the width and winger role we have lacked since duff/robben. He will keep clichy defending back. I don't want clichy bombarding our flanks.

Best line up

Mikel-ramires

Moses-lampard-mata

Torres

lmao, your brain needs an update mate. :P

Think Marin may have just done the team talk for Wenger this Saturday...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8112063/Marko-Marin-believes-Chelsea-can-win-the-Premier-League-and-retain-the-Champions-League

"I'm not sure they(Arsenal) have played against a good team like us."