Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly his fault that United paid 30m for him when his worth is much lower than that. The idea of judging a player solely based on the transfer fee is kinda silly.

Of course it's not his fault but if he was a player from United's academy noone would say he is underperforming. It doesn't mean he is a flop but fans and the media will put extra pressure on him because of his price tag.

Being average in an average team isn't the most worrying thing for me here. The reason why I was skeptical about wanting him here with the money involved was because of his horrendous injury record. There's no doubting he's talented, but every year since he's been in the spotlight he's been plagued with tweeks and pulled muscles.

Not exactly his fault that United paid 30m for him when his worth is much lower than that. The idea of judging a player solely based on the transfer fee is kinda silly.

No its not his fault and it is also not fully his fault hes under performed because people overrated him to the heavens and back because hes young and English.

Definitely been disappointing not just for United fans but a lot of England fans and even people on this forum when we were constantly linked thought he was better than Cole and even Bertrand who has replaced him at Southampton with ease.

I was one of the few that fought hard with the 'no thanks' brigade. He's got good potential but there was nothing I saw that he did particularly well that made me think he was for sure a 30m player. The English tax is a joke... Especially when English players are nowhere among the best in the world. 30m plus 100k in wages is just way too much to spend on a teenager because he's English.

Ricardo Rodriguez is the guy you can see being the next big thing at LB, he's shown way more than Shaw, miles really

• 1 year later...

I wonder if he's in Mourinho's plans in the future. Sure, some criticisms is far from an actual fall-out between Shaw and Mourinho but still....

Mourinho sold Cech to Arsenal and Mata to United so he has no problems in selling players to rivals. Could he sell this gem of a player to us?

34 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I wonder if he's in Mourinho's plans in the future. Sure, some criticisms is far from an actual fall-out between Shaw and Mourinho but still....

Mourinho sold Cech to Arsenal and Mata to United so he has no problems in selling players to rivals. Could he sell this gem of a player to us?

No. Jose didn't want to sell Cech to Arsenal and he said that a lot of times. Our board let him go.

Man Utd won't sell any of their players to rivals.

39 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

If United signed alaba next season yes it can happen. 

On 9/24/2016 at 6:41 PM, !Hazard! said:

Correction .... Mourinho didnt sell either of the players ... the players had good connections with the board and/or owner which is the reason the deal went through ... What happened during the Cech deal is out in the open and with Mata, he didnt give a damn where he was off too ... 

• 3 months later...

Clearly out of favor with Jose, grew up a Chelsea fan(I think?) energetic, athletic, left footed. for the right price i would certainly be open to him occupying our LWB spot. 

Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Clearly out of favor with Jose, grew up a Chelsea fan(I think?) energetic, athletic, left footed. for the right price i would certainly be open to him occupying our LWB spot. 

Thoughts?

Brilliant player but He hasn't been the same since that bad injury 

18 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Thoughts?

Why wingback? his attacking qualities are nowhere near the required standard for that position. His best chance of making it in a 3-4-3 would be LCB.

30 minutes ago, the wes said:

Brilliant player but He hasn't been the same since that bad injury 

I agree, but as we have seen confidence plays a huge role in a players mind. A full summer and training camp under Conte and I think he would regain full fitness and some confidence. His entire time at ManU has been full of uncertainty and a gruesome injury which is a shame. 

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Why wingback? his attacking qualities are nowhere near the required standard for that position. His best chance of making it in a 3-4-3 would be LCB.

I disagree, LWB would be the only position I would want him. 6'1, lots of pace and strength and can whip a cross in. What exactly is the LWB required standard for attacking qualities to you? I think he posses the qualities we are looking for in a LWB personally.

EDIT: Found a scouting report on him after he joined ManU

As an attacking outlet, Shaw completed more than twice the number of take-ons that Evra did last season, meaning he will add an incisive presence down that flank that United have been missing. His strength in the tackle will aid him to post even better numbers next season, given the strong positional and tactical soundness that United’s new manager Louis van Gaal will instill in him.

There are two attacking routes that Shaw offers:

• Shaw likes to run at opposition right backs and once he hits full speed, he is very difficult to stop. His crosses account for more than 50% of his chances created. With United’s traditional preference of attacking wingbacks and Louis van Gaal being a known advocate of pace, pressure and width high up the pitch, Shaw will fit into the United philosophy seamlessly
  • In instances where there is no resistance on the flanks, instead of going wide to cross, Shaw prefers to advance with pace into the inside left channel, where his speed and decision making skills will allow him to enter the box. This forces a foul and most probably will lead to a penalty

There is no doubt that Shaw’s speed, skill and confidence on the ball coupled with his willingness to take on defenders and cross with power and curve will make him one of the finest attacking left backs in the game down the years to come.

and the link to his Whoscored: 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/118244

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd still gladly have him here but no chance José would sell him here.

I know its tricky but if history is any indication if Jose doesnt rate a player he doesn't particularly care who he sells them to he just wants them gone. Who would have thought Mata to ManU would have ever happened? 

11 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Found a scouting report on him after he joined ManU

Sounds like hes made to be a WB

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd still gladly have him here but no chance José would sell him here.

Why cant Roman buy another team so they could buy him and loan him to us!

Oh wait! Shitty did that!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You