Luke Shaw

Joker10

11 hours ago, manpe said:

Enough of rejects from our rivals maybe? I for one trust Mourinho in his judging of character, and the last thing we need is another snowflake who crumbles at every sign of trouble.

I understand where you're coming from but I wouldn't go as far as making judgements about his character based on his current form or about his lack of playing time under Mourinho. Let's remember that this guy had his leg in pieces two years ago, and he could have just quit the sport and spend rest of his life in the Caribbean knowing that he has the money to do so. Instead he fought back from that terrible injury, which to me shows that he isn't your average snowflake.

He doesn't look very fit at the moment and despite still being was relatively good yesterday Mourinho decided to sub him off for some unknown reason. In my opinion a proper summer fitness regime and manager that actually trusts him (and allows him to play like a normal modern left-back) could do wonders and lift him up back to the level we saw prior to his injury.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old, same old. Mourinho unable to develop young talent - Tell me something new... We were made to believe De Bruyne is the laziest and most unprofessional player on this planet. And we fools took the bait. Look at him now. 

Luke Shaw is a victim of Mourinho's ego - Chose United over Chelsea when Mourinho was in charge here. Enough for Mourinho to hold grudge on him and try to discredit Shaw with every opportunity. Even when the kid has had a good game, it was "Mourinho's brain and Shaw's legs"...

There is three top, super, highly talented internationals in United's squad that any other manager would have improved by now - Martial, Rashford, Shaw. No wonder they have stalled, maybe even regressed under Mourinho. 

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, City - no matter who Shaw's next club is, I'm 100% he'll hit the ground running again. 

Chelsea are leading the chase for Shaw, who is a boyhood Blues fan, if he decides to leave Manchester United this summer. (Mail)

Senior figures at United are becoming increasingly worried by manager Mourinho's treatment of Shaw and the impact it is having on the left-back's transfer value. (Telegraph)

On 18/03/2018 at 2:08 AM, manpe said:

Enough of rejects from our rivals maybe? I for one trust Mourinho in his judging of character, and the last thing we need is another snowflake who crumbles at every sign of trouble.

Difficult to trust Mourinho's judgement when the likes of Robben, De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku and Salah have all been discarded by him.

The problem with Mourinho is his team is built in a regimented, machine like way, with the first port of call being physically strong and defensively solid. His team may afford a couple of more creative players but they must still be willing to work hard and fit to the system (e.g. a Willian over a Robben).

The way I view it is that Luke Shaw isn't good enough defensively for Mourinho, which is fundamentally more important for his way of playing than Luke Shaw being good offensively. In other teams who are willing to play "front-foot" football and expect their full backs to push on, he could potentially thrive 

For me, Luke Shaw is far from the player he was at Southampton. Whether that is a result of lack of confidence, lack of character, the injury he suffered, or a combination of all three I'm not so sure. If we brought the player that could get back to his Southampton level then we'd have a player on our hands who could hold down the left hand side for the next 8 - 10 years potentially. But if his problems run deeper than confidence then we could be once again stuck with a risky buy that backfires. 

48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Difficult to trust Mourinho's judgement when the likes of Robben, De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku and Salah have all been discarded by him.

Think he discarded them because they either 1) were not good enough defensively, 2) not developed enough and he failed to realize the potential. Although I see your point, Mourinho can play only with ready-made stars in a team full of leaders. If he has to develop or build it himself, he will get exposed. He has no patience to develop players, they need to have a Drogba/Zanetti character out of box to thrive under him.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Think he discarded them because they either 1) were not good enough defensively, 2) not developed enough and he failed to realize the potential. Although I see your point, Mourinho can play only with ready-made stars in a team full of leaders. If he has to develop or build it himself, he will get exposed. He has no patience to develop players, they need to have a Drogba/Zanetti character out of box to thrive under him.

The only time I feel he has gone against this notion during his Chelsea reigns is playing Zouma ahead of Cahill and I think again this was more necessity because our back line was lacking in raw pace to cover in behind which Zouma provided.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Van Gaal didn’t fancy him either, and even Hodgson used to criticise him from what I remember, which is unlike him. Might be worth a punt though as he's keen to play for us apparently.

If we hadn't signed Emerson, I would agree with you. But given that we had, not sure about it. We don't really need 3 left backs/left wing backs, do we?

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we hadn't signed Emerson, I would agree with you. But given that we had, not sure about it. We don't really need 3 left backs/left wing backs, do we?

Five as Dave can play there as well ^_^ Knowing how JM sucks the joy out of some players, he'll be a good buy for someone.

We still own Baba as well

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
5 hours ago, Jason said:

We still own Baba as well

Oops! But doesn't matter though, he's on loan at Schalke until the end of the next season.

Oops! But doesn't matter though, he's on loan at Schalke until the end of the next season.
I didn't realise it was an 18 month deal. Hope whoever's in charge in the summer gets rid of 20+ players at the very least.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:13 AM, Superblue_1986 said:

Mourinho didn't just dump Robben.

Robben and his old man were constantly touting him to Real, he was determined to go there.......who does that remind you of lol

Also it's not mentioned here much if at all, he got rid of Philpe Luiz, I'll never know why, I thought he was a really good LB/LWB

47 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Also it's not mentioned here much if at all, he got rid of Philpe Luiz, I'll never know why, I thought he was a really good LB/LWB

It's been mentioned and complained about a lot. The reason is simple - he had a boner for declining Ivanovic because of his height so he was undroppable, as was Azpi at LB because he's a better defender. Filipe's attacking prowess meant squat to him.

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

It's been mentioned and complained about a lot. The reason is simple - he had a boner for declining Ivanovic because of his height so he was undroppable, as was Azpi at LB because he's a better defender. Filipe's attacking prowess meant squat to him.

So i missed thread, fuck it:o

There ya go though bruv, add yet another fuck up by Mourinho

On 3/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, petre.ispirescu said:

Same old, same old. Mourinho unable to develop young talent - Tell me something new... We were made to believe De Bruyne is the laziest and most unprofessional player on this planet. And we fools took the bait. Look at him now. 

Luke Shaw is a victim of Mourinho's ego - Chose United over Chelsea when Mourinho was in charge here. Enough for Mourinho to hold grudge on him and try to discredit Shaw with every opportunity. Even when the kid has had a good game, it was "Mourinho's brain and Shaw's legs"...

There is three top, super, highly talented internationals in United's squad that any other manager would have improved by now - Martial, Rashford, Shaw. No wonder they have stalled, maybe even regressed under Mourinho. 

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, City - no matter who Shaw's next club is, I'm 100% he'll hit the ground running again. 

Lukaku actively rage quitted on Mourinho's Chelsea twice yet he's now giving the same player the same unconditional 90 minutes he gave Ivanovic, so it clearly runs deeper than that. I might have been up for the gamble had we still been playing a flat back four, but apart from at a push LCB i don't see how in a million years he would fit in here in the back 3/5.

Martial however i agree with, Rashford's hit his ceiling so not to bothered with him.

Think like Barkley, if we can get him for 15-20m its a win win, if he signs and starts to hit some consistency and improve, its good for us and if doesn't improve and get back to that level, he'll be here on a 5-6 year contract and will undoubtedly make the club money although I'm more concerned with results on the park and reckon that he could be a good signing if he went back to a back 4, not sure about Alonso in a back 4 at all. Hes a big powerful full back who can cover a lot of space in a short time, think he'd be an ideal fit here.

• 4 weeks later...

Luke Shaw has yet to make a decision about his future at Manchester United. The 22-year-old will consider his options at the end of the season, after having a difficult relationship with manager Jose Mourinho. (ESPN)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You