Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

I don't think that would work. Remember the midfield diamond Carlo tried with Lampard behind the striker? Didn't work too well. I don't think the double pivot is really his place either tbh. Plus Oscar = godly after that Juve game, so he must play :P

And Torres was good in Liverpool.

Theres no reason why it wouldnt work. Also, Mata Oscar and Hazard wont play all together all the time. Could even use Oscar - Lampard - Mata etc. All of them float freely anyway and they tend to end up behind the striker anyway. So putting lampard there actually puts him in an area where he's usually at. He can drift back and go forward centrally.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Torres was good in Liverpool.

Theres no reason why it wouldnt work. Also, Mata Oscar and Hazard wont play all together all the time. Could even use Oscar - Lampard - Mata etc. All of them float freely anyway and they tend to end up behind the striker anyway. So putting lampard there actually puts him in an area where he's usually at. He can drift back and go forward centrally.

Would be better playing an inverted midfield 3 in a 4-3-3.... like:

--Rami -- Obi--

-----Lamps-----

Think Andre played him in that position last season. Wasn't an attacking midfielder as such but he had a bit more freedom than Rami.

Not really..

At least Torres (at one point in time) was top quality, and deserved/earned the reputation he built for himself. The criticism Kalou received is incomparable in that repsect, and he was never 'Chelsea quality'.

didnt you say any Chelsea fan who supported Kalou should be hung. Didnt you say you hated Kalou scoring ...

didnt you say Kalou was stopping Kakuta ...Didnt you invent that horrible skull for him

didnt you say any Chelsea fan who supported Kalou should be hung. Didnt you say you hated Kalou scoring ...

No.

Someone said the 'n' word towards him, that was about the most extreme it's got on TC. However, I did say any 'fan' who actually wants Kalou to start games must subconsciously want to see the demise of Chelsea FC.

No.

Someone said the 'n' word towards him, that was about the most extreme it's got on TC. However, I did say any 'fan' who actually wants Kalou to start games must subconsciously want to see the demise of Chelsea FC.

you said they should be hung... you later had to retract it

No.

I think its unfair to say that. He was obviously signed as he had talent and obviously Jose thought he could become a key player for the club (which ok he didn't majorly but he scored important goals and worked hard when he played), I don't think you sign a young player nobody has heard of because you want to... he was incredibly frustrating at times but I think he was probably frustrated as well that he was being shoved on the wing instead of up the middle where he rose to prominence in Holland.

Look at Sturridge at Bolton, scored 12 goals I think up the middle, came back was shifted on the wing, was constantly saying he wanted to be a striker rather than a winger. He may of had a decent return on the wing but everyone was becoming frustrated with him bla bla bla saying he shouldn't play as he cannot pass the ball etc.

Some players are just suited to their natural position than a "secondary" position. I'm not saying that if Kalou was up front he would of been amazing but he would of surely improved a bit more, his finishing was top notch imo, he could of done a job upfront. I wouldn't say people wanting him to start would subconsciously want to see the demise of Chelsea FC lol, thats just a bit harsh...

Not for us Aussies :D:getin:

not for me either, its before i have to leave for work! hahaha. thinking of taking day off so i can play Fifa 13 more and fininsh school work early.

Cech

Iva - Cahil - JT - Cole

Rambo - Obi

Lampard

Moses------------------Hazard

Torres

i would love that formation to be played, except take out lamps (injured) and play mata.