Oscar

themightyblue

i dont think she said so. infact, she has actually voted for oscar as her MOTM in the match thread.

oscar is the no.1 no.10 for chelsea and brazil cos he has "potential" something which he is clearly not reproducing on the pitch. no.10s are supposed to be the most important players of the team oscar is far from it right now.

infact oscar is not a no.10 like ozil and mata are. he wont have their number of goals and assists. what he does have is phenomenol workrate and most importantly link up play. but on days like these when his touches and decision making is as bad as it was, he becomes a liability to the team. he is the main link between our defence and the forwards, and when he plays poor, the team will tend to be poor.

also, any positives from this 20 minute spell can not outweigh the immense number of negatives that oscar has had over the 8 months.

I see but don't you think it's right that our club and manager wants a young player with high potential to develop and become an integral part of the team we are building ??

I would be a fool if I said Oscar is better than your preferred no. 10's Ozil/Mata but I know which of these players play for my team and therefore need to support the positives of him, not slate him for every mistake he does.

You obviously didn't watch the game, and if you did, you probably didn't watch the second half.

I did watch the game. Like I have watched every gane this year. 20minutes vs 8 months.

And again, why do people keep forgetting HOW poor he was in the first half. The number of times he lost the ball and made us circumspect to counters.

Yup - I wanted him hooked in the first half - but second half it looked like the 'real' Oscar turned up.

I cannot believe that c**t Tony Gayle made a GREAT COMMENT in yesterday's match.

He said - our coach told us - we might only get 6-7 games a season where everything clicks and all players are on it.

That's like 10% of the season..

I think we need to be realistic about this and understand we only need 15 mins of magic to score a few...

The longer we keep these players and the longer we keep Mourinho, I would expect that % to rise - but that's the reality right now.

I did watch the game. Like I have watched every gane this year. 20minutes vs 8 months.

And again, why do people keep forgetting HOW poor he was in the first half. The number of times he lost the ball and made us circumspect to counters.

I thought we were discussing today's game here, not the last 8 months? And why are you acting like he was the only poor player in the first half? Like he was the only player to lose the ball when plenty of others did the same?

I thought we were discussing today's game here, not the last 8 months? And why are you acting like he was the only poor player in the first half? Like he was the only player to lose the ball when plenty of others did the same?

we are discussing oscar here. which includes 20 minutes of good play and months of crap.

he was not our only poor player but he was the worst of our players. he is the link man for our attacks. azpi had his hands full and could not link up at all with hazard who was isolated for the majority of the 1st half, schurrle is more of a runner. the onus will always be on oscar and cesc to build an attack but when your main man loses the ball almost every time he touches it, the team is bound to look poor. hence the reaction. he is someone who is not going to score and assist much, but he is important in the build up and the link up play. but when he puts in such performance, its not schocking that we looked this poor in the first half.

But he is important in the build up and the link up play. but when he puts in such performance, its not schocking that we looked this poor in the first half.

And no one disagrees with that. But it wasn't just him who was poor in the first - our other midfield generals in Matic and Fabregas lost numerous of balls themselves. It's like you're pinning the bad first half performance solely on Oscar which is completely untrue. There were others who were just as poor, if not even worse. It's just incredible how you're just focusing on the poor (and almost completely blaming Oscar for the first half) and not giving Oscar any credit for turning around his performance.

And no one disagrees with that. But it wasn't just him who was poor in the first - our other midfield generals in Matic and Fabregas lost numerous of balls themselves. It's like you're pinning the bad first half performance solely on Oscar which is completely untrue. There were others who were just as poor, if not even worse. It's just incredible how you're just focusing on the poor (and almost completely blaming Oscar for the first half) and not giving Oscar any credit for turning around his performance.

there was someone worse? who exactly?

also what does "20 minutes of good play" mean??? i am giving him the credit he deserves. congratualtions to him on playing 20 minutes of good football after 45 minutes of pathetic and 82 minutes of average football. i ma focusing on the poor cos there are so many of them to focus on!!! there are 2 things which are the most important aspects of a great football player, consistency and attitude, something which oscar has been lacking for a long time now.

he might not have been the sole reason for our poor first half performance but as far as i can remember he should be taking the lion's share of the blame.

4 successful tackles, Matic had 5, considering how badly we were being gunned down with Hazard isolated and Schurrle not exactly making runs that could be picked out. 1) Fabregas didn't make one successfully . He'll obviously be more assertive as the season progresses on though. That will eventually happen.

2)Schurrle was pretty wasteful in front of goal. In situations where we could have kept the ball flowing. 3)Hazard didn't feel like coming in centrally too much too, that probably hurt us more as both Cesc and Oscar didn't have much to keep the ball rotate around. Azpi looked a bit nervous too at the start, which I think is mostly cause Leicester know to push him on to his weaker foot.

4) Edit : Not to mention Fabregas made 13 backward passes.

1) This is not true. I remember him making at least one successful tackle. But Oscar did put on more tackles and was generally good at pressing.

2) This is true. Andre was probably the worst of all our players. So many wasted shots. Sometimes it feels like he prefers to shoot no matter what instead of looking for his teammates.

3)Noticed that too.

4) 13 backward passes out of 77 passes is hardly a lot. Matic had 14 backward passes out of 63 passes. Oscar made 10 backward passes out of 42.

1) This is not true. I remember him making at least one successful tackle. But Oscar did put on more tackles and was generally good at pressing.

2) This is true. Andre was probably the worst of all our players. So many wasted shots. Sometimes it feels like he prefers to shoot no matter what instead of looking for his teammates.

3)Noticed that too.

4) 13 backward passes out 77 passes is hardly a lot. Matic had 14 backward passes out of 63 passes. Oscar made 10 backward passes out of 42.

1. Talking about first half.

2. Sometimes it really helps, because others hesitate too. It's the timing that he's getting wrong.

3. I was only talking about the first half actually. The ratio for players decreases with the number of passes they make, mostly because all three were largely pinned back as the opposition blocked the lanes. That's what Burnley failed to do. Still a lot of work to do.

The thing is that this is Oscar's third (!) season with us and he doesn't seem to turn into that world class player that we all want him to be. That's why people are worried, because the expectations from him are very high.

If you ask me, same goes for Hazard, who still hasn't fulfilled his potential. He's good, but not as good as he could be. But I have faith that Eden will become a world class player soon enough.

The thing is that this is Oscar's third (!) season with us and he doesn't seem to turn into that world class player that we all want him to be. That's why people are worried, because the expectations from him are very high.

If you ask me, same goes for Hazard, who still hasn't fulfilled his potential. He's good, but not as good as he could be. But I have faith that Eden will become a world class player soon enough.

The first 6 months of 2013-14 season he is immense. One of the reason why we sold Mata.

The first 6 months of 2013-14 season he is immense. One of the reason why we sold Mata.

Not the primary one but. Oscar has a wider channel to grow into, and not remain limited. That's more like the secondary reason, with the primary being that Mata couldn't fit into the plan.