Chelsea 4-2 Reading

BlueLion.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard was a exceptional...really did enough to ease creativity on Juan...Oscar was brilliant as well IMO...really need time to understand his new team mates,once he is done,he is up for it...I pray RDM stop using Ramires on da flank...Sturridge is more better...until we sign Moses...Sturridge should maintain such position

We were amazing in the first few minutes of the game,had complete control and were playing some quick passes.Things went downhill after the Cech mistake and stayed that way till half time but then we were back again in the second half.

The link up between Mata and Hazard has been just exceptional and I am sure Oscar will adapt soon as well.If you ask me,I really don't think we need highly overpriced winger in the team as it would just complicate things more.Marin,Ramires and sometimes Danny can occupy the role well so there is really no need to get a winger.At this stage I still feel we should go for Moses instead as we desperately require a 3rd choice striker.

so many things to discuss, dont know where to start.

1. first things first, if this was 2010-11 or 2011-12, we would definitely have dropped points, so kudos on that.

2. hazard is phenomenal. his movement is great, his skills are awesome but i feel he has got some discipline problem. he was supposed to be the lw throughout the match but in the 1st half he drifted so much and in the end it cost ashley cole as he had to commit himself which gave time for the thr cross for the 1st reading goal. this happened in the 1st match too when iva was left without cover on a number of occasions.

3. i love mata but hate it that he is playing the 2nd fiddle to hazard. hazard's pace and skills are better but mata's vision and experience put him higher. so i dint like it that mata everytime gave the ball to hazard to initiate an attack. the idea should be to feed off each other which would make them a way more dangerous pair.

4. oscar sucked. it was his first real test coming on when the team was a goal down in their first match at home of the season, so the pressure must have been great but he was absolutely awful. clueless would be the most appropriate word to describe his performance.

5. torres was good despite what the media and people would have u believe. some of his turns and nut-megging were fabulous but it was again in front of the goal that he chokes(?). but happy that he got a lucky goal,hope it spells a big change of luck for him.

6. ramires was poor. should have passed the ball to torres and got chelsea a goal up in 7th minute itself. inspite of that his performance was way below par but just hope it was just one of his bad days and he has got it out of his system.

7.jt,cahill and iva were their usual self with none of them to be blamed much for the goals.

8. mikel had his moments both ways. as far as i can remember, he took 2 runs which were really good but apart from that he dint have any value addition when we were in possession. we were far more dangerous without him and i would like to see how we fare a whole match without him and we do have essien (who had a more than decent pre-season) and romeu and meireles on bench.

9.lamps was immense for me. he was everywhere and most importantly kept it simple in passing and posed a real threat with his movement in final third (those traditional late lampard runs to pull off a defender, even though none of the last 3 goals had his contribution). but according to me he had a wonderful game.

10. cech made a mistake. no problem. now he ll be even more cautious against dembas.

I´ve noticed 2 problems we already had in the last game:

-after taking the lead we didn´t play our counterattacks consequent and fast enough

-Cech goalkicks were terrible

If also noticed that a lot of times Torres an an other attacker did the same runs using the same path. That took us a lot of opportunities and I hope this gets better as soon as the guys know each other better.

Yesterday Ramires had a bad day. I´m not saying he is a RW but he can do better than yesterday.

Sturridge was good, very hungry and willing to fight. I know he is an CF but maybe he okay with playing RW until Marin is fit and our knew Lads are well integrated.

Don't get ahead of yourselves people, none of that 'we are going to win the league' or any other bull shit.

We had huge problems this game when we shouldn't of, we will get mashed by decent teams on the counter, I'm loving our short passing game already and creativity i am, but the defence is just awful.

JT is way too slow, it's time for him to start sitting out a lot more, delighted for Cahill because of his goal, but he really needs to sort out some of his defending also, same goes for Ivanovic desperately. Cole looks rough but i think he will get back on track later on during the season, can't see him being shit through out all the season.

Until we make more defensive signings rather than attacking players that's when we can start being very optimistic!, man i can't tell you how much i want us to buy a DM and sort out these fucking liabilities in our team.

But today we celebrate!, BLUE IS THE COLOR!.

I agree ref the DM, honestly think we need a dynamic DM with an engine who can play a bit (not asking for much ?). I really can't see a need for Modric or Hulk, but RB cover is an urgent requirement (Iva was poor last night) and more depth upfront.

But going forward we were immense, it's been a log time since I've seen us so slick up front. We have really struggled to break teams down but with the pace of Hazard, Sturridge and Marin we finally have that ability to beat out marker. Something we have been without since the days off Robben and co.

Let's be honest in Hazard, Mata and Oscar we have world class talent that could stroll into the tarting eleven of practically anyone. Very exciting...

Ramirez.... wow I logged on to my stream late and the first time I realized he was even playing was when he was subbed. Great player but I'm not entirely sure where he is going to fit in the team. Does he have the technique / discipline to play in the pivot?

All in all a good performance, fantastic equalizer by them and sloppy second thanks to Cech was met with an attacking surge and confidence I've not seen for a long time!!! Come on Chels....

You hide behind this Torres FC crap because some fans have the cheek to support one of their players. Criticize him freely if he deserves it, but you treat the man like he nicked your cat.

Rofl... great stuff, I agree 100%.

Reading the match reports and post-match thoughts articles on this game, it's so obvious that the media have an agenda against us. City came from behind to beat Southampton 3-2 at the weekend and they said 'City showed character', 'City showed why they are the PL Champions' etc despite not being at their best. We came from behind to beat Reading and they said 'Chelsea were lucky', 'Chelsea struggled' despite also not being at our best. :doh:

They did in the second half when they were leading. No point parking the bus when you're 1-0 down but after they got ahead, they didn't even want to attack. Nothing wrong with that of course, I wouldn't expect them to continue playing like Barcelona when they're 2-1 up against the European Champions.

Didn't want too? Or couldn't? I think the later, in fact they were a little naive, over commuting players and failing to retain the ball.

The funny thing about the Torres goal was that not one Reading player appealed for offside. They can moan now but if they had all stuck their hands up, he might've flagged but they gave the lino an easier decision.

Only 2 days rest tho and we're back on it but the players should still be buzzing from yesterday, it might be a good time to play especially with the comeback and the mistakes fresh in the mind, there will be a big focus to be better at the back and i'm sure concentration levels will be higher after yesterdays scare.

The funny thing about the Torres goal was that not one Reading player appealed for offside. They can moan now but if they had all stuck their hands up, he might've flagged but they gave the lino an easier decision.

Think 1-2 did raise their hands but yeah, there wasn't much protests. They all were probably watching the ball and didn't know where Torres was exactly.

Even after it had gone in, no appeal at all. You'd think, even if he was onside, a team throwing away a 2-1 lead would at least try n appeal, i mean it was such a huge moment in the game. I still think we would've gone on to win the game anyway, we battered them in the 2nd half but i'm sure reading woulda been desperate to at least hold on for a point.

Anyway, glad they didn't appeal.

Good result last night just a shame we shut off for about half an hour but its still early doors and full match fitness is still a bit off. Hazard again looks a great signing and Oscar is gonna be special too, can't wait till those two and Mata are on the same wavelength ...scary! All in all happy enough and delighted with ash's celebrations for torres goal. Carefree