Oscar

themightyblue

Oh dear thia is now getting beyond ridiculous. Almost as bad as the torres thread in the start of 2011-12 season when anyone who had the bloody balls of saying that torres was shit and useless, was ganged up on by his fanboys. Lets see how long this oscar charades go.

What you fail to realize is that Torres was the most expensive signing of the EPL, under massive wages and a player who should be supposedly at his prime or close to it, he should be carrying this team from the moment he joined but instead he's our worst player and someone we can't seem to get rid of. Oscar came for less than half Fernando's price, and as with any other young player, a great part of his price tag comes down to potential, not only his current level. And even then he has made the difference and won matches for us at times. They are two completely different situations and how can you not see it is beyond me or any rational human being.

You asked me why I was fixating on the 8 months. Should I have answered why I was doing so instaed of saying, see this was my original point???!!!!

When our lady barbara said that I was simply taking it up cos I wanted to save me face ( :lol:), then I went to my original post to show that THIS was indeed my original point.

Oh dear thia is now getting beyond ridiculous. Almost as bad as the torres thread in the start of 2011-12 season when anyone who had the bloody balls of saying that torres was shit and useless, was ganged up on by his fanboys. Lets see how long this oscar charades go.

you just said last page that his performance yesterday was the nail in the coffin when he was the player that was mostly involved in the best chances we created in the second as I broke down. You started attacking people for acknowledging he was good, that was your second post in the thread if you want to be literal about it. You worded in a way as if there was anyone trying to say that 20 minutes erased the second part of the season - which nobody did. Just because people didn't single him out in a stretch of time seemingly nobody played well - according to José our whole midfield was weak - and praised him for playing well in the second - which he clearly did given how he took part of the first goal and in two other clear chances - as if US, CHELSEA FANS were WRONG for praising OUR player for turning a bad presentation around and being instrumental coming back from half time. My main instance on this thread yesterday was how people chose to focus on 45 minutes of bad football - when it had been collective bad football - and not even recognize how he was one of the players that helped us to turn things around in the second. For me he's tied with Ivanovic in the second half performance. Both were our brightest players. that was the initial discussion here.

Then you gave the argument that the only reason he started against Burnley was because Ramires was suspended (and I do wonder whose fault was that in the first place...), but you didn't offer anything as to why Ramires didn't start the second then, only saying Mourinho wanted to keep the winning side. So in one hand Oscar is part of the starting eleven because he's part of what's considered the winning side, but on the other hand he was so awful against Burnley and then again against Leicester saved 20 minutes that he should be dropped promptly for Ramires... There's no logic that can conceive that he's kept because he was part of a winning side, but at the same time is horrible, unless you're calling Mourinho stupid or biased.

that was my point, Mourinho gave Oscar a second chance in the first match of the season after terrible months, then he probably thought Oscar did well and gave him yet another start. If he doesn't start against Everton it might have nothing to do with Mourinho being happy or unhappy with his performances (I doubt he's unhappy though) and more with the tactical plan for that match. There isn't a reason for Mourinho to be unhappy about him exclusively about the first half and Mourinho himself said the team was bad, Cesc said the team was bad, Cahill said the team was bad. Everyone agrees the team was bad in the first ahlf, so why should Mourinho or anyone else single out Oscar? Then in the second half Oscar was one of our best players, why would Mourinho be unhappy and see that performance as the nail in the coffin? Sorry if from my angle it makes no sense at all.

he's been crap for the past 8 months. he had a good 20min in the 2nd half and we hope to see more of that. But it's not like all the hope we have in Oscar was from that 20min; He was really good the first half of last year too.

no am not. I'm putting him in the category of being one of the top 10 AM in the world. I would consider that world class

Based on what? You must have really low standard and easily impressed. So you would put him in the same bracket as iniesta,Silva,reus,robben,bale,muller,ozil,di maria, James,hazard et al?

5 tackles, 1 post, key pass for the opener, running all game.

Not really sure what people want from him? I thought he finished his second game for us and was actually better! But I also thought he was good in the opener... He makes it possible for others to do more while still carrying a threat going forward. For £19.35m that is INCREDIBLE value, he brings so much to the team.

Comparing Oscar to Torres. We have found our RAWK thread.

As bad as Torres has been, he's also had some great games for us. besides no one is comparing the two of them. just that they are both extremely inconsistent which is a factual statement as the amount of good games Oscar has had since he joined can be counted on one hand figuratively speaking

but carry on with the selective reading as it suits your agenda.

sometimes I think the deluded scousers and gooners are preferable to the miserable pessimists on here.

it is difficult to refrain from using the term Glory Hunters,

A bit rich coming from a well known Mikel and Torres basher. Porter calling kettle black. Your holier than thou attitude is getting boring.

A bit rich coming from a well known Mikel and Torres basher. Porter calling kettle black. Your holier than thou attitude is getting boring.

so you are a Torres fan ,, or just a TROLL .. btw the expression is POT not Porter,,and as for boring

you just take the biscuit

As bad as Torres has been, he's also had some great games for us. besides no one is comparing the two of them. just that they are both extremely inconsistent which is a factual statement as the amount of good games Oscar has had since he joined can be counted on one hand figuratively speaking

but carry on with the selective reading as it suits your agenda.

You aren't comparing Oscar to Torres, but didierforever certainly is.

so you are a Torres fan ,, or just a TROLL .. btw the expression is POT not Porter,,and as for boring

you just take the biscuit

I'm not a Torres fan and I'm not a self righteous,hypocritical doofus either. You can't bash Torres and mikel then turn around and condemn people for doing exactly the same thing.

I'm not a Torres fan and I'm not a self righteous,hypocritical doofus either. You can't bash Torres and mikel then turn around and condemn people for doing exactly the same thing.

Torres deserves all the criticism he gets .. I criticise Mikel but not in the ranting manner you have attacked Oscar . Im NOT holier than you .. JUST more intelligent and knowledgeable. Still one day perhaps ,,,

What you fail to realize is that Torres was the most expensive signing of the EPL, under massive wages and a player who should be supposedly at his prime or close to it, he should be carrying this team from the moment he joined but instead he's our worst player and someone we can't seem to get rid of. Oscar came for less than half Fernando's price, and as with any other young player, a great part of his price tag comes down to potential, not only his current level. And even then he has made the difference and won matches for us at times. They are two completely different situations and how can you not see it is beyond me or any rational human being.

Oscar is our no.1 no.10 who was chosen ahead of mata, kdb and is being chosen ahead of willian. This "potential" argument would have been good last year, right now he will be 23 and time he started converting that potential. Hazard was our player of thr year last season at the sane age.

And how does it natter who costs what? At the end of the day, u want every player on the pitch to perform to the best of his level. U want every player to repay hos manager's trust something that oscar simply has not done.

He is going yo be 23, the no.1 no.10 for chelsea so he needs to put in performances which are good enough for that responsibility irrespective of if he was bought for 1mil or 25mil or 50mil. How difficult is that to understand.

Oscar is our no.1 no.10 who was chosen ahead of mata, kdb and is being chosen ahead of willian. This "potential" argument would have been good last year, right now he will be 23 and time he started converting that potential. Hazard was our player of thr year last season at the sane age.

And how does it natter who costs what? At the end of the day, u want every player on the pitch to perform to the best of his level. U want every player to repay hos manager's trust something that oscar simply has not done.

He is going yo be 23, the no.1 no.10 for chelsea so he needs to put in performances which are good enough for that responsibility irrespective of if he was bought for 1mil or 25mil or 50mil. How difficult is that to understand.

and who in their right frame of mind would compare anyone to Hazard? Hazard is special, he's a hell of a player and one most people here know is our most talented player... we should compare Oscar's development to players his age that are around the same quality as he, like Schurrle who's 24 and other players in other teams. There are few players in the world you can compare to Hazard at age 23...

Not difficult at all... No one disagrees with that. You're basically repeating exactly what people have been discussing about over the last summer regarding Oscar... Which is why it's bizarre you're debating it now because people have been saying this from the beginning. I also believe that Oscar needs to step it up this season and have said on numerous occasions that this is IMO his 'make or break' season, but that doesn't mean I can't commend him for doing well in the 2nd half.

What are you even trying to argue now? You're trying to throw points across that no one is arguing against... Your original argument was that Oscar was 'pathetic' and embarrassing etc, people called you out for it and you continued to try and bring completely irrelevant points in to try and back your arguments up (irrelevant in the sense that it's already been discussed and no one necessarily disagrees). Comparing Oscar to Torres is absolutely laughable, how one can even comprehend that in his mind is hilarious. Just let it go man.