Oscar

themightyblue

No matter how hard you try to mask mediocrity and distort reality, the truth always prevail in the end and more people are finally waking up to smell the coffee. And I see oscar's apologist are still referencing his "brilliant start to the season in 13/14" as some sort of excuse for his abject mediocrity since he joined much the same way they used that infamous Juventus performance for the whole of 12/13 season.

The funny thing is these are the same people that criticise (d) and scrutinise (d) players who have done far more and showed better consistency and reliability for us over the years i.e Ramires,Mikel,Kalou et al.

let's see how far they milk his "2nd half performance against Leicester" for all it is worth.

I don't often agree with didierforerver but he's been absolutely spot on so far on the pathetic double standard on this forum.

No matter how hard you try to mask mediocrity and distort reality, the truth always prevail in the end and more people are finally waking up to smell the coffee. And I see oscar's apologist are still referencing his "brilliant start to the season in 13/14" as some sort of excuse for his abject mediocrity since he joined much the same way they used that infamous Juventus performance for the whole of 12/13 season.

The funny thing is these are the same people that criticise (d) and scrutinise (d) players who have done far more and showed better consistency and reliability for us over the years i.e Ramires,Mikel,Kalou et al.

I don't often agree with didierforerver but he's been absolutely spot on so far on the pathetic double standard on this forum.

so let me be really precise about it.

We had 5/6 collective really good chances in the second half (as Hazard's goal was a genius individual goal). Oscar assisted one (the pass to Schurrle in a through ball from defense), Oscar's own shot on the wood (from which came a second chance a few seconds later, but I'm counting them separately), Iva's header and Costa goal - that started with a through ball by Oscar and Cesc's curler - that I don't remember if Oscar was involved or not before Iva's assist. That's him being involved directly in 3 out of our 5/6 best chances created... DIRECTLY.

Yep, I see your point just fine...

As someone said, if the ball to Schurrle and the ball to Ivanovic had been done by Cesc or Willian or whoever, people would be fapping about it, but it was little uncreative and average Oscar, they're brushed off as nothing.

The funny thing is these are the same people that criticise (d) and scrutinise (d) players who have done far more and showed better consistency and reliability for us over the years i.e Ramires,Mikel,Kalou. I don't often agree with didierforerver but he's been absolutely spot on so far on the pathetic double standard on this forum.

What is didierforever discussing though? How average Oscar's been over the last 7/8 months or so? No one disagrees with that (at least to my knowledge) - hence why I don't get his argument whatsoever. Why is he even bringing that up? People are isolating Oscar's singular performance from yesterday and discussing that and he's getting his knickers in a twist because some have just come on here and commended that Oscar did well to turn around his bad first half. His argument is nonsense IMO. Whether you like it or not, Oscar was instrumental in our win yesterday as he created chances (one that ended up as a goal - his delicate pass to Ivanovic) and his shot that hit the post, also the Schurrle chance... Why is it so bad to commend him for that?

And you can't put me personally in the "double standards" bracket with your examples because I've backed Ramires and Mikel numerous times on the forum. I call it how I see it fairly I like to believe and I can tell you straight that df's argument is just a strange one. He's getting angry because people are commending Oscar for a nice 2nd half saying we can't forget his first half and basically insinuating that he was by far the worst player and that the bad first half performance was mostly on him and that's absolute bollocks IMO.

let's see how far they milk his "2nd half performance against Leicester" for all it is worth.

so I suppose EVERYONE who doesn't share ALL your views have pathetic double standards

so let me be really precise about it.

We had 5/6 collective really good chances in the second half (as Hazard's goal was a genius individual goal). Oscar assisted one (the pass to Schurrle in a through ball from defense), Oscar's own shot on the wood (from which came a second chance a few seconds later, but I'm counting them separately), Iva's header and Costa goal - that started with a through ball by Oscar and Cesc's curler - that I don't remember if Oscar was involved or not before Iva's assist. That's him being involved directly in 3 out of our 5/6 best chances created... DIRECTLY.

Yep, I see your point just fine...

As someone said, if the ball to Schurrle and the ball to Ivanovic had been done by Cesc or Willian or whoever, people would be fapping about it, but it was little uncreative and average Oscar, they're brushed off as nothing.

I haven't said he wasn't good in the 2nd half. despite my style of posting, I give credit where its due and he was good in the 2nd half but that's besides the point. I was referring to how his overall woeful performance and inconsistency since he joined doesn't justify his status as a regular starter and how posters milk the hell out of isolated performances to justify his overall woeful ones throughout the season.

I can't remember a Chelsea starter as woefully inconsistent as Oscar apart from Torres (between 2011-2014)He shouldn't be starting matches for us as he doesn't do enough to merit it and people cut him some slacks far too much. that's my argument.

What is didierforever discussing though? How average Oscar's been over the last 7/8 months or so? No one disagrees with that (at least to my knowledge) - hence why I don't get his argument whatsoever. Why is he even bringing that up? People are isolating Oscar's singular performance from yesterday and discussing that and he's getting his knickers in a twist because some have just come on here and commended that Oscar did well to turn around his bad first half. His argument is nonsense IMO. Whether you like it or not, Oscar was instrumental in our win yesterday as he created chances (one that ended up as a goal - his delicate pass to Ivanovic) and his shot that hit the post, also the Schurrle chance... Why is it so bad to commend him for that?

And you can't put me personally in the "double standards" bracket with your examples because I've backed Ramires and Mikel numerous times on the forum. I call it how I see it fairly I like to believe and I can tell you straight that df's argument is just a strange one. He's getting angry because people are commending Oscar for a nice 2nd half saying we can't forget his first half and basically insinuating that he was by far the worst player and that the bad first half performance was mostly on him and that's absolute bollocks IMO.

he was good in the 2nd half fair enough but there are more deserving players that should be starting ahead of him. His unremarkable inconsistency should never be overlooked and his ridiculous appearance stats since he joined is a strong indication that it does indeed get overlooked.

I haven't said he wasn't good in the 2nd half. despite my style of posting, I give credit where its due and he was good in the 2nd half but that's besides the point. I was referring to how his overall woeful performance and inconsistency since he joined doesn't justify his status as a regular starter and how posters milk the hell out of isolated performances to justify his overall woeful ones throughout the season.

I can't remember a Chelsea starter as woefully inconsistent as Oscar apart from Torres (between 2011-2014)He shouldn't be starting matches for us as he doesn't do enough to merit it and people cut him some slacks far too much. that's my argument.

Did you just put Oscar and Torres in the sentence/bracket or whatever? I rest my case then if Oscar's poorness is only second to Torres for you...

that 15min he had yesterday was probably the best 15 min any chelsea player has showed us this season. when the game opens up, he starts to play like the world class player he really is. He needs to play against Everton

This is turning into a thread very similar to one of our players!!! Like lionsden said "mikling" a 20 minute perfoance for all its worth.

Only milking the second half performance because you're milking the first half performance.

Which regular starter in recent times has been as inconsistent as oscar after torres?

I'm not even sure Torres is inconsistent. He's consistently bad with the odd average game in between. Oscar can look good at least. But which of our regular starters was 21/22 years old? Even Hazard, arguably our best player, has had his fair share of bad games, although not as many as Oscar. It is bound to happen with the majority of young players.

nope... last 8 months.

Why are you even discussing that? It's been discussed over and over and over again and the majority agree that Oscar was very average/poor from the 2nd half of last season. I don't understand why you keep bringing it up like everyone disagrees with you in that....

Very odd.

that 15min he had yesterday was probably the best 15 min any chelsea player has showed us this season. when the game opens up, he starts to play like the world class player he really is. He needs to play against Everton

You're putting Oscar in the same bracket as Robben, Ibrahimovic and Suarez. Congrats, you're like a Scouser wanking over Sterling!