Luke Shaw

Joker10

Although scapegoated by Maureen, I thought he had genuine fitness issues - being overweight, being sidelined often. If not seen anything from him, when fit, to suggest he's anything but overrated due to being English. Would we want this guy if he was German, or Italian, even if he supported Chelsea in those scenarios? I don't think so.

In this overinflated market, United seek only £20m for him, apparently. So they must consider his 'true' value, if we were in normal times, around £13m or thereabout. Despite the age difference, I'd still bite my arm off for Bertrand instead. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5013857/luke-shaw-manchester-united-paul-pogba-zlatan-ibrahimovic/

Luke Shaw is one of Manchester United’s fittest players ahead of the likes of Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Left-back is often criticised for his stocky frame but tests and the Carrington HQ have show Shaw is one of the best in terms of overall fitness.

To be honest at this point I don't think it's about his fitness or commitment anymore. Mourinho simply does not rate him and IMHO still holds grudge against Shaw for rejecting him back when Mourinho was with us. Mourinho is a hyprocite and a grade A turd that would rather play Young at left back and punish Shaw for personal reasons  

He'll end up somewhere that loves the big clubs leftovers like Everton. Think he can still develop into a good player under the right circumstances but doesn't look like he'll ever become the world class player everyone thought he would be.

It's very difficult to be a player in Mourinho's team if you are not in the starting XI. There have been too many cases where fringe players look plain average under Mourinho but have become literally world class somewhere else. To me it seems like he chooses a small group of amigos at every club and pretty much ignores the rest no matter how well they perform. I remember a cup game couple years ago where Filipe Luis and Azpilicueta were the fullbacks and the overall play was some of the best and most dynamic we had seen in years. For the next league games half of the fans were screaming for that same fullback lineup but Mourinho instead went for the usual Ivanovic-Terry-Cahill-Azpilicueta. It goes without saying that we hardly ever saw both Azpilicueta and Luis together in the starting XI again. Filipe Luis didn't look anything special here apart from few performances but suddenly he was so much better once he went back to Atletico where his manager had faith in him. Similarly, Shaw needs a manager that puts trust in him and promises game time if he performs. I believe that Pep would make him one of the best left-backs in the country and I hope Conte could at least try to do that as well. He's got all the talent in the world but hasn't had proper game time ever since that terrible injury few seasons ago. In the beginning of 2015-2016 season and prior to that injury he was arguably the outstanding player of LvG's mediocre United team.

Shaw would be an affordable option for LWB and signing him would definitely improve our dire wingback situation. Moreover, he's better defensively than Alonso and thus he would be able to play as a LB in a back four as well which might be important for some games where we'd have difficulties with our current system.

54 minutes ago, It's too big said:

What would be the point though? Is he even fit? How would he suit LWB? 

He will be a free agent come next summer. If we get him then, it shouldn't be a worry. Low risk, potential high reward.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He will be a free agent come next summer. If we get him then, it shouldn't be a worry. Low risk, potential high reward.

Unless United trigger the one year extension option they apparently have, sell him for a fee and we don’t get him. Or if you believe some rumors they apparently have, like with Ander Herrera (apparently).

I think we should look to bid for him in January, I’m sure we can get him for 15m, that isn’t a lot, his fitness is a gamble but again I don’t believe he’s not playing because he’s unfit, he’s not playing because of one man who has a history of not trusting and eventuwlly moving on young players without thinking about the long term gain of keeping them. He is a good player and has got the potential to still be a very good player although his talent has been overhyped in the past. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Mourinho is absolutely clueless when it comes to (modern) fullbacks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Luke Shaw is leaving United, we should definitely try to get him.

Enough of rejects from our rivals maybe? I for one trust Mourinho in his judging of character, and the last thing we need is another snowflake who crumbles at every sign of trouble.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You