Eden Hazard

the wes

His mistake was to even take that slippery road and comment on our style of play. By anticipation I meant that he shouldn't be so naive to throw those kinds of statements around, it doesn't matter at all what his exact words were and what he meant by them because you can bet your house those are not the words that will be on the next morning's paper's headlines. PR catastrophe.

No he shouldn't have said "Chelsea tika-taka", there are more diplomatic ways of answering provocative questions. I'll give you an example: "Atletico played very well. We had the game in our hands till they scored that goal, which is unfortunate. We're all obviously very disappointed but we'll be back stronger next year" - check any footballer's post match interviews and most of them will be in the lines of that. Diplomatic but without any certain message.

Those words are on the morning papers headlines because of ridiclous mistranslations and deliberate attemps from the press to destabalize Hazard.

H

No offence mate, Chelsea ne joue pas au foot doesn't mean "Chelsea doesn't play football", it merely means Chelsea doesn't play possession football.

it's ambiguous and that's the point! if you say something ambiguous like that, you can be sure the media are going to put a negative spin on it and start stirring shit... i've seen plenty of headlines in the british media saying "chelsea doesn't play football" -hazard and stuff to that effect.... he has to be wiser on what he says and how he says it, he has to realize the media aren't necessarily his friends and will most certainly twist anything he says that is even remotely ambiguous

Those words are on the morning papers headlines because of ridiclous mistranslations and deliberate attemps from the press to destabalize Hazard.

H

You're right! Media is a business and there's a saying about it: "Business is business, someone has to take it up the arse"

You're right! Media is a business and there's a saying about it: "Business is business, someone has to take it up the arse"

But then he shouldn't talk to any French speaking journa EVER, because if the English press just translates what they want and in the process completely remove his actual message, it's going to get silly.

it really is astounding how he even gets the blame for the blatant rubbish from the English tabloids.

I don't really understand all the fuss about what he said really.

He surely could have used better words but did people REALLY didn't understand what he meant ? I geniunely hope for them it's not the case, after all -as human beings- it would be worrisome.. Anyway people fall into the traps of the media and play a part in this masquerade and then blame -insert name here-. I guess it's also Hazard fault if half the world lack common sense... Sad world indeed.

But then he shouldn't talk to any French speaking journa EVER, because if the English press just translates what they want and in the process completely remove his actual message, it's going to get silly.

it really is astounding how he even gets the blame for the blatant rubbish from the English tabloids.

Listen, the playing-ground is even for everyone more or less. World class footballers are bound to get media attention, its something that comes with the job. We don't see that kind of drama every week do we? - no, because Chelsea was too easy of a target to let Hazard's comments slip. So in a sense, he should have ignored media attention till it all went back to normal again. Media=business, football=business, it's naive to even mention the word "ethics" and "sportsmanship" when it comes to anything related to money. Roughly translated expression from estonian language: "Human is a wolf to another human".

I find this whole converstaion un-necessary. My take on this subject is and will be this: Hazard's comments were blown out of porportion but he shouldn't have even had that intervew on that subject giving the timing. Mourinho shouldn't do the same mistake Hazard did - which we now see he has done. I understand Mourinho in a sense that he has to show who is in charge, he is the boss. In his line of work his reputation and his authority is all that matters. Best thing now is to sort this out behind closed doors and move on. Crazy how things have gone so far that people are actually thinking of selling him or having the theoretical possibility up for discussion. Not going to happen.

Roughly translated expression from estonian language: "Human is a wolf to another human".

Plautus, 195 BC 'lupus est homo homini'. Later rephrased famously in Hobbes' leviathan and even by Freud. Let's say its cross-cultural and from all times. All the more reason to back our players AND coach up.

Plautus, 195 BC 'lupus est homo homini'. Later rephrased famously in Hobbes' leviathan and even by Freud. Let's say its cross-cultural and from all times. All the more reason to back our players AND coach up.

Cheers for that :D I just knew the phrase in Estonian - "inimene on inimesele hunt" - and tried to translate it.

Listen, the playing-ground is even for everyone more or less. World class footballers are bound to get media attention, its something that comes with the job. We don't see that kind of drama every week do we? - no, because Chelsea was too easy of a target to let Hazard's comments slip. So in a sense, he should have ignored media attention till it all went back to normal again. Media=business, football=business, it's naive to even mention the word "ethics" and "sportsmanship" when it comes to anything related to money. Roughly translated expression from estonian language: "Human is a wolf to another human".

I find this whole converstaion un-necessary. My take on this subject is and will be this: Hazard's comments were blown out of porportion but he shouldn't have even had that intervew on that subject giving the timing. Mourinho shouldn't do the same mistake Hazard did - which we now see he has done. I understand Mourinho in a sense that he has to show who is in charge, he is the boss. In his line of work his reputation and his authority is all that matters. Best thing now is to sort this out behind closed doors and move on. Crazy how things have gone so far that people are actually thinking of selling him or having the theoretical possibility up for discussion. Not going to happen.

Yea in an ideal world he should have ignored the interview. Fact of the matter is he didn't, and even though he didn't say anything headline-worthy AT ALL, the shit hit the fan. It wouldn't be so bad if not for Mourinho who is clearly agitated by him and starts slamming him in his press conference, on the grounds of a mistranslated interview. That's the most ridiculous bit of all. I don't believe for a second he'd have criticized him publicly if not for that interview. i love José, and I know he needs to show he's the boss etc, but not based on false grounds. It will have hurt Hazard.

I cannot believe people want to sell Hazard.

Same people that wanted Drogba gone after he said what he did when Mourinho first left.

I don't think we should sell him at all! just thinks he needs to wise up a bit in terms of what he says to the media... otherwise fantastic player, great and layed back personality and a joy to watch! what's not to like

My take on this, although I agree with many:

Hazard didn't do well enough, but it is wrong to accuse him solely for the defeat, not that I think any serious member do. He should have done better, Ramires should too, but we know that Hazard is worldclass, thus we have come to expect so much of him EVERY TIME. That's what you do with worldclass players, they can't just turn on and off from time to time. He has some way to go before he reaches that level IMO, but he will be so if he follows José's advice.

Hazard shouldn't comment on our play to the media in general IMO, but he did, and what he said has been twisted out of proportions. But that's what the media tends to do, so hardly a surprise.

I just hope Hazard feels he has something to prove to Mourinho and pushes on. Only thing he can and should do is let his football do the talking. Can't wait to see him with a real fucking striker upfront, and a decent midfield supplying Eden.

What Hazard said or didn't say is not the question here.

How many of you honestly believe that Mourinho didn't double check Hazard's words and their meaning before he came out and said what he said.

Do you honestly find him that naive?

No, you probably don't.

Whatever Hazard said or meant to say wasn't well received from Mourinho, hence those words in public, which I don't approve.

Anyway, what's all the fuss about? It's not like this is the first time Hazard was critized in public from Mourinho. I don't read papers that much, but wasn't Hazard among those players who don't perform on high level as often as other players (mainly defenders)?

How was it, perform good in some games disappear in another?

Anyway Hazard might be little frustrated with lack of support he receives in attack. He doesn't score as often as he used to, could be lack of quality creative midfielders to supply him.

It looks like there is some kind misunderstanding between those two, but it's nothing that can't be repaired.

Technically gifted players sometimes find it hard to play under Mourinho. Nothing new there. It will all improve next season when we get Diego Costa. These words will be forgotten.