Oscar

themightyblue

Sigh can we lock this thread for a few days until people get some perspective...

As I mentioned earlier it's impossible for a player to be amazing for 90 minutes every match - what we are going to get this season is 15-20 minute spells where the magic happens and the remaining minutes spent defending and trying but not achieving much.

I think this is fair - what I would like to see is that value growing to 25-30 mins by the end of the season - that will be real progress.

Yes Oscar was poor, so was Hazard, Matic and Fabregas - BUT they all turned it round second half.

Ramires and William came on to tired legs and I like that - their pace really hammers home any advantage we have on the counter.

Let's support our players for a change - why do we always need a scapegoat for every performance?

PREACH!!!![emoji119]

Which regular starter in recent times has been as inconsistent as oscar after torres?

How many regular starters in recent times were in the team as a regular starter in there early 20s? Hazard, Robben, Oscar, Mikel is all that I can think off for the Roman era off the top of my head.

its what we can expect from young players, you are a big advocate of giving youth a chance aren't you? If we start doing that more often (whether thats academy or from abroad) then expect some more cases like Oscar because there will be lots.

Based on what? You must have really low standard and easily impressed. So you would put him in the same bracket as iniesta,Silva,reus,robben,bale,muller,ozil,di maria, James,hazard et al?

if he played like he did in the first few months of last year i would consider him world class. especially if you add his defensive abilities.

is he a player I would consider world class? no, overall; his game hasn't even been good to play for Chelsea since he came here. But from his form at Brazil (before World cup) and the little flashes he's shown in a blue shirt, I think he has world class potential.

and if i compare oscar to the guys you listed:

iniesta,robben,balehazard- Oscar will never be as good as these guys but he doesn't have to. I consider Mata World class and he'll never be as good as these guys either

Silva,reus,muller,ozil,di maria, -- theses guys are all better than Oscar, but aren't exactly miles away from Oscar on form either. especially if you consider Oscar's defensive wrokrate

James, -- only seen him at the WC idk much else about him.

So what??? He can play 20 good minutes in 8 months. Cant u just see the positives.

Who cares if he had a bad 8 months. Yeah he had a bad first half but so did everyone else. The only thing important is that he is starting to perform now.

If you're going to keep dwelling on his past, what about the first half of last year when was brilliant?

if he played like he did in the first few months of last year i would consider him world class. especially if you add his defensive abilities.

is he a player I would consider world class? no, overall; his game hasn't even been good to play for Chelsea since he came here. But from his form at Brazil (before World cup) and the little flashes he's shown in a blue shirt, I think he has world class potential.

and if i compare oscar to the guys you listed:

iniesta,robben,balehazard- Oscar will never be as good as these guys but he doesn't have to. I consider Mata World class and he'll never be as good as these guys either

Silva,reus,muller,ozil,di maria, -- theses guys are all better than Oscar, but aren't exactly miles away from Oscar on form either. especially if you consider Oscar's defensive wrokrate

James, -- only seen him at the WC idk much else about him.

Why can't he ever be as good as Robben, Bale, Hazard? I agree he won't reach the heights of Iniesta though.

So what??? He can play 20 good minutes in 8 months. Cant u just see the positives.

You dont like his play I see, but tell me what exactly do you expect from him?

That goes to all that have something against Oscar btw...

Who cares if he had a bad 8 months. Yeah he had a bad first half but so did everyone else. The only thing important is that he is starting to perform now.

If you're going to keep dwelling on his past, what about the first half of last year when was brilliant?

Who cares? I bloody care. He was supposed to be our no.1 no.10 for whome we sold mata and kdb and he was poor in the most important part of the season. Eho cares??? :lol:

Its not that I don't like his play. He is a differebt type of no.10. He has 2 goals and 2 assists this season. But even though he dint assist last match, he was good in thr 2nd half. His link up play and his contribution to the attack is his strong points imo. But he has been poor on that too. He does his headless chicken act most of the ganes and gets by on the "workrate" argument. But considering the role he has got and the kind of players he has replaced and our on the bench for him, he should be doing a lot more contribution to the attack than he currently is.

But co

They want him to play like Hazard or end up winning games . The lack of Mikel and Torres means, the blame has to fall on someone even after a 2-0 win. That's how the clock ticks.

We shall decide when things need locking up. Right now it hasn't descended into the Lampard thread just yet but I was watching things carefully last night in here and it was becoming close.

Remember this, keep on track, don't attack people because of their opinions and be civil. This will remain open for now but myself and other staff members will be watching closely.

Thanks.

Who cares? I bloody care. He was supposed to be our no.1 no.10 for whome we sold mata and kdb and he was poor in the most important part of the season. Eho cares??? :lol:

Now I see you are one of those who hold grudges for Oscar because he "supposedly" was the reason for sale of mata and kdb.

Now I see you are one of those who hold grudges for Oscar because he "supposedly" was the reason for sale of mata and kdb.

Could not care less about kdb. As for holding a grudge. I ll hold one for him going awol at the moment we needed him most