Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Any chance we could still get him? 

Always a chance since we seemingly have a good relationship with them. Willian/Martial are the big points of business, Shaw would have to be real serious about coming here to get into the discussion I think though. Sell Marcos Alonso to a spanish team and bring in Luke Shaw is a nice looking move.

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Always a chance since we seemingly have a good relationship with them. Willian/Martial are the big points of business, Shaw would have to be real serious about coming here to get into the discussion I think though. Sell Marcos Alonso to a spanish team and bring in Luke Shaw is a nice looking move.

Why would anyone want Luke Shaw at this point? He's making 100k a week!

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Why would anyone want Luke Shaw at this point? He's making 100k a week!

Yes, the contract would have to change. But if a couple things go right and he gets some confidence back we could have a real dangerous player. HG helps also. Or maybe he is too far gone to save, Summertime always skews with my perception of players as optimism and belief creep in instead of reality.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Changing an average LB for another average LB is stupid, Luke Shaw needs to lose about a stone and his level is Newcastle.

He's looking pretty fit this summer

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Yes, the contract would have to change. But if a couple things go right and he gets some confidence back we could have a real dangerous player. HG helps also. 

the contract would have to change? Do you know of any agent who will instruct his client to leave and accept less money to do so? His contract will have to finish before he does anything like accept less on a new deal.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

the contract would have to change? Do you know of any agent who will instruct his client to leave and accept less money to do so? His contract will have to finish before he does anything like accept less on a new deal.

The agent would never instruct a player, but a players will matters. If he is riding the bench and miserable i do believe a player would take less to leave a toxic situation if it means he can get a chance at more game time. 100k and on the bench or 70k and in the rotation? at his age I think he would take the playing time and less money. It does happen.

Just now, akgw13 said:

The agent would never instruct a player, but a players will matters. If he is riding the bench and miserable i do believe a player would take less to leave a toxic situation if it means he can get a chance at more game time. 100k and on the bench or 70k and in the rotation? at his age I think he would take the playing time and less money. It does happen.

Not for me thanks. You are reminiscing on what could've been... I'm quite content with Emerson and Alonso 

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Not for me thanks. You are reminiscing on what could've been... I'm quite content with Emerson and Alonso 

You're probably right, focusing more on his potential than his current form. Content is the correct word for Emerson and Alonso, Be curious to see how Marcos adapts to a new system. 

Just now, akgw13 said:

You're probably right, focusing more on his potential than his current form. Content is the correct word for Emerson and Alonso, Be curious to see how Marcos adapts to a new system. 

I think Emerson supplants him.

Who the hell is Luke Shaw... Leon Bailey is the real deal....pls Chelsea accept Barcelona reported €60m bid for willian if true and invest it on this sensational talent.... I am more than confident in Emerson...he is gonna play sarriball... 

40 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Changing an average LB for another average LB is stupid, Luke Shaw needs to lose about a stone and his level is Newcastle.

He has untapped potential I think. Regarding his weight, hes always been a bit heavy since his move to United and even more so after breaking his leg but hes posted an image on social media of him in Dubai with Uniteds strength and conditioning coach, it looks like hes lost a lot of weight and intends to keep doing so too. Fair enough the games he played last season his manager publicly criticised him (not sure Jose even understood why, I think he just likes to do that with certain players) and played Ashley Young at LB, but we've seen Jose here constantly stick with experienced average players over more realistic solutions (Ivanovic at RB instead of Azpi and not using Filipe Luis arguably one of the best LBs in Europe?)

If we lost any LBs, I think under Sarri he would be a shrewd signing. I mean he was a top talent and if its any similar to the deal we got for Barkley, if we can get him for 15M and he doesn't work out, its no big loss but we already have Alonso and Emerson who I think will get a big chance this season. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, OneMoSalah said:

He has untapped potential I think. Regarding his weight, hes always been a bit heavy since his move to United and even more so after breaking his leg but hes posted an image on social media of him in Dubai with Uniteds strength and conditioning coach, it looks like hes lost a lot of weight and intends to keep doing so too. Fair enough the games he played last season his manager publicly criticised him (not sure Jose even understood why, I think he just likes to do that with certain players) and played Ashley Young at LB, but we've seen Jose here constantly stick with experienced average players over more realistic solutions (Ivanovic at RB instead of Azpi and not using Filipe Luis arguably one of the best LBs in Europe?)

If we lost any LBs, I think under Sarri he would be a shrewd signing. I mean he was a top talent and if its any similar to the deal we got for Barkley, if we can get him for 15M and he doesn't work out, its no big loss but we already have Alonso and Emerson who I think will get a big chance this season. 

I think hes up for a gamble too. Specially as it looks like hes got contract disputes (we know all about them eh Eden!) Maybe in the Jan sales? Hes obviously posted the photo to show hes put the work in. Edens arse is twice Shaws size right now but nobody's on wobble bottoms case!!

For some reason its pretty obvious Sarri hasn't gelled with Emerson. But even with the defensive probs with Alonso that wont matter as much once we start pressing/defending as a team.

I wouldn't want to lose Alonso under Sarri as its suiting him down to the ground so I dont understand how Granny can supposedly be open to offers for him. Specially as Sarris seems to like him so much

I do wish we had gone for Telles!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You