Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Hes been a huge let down for United this year hasn't he? 32M as well was it, crazy really, we signed Costa for that ffs, really happy we didn't get him because even when he has played he's looked out of sorts and although Filipe Luis hasn't been a regular its obvious hes a better player.

The argument about English clubs needing English players is gonna rumble on but I'd rather we looked at getting players for a decent fee like Cahill, Lampard, Joe Cole, Johnston, Ashley Cole etc before hand than spunking 30M on a 18 year old full back like United did. Obviously times have changed as well but like we did with Cahill, still shows there is value for money on some English players its just about finding the right ones.

He's been underperforming for United just like Falcao and Di Maria. United spent a fortune on them so this must be a huge disappointment for them.

Definitely been disappointing not just for United fans but a lot of England fans and even people on this forum when we were constantly linked thought he was better than Cole and even Bertrand who has replaced him at Southampton with ease.

I wouldn't buy him at that time because we had more important targets in that window like Costa, Fabregas etc and it would be more dificult to have money for Shaw... but right now with the team we have maybe it would be good to try a player like this if we have the chance.

30M£ was clearly over payed, but he is a kid, he has a lot of time to improve, he has quality... I don't think they will regret this buy that much. Even if they sell him they can get 20M£ without a problem.

Why jumping on this kid ? Because he doesn't perform in the United team, well for me that doesn't tell much. Rubbish teams can make their players look rubbish. Then it only need one or two cogs to click to have a whole machine running. It's always like that. Now Di Maria is on rubbish site also. And players like Varane, Benzema or Isco are made pretty shit. They're not. Schalke was looking like a laughing stock when we beat them last time. What're today thoughts about them ?

Filipe is great and especially after he put his slightly shaky defence behind him, since January he does absolutely brilliant job whenever has a chance. But if we're talking about next LB then better search for someone 6'1". Mourinho likes to have big full-backs.

Luke is pretty big in that Jose mould. I'd still take him in a heartbeat.

Why jumping on this kid ? Because he doesn't perform in the United team, well for me that doesn't tell much. Rubbish teams can make their players look rubbish. Then it only need one or two cogs to click to have a whole machine running. It's always like that. Now Di Maria is on rubbish site also. And players like Varane, Benzema or Isco are made pretty shit. They're not. Schalke was looking like a laughing stock when we beat them last time. What're today thoughts about them ?

Filipe is great and especially after he put his slightly shaky defence behind him, since January he does absolutely brilliant job whenever has a chance. But if we're talking about next LB then better search for someone 6'1". Mourinho likes to have big full-backs.

Luke is pretty big in that Jose mould. I'd still take him in a heartbeat.

Hes pretty big physically but hes hardly hyped up as what people said. I remember people saying he was ready to play for a top team and I was like how? Because hes played 3 seasons for Southampton? One season in Championship and 2 in the PL, 0 games in Europe? In fact some people said he was good enough to be Englands first choice LB as well....

:lol:

Eight months into his first season at a big club and people are already jumping on his back. Typical. That's without even mentioning he's only 19 and was bought for the future.

People expect more from a 30 million player which is understandable.

People expect more from a 30 million player which is understandable.

Not exactly his fault that United paid 30m for him when his worth is much lower than that. The idea of judging a player solely based on the transfer fee is kinda silly.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You