Oscar

themightyblue

people like barbara asking fans to "get behind oscar". can someone just go to the rambo thread and read some of here comments!!!

and still when he does something slightly good technically, I praise him.

Ramires - unlike Oscar - doesn't have consistency issues, he has technical issues and isn't a player to be starting nearly all matches for a team as big as Chelsea, but it's a great squad member to have for certain kind of matches that favor his style. That's said there with all words. And I won't deny his lack of technique pisses me off. I don't have patience for certain things... stupid people, non-technical players, dirty players, Pep Guardiola etc... it's bigger than me.

But I'm against selling him and I can praise him and done in the past. But he needs to be born again to be considered a technical player.

my last two posts on Ramires' thread are clear where I stand about him

Are people basing the idea that Ramires is going to feature in most matches because of this friendly? honest question.

Neither Azpili nor Luís started and Iva was in the RB... Also I doubt we'll feature a 4-2-3-1 with Ramires as one of the AMs in the majority of the matches. He can play a role and he does it well in big matches when played in the position. I think he's good playing as the second midfielder in a 4-3-3 (don't like him as first or third though, although he doesn't compromise technically as first). He was good today, he has been good in many matches for us, but let's not forget this was Real Sociedad... they weren't impressive marking, they had ups and down pressing and they weren't as physical as teams will be in EPL. When all those things happen - and they happen quite often in England - Ramires misplaces more passes and his shortcomings are more visible.

Last season he was useful and good for us in big matches because we gave the ball to the opposition. He's much better off the ball than on the ball. He can pick a pass, the same way he can score a wonderful goal. The problem is the occurrence of those two things.

I value him in the squad, but that's where I think he's worth, in the squad, not in the first team for the majority of matches, let alone for all matches.

What Mourinho thinks or does, I don't know. But as unimpressive as Willian or Oscar have been creatively, I'd rather play them than Ramires in the wings, especially if Schurrle plays. Schurrle has the pace Ramires has (not saying literally) and decent work-rate and he has many things Ramires doesn't. If we're taking the route I think we are, we'll be much less defensive oriented this season. We'll go back to plan Mourinho had up to December last season and in that plan Ramires is needed in the lineup in some specific situations, not in a daily basis.

People are missing the plot with Ramires in all honesty. We used to have Mikel, aging (and many times injured) Lamps, improvised David Luiz and Ramires as pivot options. It's no wonder he was a nailed starter then. It's not wonder we've spend literally seasons complaining about our pivot.

But then they think Mourinho is stupid enough to bring improvement and still keep Ramires as the first name in his lineup (as if he ever was). We finally have top class #6 and #8 people want Ramires to still start and they assume Mourinho will want that too. If that's the case why did we sign Matic and Cesc? If Mourinho was so happy with Ramires, there's no reason to bring those two guys. I'm not saying Ramires won't play an important role. He will start some profile of matches, whether it's a 4-2-3-1 replacing Cesc or in a 4-3-3 moving Oscar to the bench. He will come as a sub in many other matches, but this 'first name in the team sheet' BS is hard to understand now that we have nearly world-class players in the two positions Ramires plays the most. Our wingers options are also better than him, but he offers the athletic aspect Mourinho loves and until the team is there, Ramires will have an important role. The day this is a well oiled machine, his role in the team will be more and more secondary because by then we won't be the team 'scared' of facing stronger or more dangerous sides. We'll be the stronger, more dangerous side ourselves and that's when Ramires becomes much less important, but as of now, he's still important, but I'm willing to bet he won't start as many matches as he did in the past. It would make our improvements in the pivot null and void...

Much more supportive of the Chelsea player than most things I read about Oscar in this thread, even though Oscar is the best player between the two of them (imo). Both players had a good start of season last year and had terrible matches from January on. Still I rate Oscar higher than Ramires...

and still when he does something slightly good technically, I praise him.

Ramires - unlike Oscar - doesn't have consistency issues, he has technical issues and isn't a player to be starting nearly all matches for a team as big as Chelsea, but it's a great squad member to have for certain kind of matches that favor his style. That's said there with all words. And I won't deny his lack of technique pisses me off. I don't have patience for certain things... stupid people, non-technical players, dirty players, Pep Guardiola etc... it's bigger than me.

But I'm against selling him and I can praise him and done in the past. But he needs to be born again to be considered a technical player.

when he does something slightly good technically u praise him, yet when he does something slightly bad, there are essays written of how bad he is.

considering that, if u had actually watched the first half today, i expected a 10 page long post from u about oscar.

when he does something slightly good technically u praise him, yet when he does something slightly bad, there are essays written of how bad he is.

considering that, if u had actually watched the first half today, i expected a 10 page long post from u about oscar.

She has said before Oscar was shit when he actually was shit. You have been focusing only on his negatives here. Oscar is a starter for Chelsea and Brasil for a reason. :)

She has said before Oscar was shit when he actually was shit. You have been focusing only on his negatives here. Oscar is a starter for Chelsea and Brasil for a reason. :)

i dont think she said so. infact, she has actually voted for oscar as her MOTM in the match thread.

oscar is the no.1 no.10 for chelsea and brazil cos he has "potential" something which he is clearly not reproducing on the pitch. no.10s are supposed to be the most important players of the team oscar is far from it right now.

infact oscar is not a no.10 like ozil and mata are. he wont have their number of goals and assists. what he does have is phenomenol workrate and most importantly link up play. but on days like these when his touches and decision making is as bad as it was, he becomes a liability to the team. he is the main link between our defence and the forwards, and when he plays poor, the team will tend to be poor.

also, any positives from this 20 minute spell can not outweigh the immense number of negatives that oscar has had over the 8 months.

i dont think she said so. infact, she has actually voted for oscar as her MOTM in the match thread.

oscar is the no.1 no.10 for chelsea and brazil cos he has "potential" something which he is clearly not reproducing on the pitch. no.10s are supposed to be the most important players of the team oscar is far from it right now.

infact oscar is not a no.10 like ozil and mata are. he wont have their number of goals and assists. what he does have is phenomenol workrate and most importantly link up play. but on days like these when his touches and decision making is as bad as it was, he becomes a liability to the team. he is the main link between our defence and the forwards, and when he plays poor, the team will tend to be poor.

also, any positives from this 20 minute spell can not outweigh the immense number of negatives that oscar has had over the 8 months.

your opinion not automatically the fact

your opinion not automatically the fact

which part exactly?

the part that she voted for oscar as motm?

or the part that oscar has a lot of "potential" but has not yet reproduced it!!! or maybe this is the best of oscar we have been seeing for the past 8 months now

or that he does score goals/assist as much as ozil/mata? those are facts!!!

which part exactly?

the part that she voted for oscar as motm?

or the part that oscar has a lot of "potential" but has not yet reproduced it!!! or maybe this is the best of oscar we have been seeing for the past months now

or that he does score goals/assist as much as ozil/mata? those are facts!!!

THE IMMENSE NUMBER OF NEGATIVES ... not a fact your one eyed opinion

out of interest, if there was an indian on our team, you would naturally want him to do well right?

go to the first page of the match thread. i said "my team". and oscar simply proved why it would have been the best thing. but like i said, lets wait for the everton game for what team jose sends out. and for chelsea's sake i hope it does not have oscar anywhere near it.

it snot just about winning combo but actually gicing a fair chance. and both of us know jose enough to know that he loves sticking to a the same team. infact forget about jose, most of the teams that played today played the same team that they played last week. u just dont go chop and change after one game. common sense, i would say so.

cos none of the players' performances was as horrendous as oscar. none of them have been a tenth as poor as oscar has been over the course of 8 months. how difficult is that to understand? :lol: dont u worry about me. i will still support chelsea. whats more i still support torres when he is on the pitch as much asi would support iva. but considering some of your comments and posts, i know how u would react if our "golden boy" does not start, especially for rambo.

You obviously didn't watch the game, and if you did, you probably didn't watch the second half.

I really rate Oscar and thought he was the best player for Brazil in the WC after Neymar got injured. I also think he is our best #10. He didn't have a great overall game, but he had a couple of good chances. I think Willian should get a shot on the 10 role next game.