Chelsea 4-2 Reading

BlueLion.

We benched Drogba a few times. When we bought Shevchenko, when we bought Anelka, and then when we bought Torres. Each time, Drogba fought his way back into the starting XI.

To be fair (apart from Shevchenko) Drogba got back in because Torres was plying so horribly the first couple of months he was with us (Drogba was average to poor for most of that season and Carlo was playing him as a starter no matter how bad he was like with Essien and Malouda). And with Anelka he was scoring goals left right and center and it was only when Big Phil go sacked and Guus was appointed that Anelka got unfairly shunted out wide to accommodate Drogba.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are telling me that Drogba wasnt benched during some parts of our last season. Then why does he only have 24 PL apps while Torres had 32?

Because of the Africa cup and because RDM chose Torres in the league matches towards the end of the season.

Torres was crap but he scored. He's had many very good games and not scored so if he evens that all out, that's gotta be a good thing. He did do some good things today but yeah i'll admit he pissed me off a lot. He still looks a bit desperate to score rather than thinking he will score but today, he did score and from a striker, that's all that matters. He needs all the luck he can get. He got lucky today, hopefully it helps him.

With Eden 'The Genius' Hazard in the team, he's bound to get chances like he had with the header. he was shit but nearly scored 3.

He's scored 2 in 3 and could have had more. Let's not rush everybody out of the side, particularly after two league games.

Im not really talking about Torres last 2 league games. Im talking about his last 2 seasons with us, which he has never convinced me that he is going to be a good goalscoring striker for us.

Im not really talking about Torres last 2 league games. Im talking about his last 2 seasons with us, which he has never convinced me that he is going to be a good goalscoring striker for us.

Then again, Mr. Chelsea Supporter, did you think that Drogba would turn out good for us?

But he hasnt been off in his 2 last seasons or has he?

I knew someone would come out with this..

You can't use that as an argument otherwise you'd still bench him if he had a really good game today because he hasn't been that good 'in the last 2 seasons'. He done his job, he scored.

He's missing a bit of urgency, but it doesn't warrant a benching.

Que Torres FC reply.

Then again, Mr. Chelsea Supporter, did you think that Drogba would turn out good for us?

Drogba finished his fantastic time with us as a legend and moved on. Maybe its time for Torres to do the same. He isnt really getting any younger.

Seriously, ive been a huge Torres fan and ive supported him all the way from the start, but there is a time when we have to open our eyes and see the reality. It also pisses me off how we are so patient with torres but cut off our youngsters without giving them a fair chance.