Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

I get your point, and if he isn't fit he shouldn't play but i think we need his captaincy and his pure defending qualities, providing all is well with him.

Well he was the one that gave the game away vs Juve, and i fear if that happens again. I think Cahill-Luiz combo will be just fine.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he was the one that gave the game away vs Juve, and i fear if that happens again. I think Cahill-Luiz combo will be just fine.

And the cahill Luiz got ripped apart vs athletico madrid... There are many more occasions where terry has saved us than not, and vs Juve he tried to play offside which he shouldn't have done, but mikel gave the ball away well within our half. We will see but i still think if he is fit he has to play.

Best way to beat Arsenal, for us, is some courage. RDM needs to drop Lampard and just make an excuse like he's not fit, so some fans don't get angry. Ramires will be an important weapon and shield in our midfield.

We need to put their defense under pressure. Playing a defensive winger will get us nowhere. Its bound to happen though. As someone stated, Oscar is more than capable of doing a job defensively, as he did with locking down Pirlo. 3 attacking midfielders simply need to start. Torres shouldn't start either but will.

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel

Hazard Oscar Mata

Torres

This should actually be our starting lineup every week (except Torres). Moses needs to have some part in this game as well. Bring him on early, even at half time if needed.

stop freaking out just yet, we have a good team what is needed is discipline, yes discipline and terry should be left out of the game as well as lampard For my reason is his reflex and quick respond are gone if nothing is needed i will take on quick respond which cahill and luiz can give

I really don't want RDM to be too negative. We have been nice and positive in our last few games, what we do not want to be seeing is Bertrand and Ramires on the wings to counter them. We could cause them all sorts of problems with our forwards but we need to be positive.

Lock down the flanks and force them to play through the middle. This allows us to eliminate most, if not all, runs in behind the defense from the likes of Gervinho. They will then play through the middle predominantly, which although they are good at, we can handle (especially if Ramires is in there with his energy and closing down). They are not Barcelona after all.

Oscar will start imo because he's capable defensively plus probably the only one of the attacking mids that can actually provide some goals. Mata has been on another level since his return from vacation so he must start. Hazard might get dropped though if RDM decides to opt for a defensive winger because I think Oscar and Mata both are ahead of him on the team sheet for THIS match.

I hope Sturridge starts because I don't think Torres is good enough to get the better of either of Arsenal CBs.

Tough call, if we had to drop one of the 3 Maestro's (I'll call them this from now :D) I would opt for probably Hazard. He's been a bit quiet the last few matches and form should dictate places in the team, with all the competition we have. Mata and Oscar are better possession players anyway which is what we may need for this game. Bring on Hazard (how many teams can bring on a Player of Hazard's quality? :o) when defenders get tired. The 3 Maestro's should start though.

Tough call, if we had to drop one of the 3 Maestro's (I'll call them this from now :D) I would opt for probably Hazard. He's been a bit quiet the last few matches and form should dictate places in the team, with all the competition we have. Mata and Oscar are better possession players anyway which is what we may need for this game. Bring on Hazard (how many teams can bring on a Player of Hazard's quality? :o) when defenders get tired. The 3 Maestro's should start though.

Moses - Oscar - Mata

---------Hazard--------

I highly doubt Torres will bring anything to the table. However I doubt RDM has the balls to do that :)