Chelsea 4-2 Reading

BlueLion.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best of performance but think we just about deserved the win given that we had better of the attacks and chances throughout the game. Though still need improvement, the injection of pace and increase of tempo with Hazard, Mata, Oscar and even Sturridge to attack is what we have been crying out for! That helped to accelerate attacks much quicker compared than the snail pace we played at in last 2-3 years.

However, I'm majorly concerned over the fact that we seem to struggle more often than not everytime we scored first in the game. It just look like we take the foot off the pedal and allowed the opposition to come at us so easily. Also, hope people aren't clouded by the fact that Ivanovic's defending has been poor despite the 2 goals. Getting skinned way too often. Ivanovic's place will be seriously under threat IF we secure the signing of Azpilicueta and him performing well when given the chance.

Reading certainly did not "park the bus". They looked to attack and actually were pretty impressive for a newly promoted side.

They did in the second half when they were leading. No point parking the bus when you're 1-0 down but after they got ahead, they didn't even want to attack. Nothing wrong with that of course, I wouldn't expect them to continue playing like Barcelona when they're 2-1 up against the European Champions.

Reading certainly did not "park the bus". They looked to attack and actually were pretty impressive for a newly promoted side.

Yes they did in the first 20-30 minutes and in the second half. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to defend. I'm just trying to explain why it is not easy for a player like Torres to play great or score lots of goals in these circumstances.

Hazard is just another level compared to some of our players. I really hope Danny gets a chance he looked bright when he came on. But some of the football we played with hazard Oscar and Mata on the pitch was exceptional. It's what Roman wants and boy does it look good. Sort the silly defensive mistakes and we will be a force to reackon with!

Forgot to mention this but credit to RDM for his substitutions. Made the right ones at the right time. Was risky but one that needed to be taken and each of the subs played their part in the turnaround.

We really dominated most parts of the game. For the first 25 minutes, we were sublime. We held the ball and had an urgency and created chances. It looked like it could have been 3 or 4 by half time tbf. Their two goals rattled us and until half time we looked shocked. After half time, it was all us. We kept the ball really well, and created chances. They got back well in numbers and try to pack us out whenever we were around the box. When they brought on another striker, and played two up top, it wasn't an attacking move, it was a defensive one. They knew that Pobregnak wasn't winning the ball when it was cleared, but with two men up there they were able to get more of the ball and stop our attacks.

Mata, Hazard and Lampard were excellent attacking. Ashley Cole was also fantastic on the left flank. Mikel, well when we were on top he was fantastic, but when they were coming into it he was non-exsistent.

All in all, a good performance and result. We showed great character to come back, and Hazard was a different class. What a signing he has been. Player of the year, you heard it here.

This was one of those games where even at 2-1 down at half time i said to my mate (who was screwing) what you worrying for? we won't loose we have been playing good just been sucker punched, nothing more.

Some of those games come where you just know your win even when loosing, the 5-1 win over Bolton when we were 1-0 down at HT another obvious example in my mind.

Really satisfying performer overall. Hazard was exceptional and ease the creative workload on Mata. Oscar showed flashes of brilliance and was great in his second game as a premier league player.

Also those dugouts are sexy as hell and we now have a video to go with The liquidator!

This was one of those games where even at 2-1 down at half time i said to my mate (who was screwing) what you worrying for? we won't loose we have been playing good just been sucker punched, nothing more.

I honestly felt the same.

We need to try essien over mikel.

and we must to keep daniel in chelsea.

Essien's too slow now to do the job, saving him for the tricky Champions League nights i guess. Playing him against teams like Reading and Wigan in the Premier League day in day out will have an affect on the urgency we're trying to create. Not saying Mikel's any faster though.

Also one thing that has been overlooked.

Robbie's substitution's were spot on, the best set of sub's i have seen a Chelsea manager make for a while in the timing and the context of the match.