Wigan 0-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

Totally Agree with people here who were frustrated by Cech's inability to use intelligence in the game, always launching the ball long and high, resulting in a loss of posession.

There were also a few times where, while cech could have picked the ball up and started a counter, instead he chested it and kicked it around and waited for the Wigan player to close him down, and then picked up the ball. Then he launched it and we lost possession. His greatest asset is his throw, which too, he got horribly wrong and almost gave away a goal.

Our defence looked stronger as a group. but there were way too many individual errors happening there, and that is worrying. They need to get in sync fast.

Cech also saved the game for us by making some crucial saves, as they could have easily levelled the score, if not for a few brilliant saves, and some bad finishing and crossing by Wigan.

The worrying bit is that it could have so easily become 2-2 with the way the play was going and they were creating chance after chance, and been a repeat of last season,i.e. dropping points in the last 15 mins.

It is concerning and worrying that after scoring those 2 goals in 7 minutes, we switched off. There is a difference between Energy conservation and Switching off. Its a bad football culture/style chelsea has picked up over the last few years and we need to be like champions again, and play for the kill.

My views.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus so much hate of Fernando. Guy had a goal cleared off the line, a penalty disallowed and provided pretty good movement up front. Service to him was not great, but hey it's the first game of the season so you expect some rustiness. Give him a chance...

Jesus so much hate of Fernando. Guy had a goal cleared off the line, a penalty disallowed and provided pretty good movement up front. Service to him was not great, but hey it's the first game of the season so you expect some rustiness. Give him a chance..

Find it odd how he gets so much stick from fans online, yet like yesterday, the fans at the games will always chant his name and support the guy.

In my opinion, we saw a brief glimpse of what we're hoping to create this season. Hazard had a stunning start, which resulted in 2 quick goals. Of course that meant that RDM was able to sit back and watch the game out, which clearly showed that we have lots of aspects to work on. But hey, who expected that we were going to absolutely dominate opposition from the start? Not me. Torres was invisible in the first half for me, but had some good chances who, with a tiny bit of luck, would have turned out to be a goal. Wigan is not a walkover opponent, and we know that. I thought especially Moses looked sharp, and I know see why we are interested. Could turn out to be a good player, if not, at least adding depth to the squad.

Can't wait till we face Reading. Hoping to see some more of Oscar, he seems very mature, considering his age. UP CHELS! :D

Find it odd how he gets so much stick from fans online, yet like yesterday, the fans at the games will always chant his name and support the guy.

Because most of them don't attend games, I don't travel away often but ive a season ticket and I've yet to hear anyone complain about him. Funny thing is they moaned like crazy about Drogba.

good to know some hear still see some light in torres, and for all u who are saying bad performance it all about timing they all can not just click in a flash, let have some more games which i think give time to get flow on the pitch and correction of some error. Like some one all u keyboard worriors conplain and fill TC with all your fcukin option about player and their bad performance go kill yourself for you are not a CFC board member. They see more than you do so stop morn your ass off

the only complaint about torres is the lack of supply to him. same as last season, for some reason we dont get the ball to him. i can't remember a time in the first half when he touched the ball. I can only recall his shot being cleared off the line, him being fouled on the edge of the box and him coming to recieve a throw in. It's not his fault, he just doesnt get any supply...

on the topic of fouling... Hazard. he got fouled loads. and a lot of these fouls prevented decent attacks where it would have resulted on a chance on goal. we see a lot of this on small nifty players such has Hazard, Silva, Mata, Messi etc and players only seem to get booked after their 3rd trip so they jsut keep doing it which ruins the game... i think it may be time to take a leaf out of the other leagues rule books and become stricter because it ruins the flow of the game and prevents chances; which is the entertaining part of football!

Those moaning about Cech, its goalkeeping tactics 101. it draws the opposition players forward to bring on pressure (if done properly, play it at the back, drag 3 - 4 players up, pass to the keeper who launches it which immiedietly takes out 4 players from the game, and if we were to gain posession we would have 4 less players to get the ball pass). but ya, the kicking wasnt as accurate as it might have been.

the start of the game was brilliant and i thoguth we would have another 8-0 on our hands, but the tempo slowed and we get back to that defensive state. Oscar came on and showed a lot of energy (hopefully this wasnt just the hype of his debut and wanting to make an impression) and if he can keep that up hes going to be a great game changer. the only worry his when closing down players, not to leave other players open, he often left the player he was marking to close down other people which could be a problem further down the field.

Moses annoyed me. i dont want him at Chelsea. he certainly has potential, but i dont think he will ever become better or as good as any of the wingers we have at the moment. would just be a waste of money.

I'd say the main focus should be on supplying Torres. i must say, Torres' movement wasn't as good has it normally was, and i think Hazard and Oscar have a great eye for a pass, so hopefully, with time and traning these guys connect like Mata and Torres began to at the end of last season.

comfortable, good clean sheet and had Hazard and Ivanovic are in my fantasy team. good start!

CFC!

Not the best of performance with keeping the ball properly still a massive issue! However, we won, kept a clean sheet and got that 3 points to halt the recent run of poor results. Really need to build on it in the next 2 games before facing Atletico Madrid.

And here's the MOTD highlights of the game.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsxh4g_wigan-athletic-v-chelsea_sport

Totally Agree with people here who were frustrated by Cech's inability to use intelligence in the game, always launching the ball long and high, resulting in a loss of posession.

There were also a few times where, while cech could have picked the ball up and started a counter, instead he chested it and kicked it around and waited for the Wigan player to close him down, and then picked up the ball. Then he launched it and we lost possession. His greatest asset is his throw, which too, he got horribly wrong and almost gave away a goal.

Our defence looked stronger as a group. but there were way too many individual errors happening there, and that is worrying. They need to get in sync fast.

Cech also saved the game for us by making some crucial saves, as they could have easily levelled the score, if not for a few brilliant saves, and some bad finishing and crossing by Wigan.

The worrying bit is that it could have so easily become 2-2 with the way the play was going and they were creating chance after chance, and been a repeat of last season,i.e. dropping points in the last 15 mins.

It is concerning and worrying that after scoring those 2 goals in 7 minutes, we switched off. There is a difference between Energy conservation and Switching off. Its a bad football culture/style chelsea has picked up over the last few years and we need to be like champions again, and play for the kill.

My views.

it was not really cech's mistake. he tried to play short but we kept losing the ball as was evident even with cech's stupid throw. we simply lacked a plan with goal kicks in 2nd half when wigan absolutely pressed us. after that u cant blame cech for being safe.

it was not really cech's mistake. he tried to play short but we kept losing the ball as was evident even with cech's stupid throw. we simply lacked a plan with goal kicks in 2nd half when wigan absolutely pressed us. after that u cant blame cech for being safe.

Well you're right in a way, and i hope if we as fans can see it, hopefully RDM sees it as well....

For all the Reinforcements and improvements we are doing in our attack, the basics of getting it out of defence and to our attackers needs to be sorted our fast.

Our DM's and Defence cannot handle it when they are being pressed and pressurised by oponents, whether its no one making themselves available for a pass or not, dont know..... but some serious work must be done behind the scenes to get some sort of methods and plays of taking it forward in a fluidic fashion.

Well you're right in a way, and i hope if we as fans can see it, hopefully RDM sees it as well....

For all the Reinforcements and improvements we are doing in our attack, the basics of getting it out of defence and to our attackers needs to be sorted our fast.

Our DM's and Defence cannot handle it when they are being pressed and pressurised by oponents, whether its no one making themselves available for a pass or not, dont know..... but some serious work must be done behind the scenes to get some sort of methods and plays of taking it forward in a fluidic fashion.

luiz can be our man to take the ball out but somehow i get the feeling that terry as a fellow defender does not really trust luiz (very understandable) and constraints him a lot(again, understandable). but we ll have to risk something to not losing the ball 90% from goalkicks and cech's throws.

i am shocked to see that bertrand got just 2 votes for motm and just 1 apart from me. i thought the guy was great, covering cole, showing some of his tricks up front and brilliant workrate. hazard was phenomenol but his effect waned wen he tried to do just too much towards the end and mid of 1st half.

All in all a good day! 2 up after 7 minutes hazard with 2 assists team played very silky football at times still look a lil loose at the back but we was playing wigan and was 2 up early so I think the boys got a bit complaceant! Moses looked very sharp caused a lot of problems looks well worth 9 million of anyones money!!! Hazard was brilliant 1st half and when oscar came on he looked very classy! Even mikel had a decent game lol!!! Bring on reading!