Chelsea 4-2 Reading

BlueLion.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can truly say that for the first time since 05-06 we have a team that can hurt the opposition on the counter attack or through a possession based game. The problem we had for a while was barring 09-10 teams could keep a good shape and we would struggle to break through but now we have the players to unlock the door. We won't win the league because we don't have enough upfront but we'll easily get a CL place. If we want to win the league then we'll have to sign a centre forward to compete with Torres and a right back to compete with Ivo !

Sturridge isnt a winger and shouldnt play there. Period.

4-1-3-1-1 then?

----------------cech---------------

iva----cahill----terry------cole--

-------------Mikel------------------

mata------lampard-----hazard--

-----sturridge----------------------

------------------Torres------------

That iformation when we're away to any bottom 10 team,

And

-------------Lampard-------------

mata------Oscar-----hazard--

this formation when are at home, so sturridge can be an inverted second striker rather than a winger.

Additionally, while defending, we can form back into a 4231 with Lampard slotting back with mikel in formation 1 and oscar slotting back with lampard in formation 2. Then while attacking it becomes a 4-1-3-1-1.

Or, replace sturridge with Cavani/hulk in both formations.

The ref help Chelsea there with that offside goal.

I wonder if the Chelsea fans here will remember this?

Or will they go the hypocrisy way and say the ref rob them when Chelsea get a bad decision?

just realised ,...you are really Mitt Romney

The ref help Chelsea there with that offside goal.

I wonder if the Chelsea fans here will remember this?

Or will they go the hypocrisy way and say the ref rob them when Chelsea get a bad decision?

It's only normal to complain when decisions don't go your way, even Man utd fans complain about refs :P

4-1-3-1-1 then?

-------------Mikel------------------

mata------lampard-----hazard--

That iformation when we're away to any bottom 10 team,

And

-------------Lampard-------------

mata------Oscar-----hazard--

this formation when are at home, so sturridge can be an inverted second striker rather than a winger.

Additionally, while defending, we can form back into a 4231 with Lampard slotting back with mikel in formation 1 and oscar slotting back with lampard in formation 2. Then while attacking it becomes a 4-1-3-1-1.

Or, replace sturridge with Cavani/hulk in both formations.

The problem with that formation is yet again that we wont have any RW. Consider that we will get Moses or Hulk, and Mata most certainly wont be playing there. And I think its safe to say that RDM wont drop the 4-2-3-1. Plus, using all those players all the time at the same time wont work. We need rotation considering how many games we will be playing.

If we buy a RW and a striker, what happens with Ramires and Sturridge?

Three things:

1) Lampard is a massive problem. He isn't playing like a CM which is the role he is required to play. He is playing like a striker that just wants to run forward and score goals. Mikel is more or less alone in midfield with limited passing options and defensive help. Di Matteo has to act fast.

2) I'd like to see how Luiz and Cahill do together. Terry's lack of mobility is the cause of a lot of issues that people don't seem to notice.

3) We need a striker THIS window. I'm sorry but Torres isn't back and he never will be.

TORRES IS BACK!

Scoring goals is the most important job of a striker.

Last season, Torres gave some really good performances and assists, but couldnt show the statisticians anything in the goals column.

Now, he hasnt been as good overall, but has 2 goals in 3 games to show in his statistics.

Bar Ramires Selfishness, it would have been 3 goals in 3 games.

He will score 15-20 goals in the league this season and 25 or so in all competitions. He will be back to scoring, dont care whether he doesnt provide as many assists as last season... We have Hazard and Oscar for that.

TORRES !!!

If we buy another striker, no harm done! Even better!

Still very glad we won this game.

I don't think people realise, or maybe they forget; but promoted teams are usually difficult.

Although they'll likely be nervous, they want to make a good first impression in the Premier League and keep morale high after their promotion. They play with confidence.

Just see Southampton - Manchester City.

This was never supposed to be an easy game.

Again; very glad we won.

some quick thoughts.... I hope RDM takes something more out of this game than it being a good result and great performance by Hazard. I'm still unimpressed by our first two games and we're obviously lucky to have the six points. Taking nothing away from Wigan and Reading but with our ambitions we shouldn't struggle too much against these teams especially at home but I believe the team will gel more into the season and tactics will be perfected, there will certainly be a lot of upcoming games which will give us the chance to improve quickly

it was not an ideal spot for Oscar to come on, chasing a game against Reading although Mikel coming off was good and we didnt have many options.

Ivanovic, Mikel, Lampard & Torres weren't really up to standard. Torres especially had a pretty horrible night so it was good to for him to get a goal and hopefully he'll up his game against Newcastle and start working harder in training or whatever's needed...I mean we've seen him have shockers before but it's worrying that he seems quite unfit as well, definitely lost some pace and strength..

oh and Sturridge left a good impression

I thought the first 15-20 minutes we played some of the best free flowing passing football I've ever seen us play reading couldn't even touch the ball hazard was his brilliant best mata was classy the whole team looked balanced we scored the goal thanks to hazards quick feet and then reading scored 2 goals out of nothing! Knocked the stuffing out of us a little but we had the fight and the class to claw it back and yes torres was slightly offside but he still had to make that run and still scored!

Lampard,Torres,Ivanovic and terry wernt great though but did enough! Still baffled to why we play mikel all the time! We need a more agile comfortable player there! (Fellaini) perhaps? Lampard just doesn't stay a DM he's bombing on past torres half the time! Just isn't in his nature!

Sturridge looked very lively when he came on but again was very selfish and looked like he was sulking when torres scored! He needs to just accept he'll get his chance but in the mean time just be happy to be on the pitch personaly I think he's a cracking right winger!

I don't undertand why ramires is constantly played out of position aswel! He aint a winger he should be in the middle with lamps or with someone else he was 1 of our best players last season and it seems like he's being sacrificed a little??? Oscar is going to be a massive star but last night was difficult for him!

All in all a lot of positives to take but quite a few negatives too! Just hope we can get a quality DM and perhaps a striker but I think fernando torres will come good this year providing he gets the service he craves!

Winning is all that matters!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda is fine, the players can only challenge what's in front of them.

Personally I don't give a shit about how great our football is - look at Arsenal, won fuck all...

We won, sure there are a few issues, but we won!

As long as we keep winning I'm happy, the squad will be happy and that's a self fulfilling prophecy (newcastle last year)...

Our big test this weekend, but I expect nothing less than a hard fought win...

Ultimately what it boils down to is putting the points on the board and that's what we did. Truth be told, in a fair world Reading would have headed home with a point .. but it's not a fair world and it never will be.

2 games, 6 points, 6 goals, immense contributions from the record summer signing and strikes for the misfiring Spaniard, a club legend and a couple of defenders. I'll take it every day of the week.

And for the more squeamish here - isn't winning without playing great the stuff champions are made of?

3) We need a striker THIS window. I'm sorry but Torres isn't back and he never will be.

TORRES IS BACK!

I don't know if that was intentional but I found the complete contrast of views rather amusing.

Did anyone see when Eva Carneiro ran on the pitch when Terry (I think) got injured? Celery chants broke out and even her name was chanted as she walked off. :D