Chelsea 4-2 Reading

BlueLion.

Im becoming increasingly worried about Brana .... atm he is defending worse than Bos was... yes he has two goals but that is masking

his failure to do his primary job

True, but with Cesar's imminent arrival he will get some healthy competition and mistakes will be reduced to minimum. Carefree. :D

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It also pisses me off how we are so patient with torres but cut off our youngsters without giving them a fair chance.

Who is all these youngsters your talking about and who has not been patiant with them?

Certainly not me. Support our players, no matter what name or color their skin are.

And yes, Drogba left as a legend, but there was nothing that could point to that after his first two years at our club, even though we were the best team in the world those years.

I knew someone would come out with this..

You can't use that as an argument otherwise you'd still bench him if he had a really good game today because he hasn't been that good 'in the last 2 seasons'. He done his job, he scored.

He's missing a bit of urgency, but it doesn't warrant a benching.

Que Torres FC reply.

Not the biggest Torres fan, but don't think Torres should be benched either, (unless we got Cavani) but would like to see Sturridge start the next game as part of a rotation. Torres will start against Athletico next week meaning that since the Community Shield, he'd have started 4 of the 5 matches. I think we need to see what Sturridge can do as a striker at some point.

This was a terrific turnaround and a lovely win. But this shouldnt blind us from the fact that we have some issues we need to resolve.

1. We most definatley have CF issue. Torres just isnt looking sharp at all and to think that he can have Chelsea on his shoulders like Droga had is just mad.

2. We definatley need a RW. Ramires cant keep playing there, that has been absolutley clear. Hulk or Moses is a MUST.

3. Out double pivot worries me. Mikel has been awful, Lampard doesnt fit there and is on the decline. Essien was good in pre-season but I fear that was just temporary. I dont know what is going on with Romeu, but unless he will be part of RDMs plans we definatley need a defensive minded DM. None of our choices there atm are that good.

With Azpi looking set to join us, and im pretty sure Moses or Hulk is too, I think the next choice would be to sign a DM. If not someone who is at the top (like Modric to name one) then at least look at someone young and cheap. In my opinion, that is better than nothing. After that, we should look for a CF. That is the order of prio imo.

Last, we should try to sell Meireles, Ferreira and possibly Malouda. The best scenario would be to include them in a deal player+cash.

no chances were made by Reading on Ivanovic's side, Cole made more mistakes

That's not true. He failed to contain McAnuff who was threatening throughout the game. In fact, Reading's second goal came from a free kick McAnuff drew, and Ivanovic probably should have done better initially before JT had to come in and foul McAnuff.

Tbh, i don't think torres was as bad as some people make it. Granted he needs to be better, and his finishing touch was lacking at times this evening, don't think he should be benched just yet as we have danny as the only other option atm... Obviously if we suddenly buy cavani then it will happen but torres really should have had two tap ins today (Rambo should have passed early on), and that would probably change the opinion of many... Don't get me wrong i am not saying he is playing well but i don't think he should be benched yet. Danny was quite good when he came on, and i would like to see him given a bit more time in place of torres if he is not firing after 60 mins.

Who is all these youngsters your talking about and who has not been patiant with them?

Certainly not me. Support our players, no matter what name or color their skin are.

And yes, Drogba left as a legend, but there was nothing that could point to that after his first two years at our club, even though we were the best team in the world those years.

Drogba was pretty young, was new to the country, league, language and everything. He deserved a chance. Torres is 28. He know the language, the league, he has been dubbed as one of the best strikers in the world and still cant cut it after staying here in almost 2 seasons.

That's not true. He failed to contain McAnuff who was threatening throughout the game. In fact, Reading's second goal came from a free kick McAnuff drew, and Ivanovic probably should have done better initially before JT had to come in and foul McAnuff.

yeah but the foul came from the the middle where JT and Cahill are positioned. Cole for me, made more mistakes

Reading basically parked the bus against us, today.

It's hard for a man like Torres to score in such circumstances. He's the kind of striker that needs spaces. He tried to create some of that, mostly in the first half (remember that beautiful action when his shot was blocked). He also had a few decent shots blocked by the Reading's defenders. I think one of those shots was blocked by the hand and we should've got a penalty given.

Anyway, the point is that he tried today. He wasn't a ghost on the field. Just like he wasn't a ghost when we played against Wigan. And most importantly he scored the goal that took us ahead. Lucky, pathetic, Inzaghi style, sweaty goal, whatever. It doesn't matter.. He scored, he is our main striker, we need to keep our faith and trust that he will finally shine in the blue jersey.

Overall a very mediocre performance but at this point of the season, all that matters are the three points and I'm glad we got that today. Plenty of time to improve the performances later on when all the new players have had time to settle in and everyone is 100% fit.

yeah but the foul came from the the middle where JT and Cahill are positioned. Cole for me, made more mistakes

Actually, I'm pretty sure it happened in the area between JT and Ivanovic. Ivanovic let him run past him too easily, and JT had to foul him. Anyway, Cole didn't impress me either today or last Sunday.

Reading basically parked the bus against us, today.

It's hard for a man like Torres to score in such circumstances. He's the kind of striker that needs spaces.

Reading certainly did not "park the bus". They looked to attack and actually were pretty impressive for a newly promoted side.