Oscar

themightyblue

As poor as he was yesterday, we were far poorer without him on the pitch. As soon as he came off we couldn't keep hold of the ball. That said, his passing in the final 3rd really annoys me. I mea even simple passes he was getting wrong.

This one in particular pissed me off. https://mid.vncdn.co/vine/videos/14793D711C1138497838137958400_3ffca1b740e.0.0.10594276347886385080.mp4

Such an easy pass and gets the weight of it woefully wrong and forces Eden away from the goal.

To be fair there were worst passes from him yesterday. I was more annoyed with the one which was intercepted by a Utd defender before it reached Drogba because he didn't put enough power in it. It would have been a great chance.

As poor as he was yesterday, we were far poorer without him on the pitch. As soon as he came off we couldn't keep hold of the ball. That said, his passing in the final 3rd really annoys me. I mea even simple passes he was getting wrong.

This one in particular pissed me off. https://mid.vncdn.co/vine/videos/14793D711C1138497838137958400_3ffca1b740e.0.0.10594276347886385080.mp4

Such an easy pass and gets the weight of it woefully wrong and forces Eden away from the goal.

That is just so bad; it's even worse than I remembered it. It should be the most simple of simple passes and yet he completely and utterly destroys the chance. That's the kind of pass you expect even average players to make with their eyes closed. Inexcusable stuff really.

3/4 is a generous estimate. If he gets it past them they usually recover anyway before he's decided what to do with the ball.

True. Seeing pacey players not making use of their speed is always such a shame.

I can't think of any Chelsea player that has been more overrated than Oscar. I don't think I'll ever see great attacking player in him despite some glorious free kicks, goals and assists now and then. He shouldn't be near the final three/ four in the team aspiring to achieve something in Europa against Real, Barca, Bayern, in particular. To be fair, the same can be said about Willian, Schurrle ( maybe even Ramires) but none of these players are nearly as appreciated as Oscar is.

He will come handy against smaller teams, when he can do what he does best, hustling opposition while he has Hazard, Fabregas and Costa to do attacking work and score goals.

But top teams, who find the way to mark Fabregas, will probably expose the real Oscar - the one almost ineffective in attacking sense.

That is if he plays.

This Oscar some people around here want, the guy with lots of creativity, great touches, an assist machine... who cannot defend to save his life... well that was Juan Mata!

Yet Oscar stayed and Mata is gone. So, it really comes down to jose's preferences as to how his squad should play and the characteristics of the players in the starting XI.

Reckon that what people dislike about Oscar, that he is too defensive in the AM position, is exactly what Jose wants from him.

Which brings me to my last point: perhaps Oscar cannot do ALL defensive work that Jose asks him to do AND produce as much when going forward; I mean something's gotta give and perhaps Oscar is indeed sacrificing himself for the team.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working.

Yeah having a creative RW will magically erase the bad passing game he had against Man U... people sometimes.

If we have a creative RW, which Willian isn't, would take pressure of him and Hazard to be creative. It would help, don't be silly.

If we have a creative RW, which Willian isn't, would take pressure of him and Hazard to be creative. It would help, don't be silly.

It goes both way's, Oscar has never been mister creative.